Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay so I am not that informed, educated, experienced with all this but my thinking is 2.7 BL with 33" tires, the default, will be as quick as a bigger engine trying to turn 35'. Has to be as quick as WT in sport mode? Isn't a larger, heavier wheel a big deal on take off.

I would love a quicker BL and the way you guys talk about tuning it I think it will be plenty quick.

Also I am not sure what to wait for. I haven't seen anything indicating the Bronco will get a different engine unless we are talking Warthog.
Sponsored

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay so I am not that informed, educated, experienced with all this but my thinking is 2.7 BL with 33" tires, the default, will be as quick as a bigger engine trying to turn 35'. Has to be as quick as WT in sport mode? Isn't a larger, heavier wheel a big deal on take off.

I would love a quicker BL and the way you guys talk about tuning it I think it will be plenty quick.

Also I am not sure what to wait for. I haven't seen anything indicating the Bronco will get a different engine unless we are talking Warthog.
The 2.7 is a horse of a motor and will provide all of the speed that you are hoping for. Just saw a video where they got a 0-60 in 4.3 seconds on an f150 and a mild tune. As far as the drive modes go, I doubt that I will use them with the possible exception of the slick one for snow. I live on a Mtn. with some nasty grades. I think that the warthog and Raptor for that matter are just for Ford to get more money but you will be happy with either decision.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not planning on using driving modes outside of eco for highway and mud for when I'm off roading in muddy rocky pa. Also planning on the badlands. If you really want a sport mode, but don't have the option because of trim level, keep it in normal mode, turn off ABS, and choose a manual transmission. You can ride those revs as high as you want, and shift when you want. The stick is the original sport mode

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, being in the Midwest, we don’t have a lot of options for crawling, etc...so speed is important
I think it has Baja mode. They drive fast in Baja. I think there’s even a race there? Seriously though, that sport mode won’t make it faster.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not planning on using driving modes outside of eco for highway and mud for when I'm off roading in muddy rocky pa. Also planning on the badlands. If you really want a sport mode, but don't have the option because of trim level, keep it in normal mode, turn off ABS, and choose a manual transmission. You can ride those revs as high as you want, and shift when you want. The stick is the original sport mode
If I get pulled over for jumping things, I’ll just tell the cop “sorry, my wife put it in Baja mode”!

Sponsored

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You either compromise in time or compromise in vehicle options
50-60k for a new vehicle there should be no compromise

Lots of people way over cognate and try to find reasons to justify the compromise to get a new Bronco ASAP.....

Let's just hope after the Hedonic plateau you don't have buyers remorse

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You either compromise in time or compromise in vehicle options
50-60k for a new vehicle there should be no compromise

Lots of people way over cognate and try to find reasons to justify the compromise to get a new Bronco ASAP.....

Let's just hope after the Hedonic plateau you don't have buyers remorse
Interesting word choice, I had to look it up. I am probably ignorant here, but it seems it refers to a price that may change dependent on the buyers subjective value and external factors that set the price. Since the price of the Bronco is unlikely to change, except to increase, I fail to understand the word choice. Likely I lack some fundamental understanding.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
2023 is a long wait for warthog.
I would just get the badlands.

Warthog will not have a v8.
But if you really want the raptor of the bronco then wait.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the BL missing out on sport mode and better engine than the 2022 “raptor” would you suggest waiting for the 2022, or would you get the BL now?
What exactly do you think Sport mode does?? Lol

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wait for the combination that you want. This will be a vehicle you will have for years, don’t rush.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What engine is it missing out on? There’s only 2 to chose from, 2.3 or 2.7. And as far as the Goat Mode, the Badlands will get the Baja over the Sport which is the same setting other than Baja is 4wd vs the Sport 2wd. If you want the Sport mode just get a Black Diamond SAS’ed, then you get Sport.
Or a WT if you want high/lux - although you give up the MV.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting word choice, I had to look it up. I am probably ignorant here, but it seems it refers to a price that may change dependent on the buyers subjective value and external factors that set the price. Since the price of the Bronco is unlikely to change, except to increase, I fail to understand the word choice. Likely I lack some fundamental understanding.
More appropriate would be: The hedonic treadmill, also known as hedonic adaptation, is the observed tendency of humans to quickly return to a relatively stable level of happiness despite major positive or negative events or life changes.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As soon as tunes hit specific to the Bronco 2.7, it will negate a need for 'sport' mode.
It will also negate any drivetrain warranty.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The sport mode also effects the timing and throttle response. On my Fathers Lexus with a V6, I find I like to switch it to sport mode just for the throttle response and the shift points. I can’t say the effects on the steering mean much because I use it for getting on the expressways expressly! I’ll switch it back to ECO modes then. On my Escape which is manual, you are correct, I manage the shift points myself, but I have no way the control the timing or throttle response other than modifying the floorboard!
Sponsored