Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BlkDia. Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Installed my new Switch, it was so easy. Just pull the lower dash panel and pop out the old one. Plugged it in and popped back in place. Tested out the button and my dash showed the Fog Light Icon since I already made the Forscan changes! WOOHOO!
Now I just need to wire everything up and hook up my fog lights!

*FYI I got my switch from OEM Ford Parts - only took 7 days to get it to Cali.
https://ford.oempartsonline.com/oem-parts/ford-switch-assembly-headlamps-m2dz11654ac

Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch dash
Sponsored

Last edited:

mblur05

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone please advise where to order these from, the ford dealer I placed an order with cancelled it because they said its the wrong part number for me and are trying to tell me i need the HC switch…mofo I’m not trying to add front and rears!!! Just send me what I ordered idiots!!! Ugghhh
Check out OEM Ford Parts - here is the one I got with just Front Fog switch.
https://ford.oempartsonline.com/oem-parts/ford-switch-assembly-headlamps-m2dz11654ac

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check out OEM Ford Parts - here is the one I got with just Front Fog switch.
Yea they’re asking me to enter my VIN too, every site I’ve looked at has asked me to verify my VIN…like wtf just let me order what I wanna order. Did you have any issues ordering with them? I worry I’m going to run into the same thing with them, they’re gonna want my VIN and then cancel when they feel its the wrong part number for me.

mblur05

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea they’re asking me to enter my VIN too, every site I’ve looked at has asked me to verify my VIN…like wtf just let me order what I wanna order. Did you have any issues ordering with them? I worry I’m going to run into the same thing with them, they’re gonna want my VIN and then cancel when they feel its the wrong part number for me.
No I didn't have to enter my VIN, thats weird though you should be able to buy it without the VIN. I think its just an Optional thing.

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No I didn't have to enter my VIN, thats weird though you should be able to buy it without the VIN. I think its just an Optional thing.
Yea when I ordered it there was a drop down box that gave you the option to enter your VIN or you could select to proceed without verifying fitment. I selected that and then the next day they sent me an email stating to send them my VIN or they’re going to cancel my order, like WTF. So I did and they cancelled it anyway, telling me I needed to order the -DZ one.

18935A73-5A3E-43E1-A8C3-884507F43C1C.jpeg

Sponsored

mblur05

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea when I ordered it there was a drop down box that gave you the option to enter your VIN or you could select to proceed without verifying fitment. I selected that and then the next day they sent me an email stating to send them my VIN or they’re going to cancel my order, like WTF. So I did and they cancelled it anyway, telling me I needed to order the -DZ one.
That's really weird, but is FORDPARTSPROS the same company/website that I sent you where I got mine from?

Also, my switch was shipped by "Sames Kingsville Ford" a dealer in TX. Maybe my order slipped through the radar when asking for the VIN.

They must have gotten a lot of returns after I bought mine and they changed it so you had to give the VIN for them verify its meant for your vehicle.
Ford Bronco Factory Fog Light Switch 32

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's really weird, but is FORDPARTSPROS the same company/website that I sent you where I got mine from?

Also, my switch was shipped by "Sames Kingsville Ford" a dealer in TX. Maybe my order slipped through the radar when asking for the VIN.

They must have gotten a lot of returns after I bought mine and they changed it so you had to give the VIN for them verify its meant for your vehicle.
32.png
I haven’t ordered from the site you recommended yet, they said it was going to take 2-3 weeks to get here so i was like eek! The dealership just called me, I kinda lit into him pretty good and he said he’d send me the switch as long as I understand I cant return it, because his “management” has advised them that if the part doesn’t come up in the Ford parts catalog for my VIN they have to cancel it.

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will need M2DZ-11654-DC

That switch comes with everything, except rear fogs
OK - I have a Badlands with SAS, LUX, everything...so it looks like this is the one I need. Going to order this, along with a couple of factory pig tails. I'll then wire the DRL's on my RoughCountry foglights (https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-bronco-led-fog-light-kit-51070c.html) to the OEM foglight switch and connector, then put the "high power" fog lights on an upfitter switch.

Anyone see anything wrong with that approach? Basically I don't want to have to tie up 2 upfitter switches for the foglights and I see this as the only real alternative.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OK - I have a Badlands with SAS, LUX, everything...so it looks like this is the one I need. Going to order this, along with a couple of factory pig tails. I'll then wire the DRL's on my RoughCountry foglights (https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-bronco-led-fog-light-kit-51070c.html) to the OEM foglight switch and connector, then put the "high power" fog lights on an upfitter switch.

Anyone see anything wrong with that approach? Basically I don't want to have to tie up 2 upfitter switches for the foglights and I see this as the only real alternative.
Personally, I would wire the DRL part of those lights to the DRL circuit for the headlights, that way all your DRL's come on at the same time. Then use the fog light switch to actually control the actual lights. This way you don't even waste an aux switch at all.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd go with @Ducati1098's suggestion.. Plus, In many states with inspection requirements for on road use fog lights need to go off when the high beams are on. Using the Fog Light switch will do that automatically (assuming you don't enable Bambi Mode with Forscan)

Sponsored

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I would wire the DRL part of those lights to the DRL circuit for the headlights, that way all your DRL's come on at the same time. Then use the fog light switch to actually control the actual lights. This way you don't even waste an aux switch at all.
That’s a good idea. Just using a T-Tap or something? No concerns with BCM errors due to additional draw? What wire needs tapping?

Also, I want to use the upfitter switches for some things, just not for everything. LOL.

Maybe I don’t buy the factory fog light switch, just tie the DRL’s in to the factory stuff and use an upfitter switch for the fog lights. I’ll only use them off road anyways.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s a good idea. Just using a T-Tap or something? No concerns with BCM errors due to additional draw? What wire needs tapping?

Also, I want to use the upfitter switches for some things, just not for everything. LOL.

Maybe I don’t buy the factory fog light switch, just tie the DRL’s in to the factory stuff and use an upfitter switch for the fog lights. I’ll only use them off road anyways.
I’m not a fan of T-taps, but yes that is probably the easiest way to do it. I remember seeing someone make an inline harness for the headlight connector so you could wire in additional things, I'd have to look for it though. For signature lights, I think you would need to connect it to the park light circuit at the headlight connectors. It would be pin 9 on both connectors. The left headlight would be green/orange and the right headlight would be brown/yellow.

As far as the BCM, it *should* be fine with adding just the DRL's. I don't know exactly how much load the circuit can hold as it has an internal FET in the BCM and not a typical fuse. If you wire it up, and it trips the FET, then you will know it's too much and you will have to find a different way of wiring it. The FET in the BCM will reset once the additional load is removed.

Last edited:

mblur05

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want to tie into the factory Fog Switch, check out my post showing photos of the two Front Fog wires in "C203 connector" inside the driverside fender behind the fender wheel well. Thats if you don't have the wiring for the fog light harness from the factory.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ected-to-factory-connector.40448/post-1863054

Also see @zuke post about it too, he shows all the diagrams.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-1841369

Last edited:

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed my new Switch, it was so easy. Just pull the lower dash panel and pop out the old one. Plugged it in and popped back in place. Tested out the button and my dash showed the Fog Light Icon since I already made the Forscan changes! WOOHOO!
Now I just need to wire everything up and hook up my fog lights!

*FYI I got my switch from OEM Ford Parts - only took 7 days to get it to Cali.

I am about to update my light switch also. After popping the panel down. Are there any screws that need to come out? Is there a video out there? Thanks!!!

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check out this post. Cheap in-line harness...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...r-as-on-when-vehicle-is-on.69111/post-1857910
Sponsored