First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
still no word if the back seats have any recline adjustability? forward is great, recline is a must for really long trips.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They should have done what Honda did with the Element. Hinged back seats that can be swung out of the way or removed entirely. Missed opportunity, if you ask me.
585266_81_61976_n5fWW0QGW.jpg

585276_81_61976_o3PmymRn3.png

585285_81_61976_xGeytYiom.png

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

there’s a new one coming out soon

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Finally answered....pretty much like I thought....they used the method on the 1st Gen Ford Escapes! :)

I would bet the seats can be reclined a bit as well...the Escape seats do.

Personally I think you lose side space then with the Element’s solution, unless you remove them like in the last picture....now that is neat.

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 98E58BD5-F2D4-4413-8CBE-F751B23A2A27

Sponsored

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
They should have done what Honda did with the Element. Hinged back seats that can be swung out of the way or removed entirely. Missed opportunity, if you ask me.
Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 98E58BD5-F2D4-4413-8CBE-F751B23A2A27

Damn I want a Honda Element now!

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks much better than what we’ve seen previously. Folded the correct way looks like it will give enough useable storage space for me.
I understand folks complaints about level cargo loading but it looks like that was a secondary engineering design consideration.
There are always trade offs and it looks like the Bronco Engineering Design Team placed frame, 4X4 capability, etc. above level floor loading. (I’ll take that trade space any day and then use aftermarket Goose-Gear to have both. Win Win!)

BradCA

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lexus CT200, 2020 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had an FJ Cruiser and my seats folded to where the floor was flat. Ford please look at post #76 of this thread and just know it can be done. Also this is how the Bronco's door should swing if you're keeping the swinging door. A fold down door with power sliding window is preferable.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really hope the 4- door seats fold down totally flat. Could be a deal breaker for me if they don't. I need a smooth surface.

Sponsored

BasBronc80

Wildtrak
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you want to compete with a market leader in Any arena, here's how it works:

1. Identify 5-10 key performance dynamics and assign your competitor a score in each
2. Use market research to determine importance the market assigns to each dynamic
3. Develop your offering to outscore in 1-2 of those dynamics and be realll close in the others

To me, Bronco is not an engineering fail - it is a market research fail. Clearly Ford would have had a handful of JLs in the building, and I'd bet Ford engineers removed Jeep's rear seat dozens of times. But in the final design, they just didn't think its was big deal; the pic below is a JL after a 10-minute seat removal...and to me it IS a big deal:
Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 1599690085899

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Engineer A: "Why don't you raise the rear cargo floor height a few inches so it's in line with the seats when they are folded flat?"

Ford Engineer B: "But that would rob a fair amount of overall cargo space height... this way we make the load floor as low as possible, especially considering it's already a tall vehicle, and if they want they can add a storage platform later."

Ford Engineer A: "Don't you think everyone is going to get upset that the seats don't fold down flush with the cargo floor, even if it means it's robbing them of cargo room?"

Ford Engineer B: "Nah, our customers are smart enough to realize that this solution is the best of both worlds."

Bronco6g users:

giphy.gif
When you fold down with the slide out tailgate it gets you close.....
It's just the length of the rear quarter panel, right? So I'd guess 48"-50".
Spot on!

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way they fold I can live with, it's those giant hinges that I'm hoping they did something about. But as has been said, there will be solutions to that as well with the aftermarket.
Sponsored