Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I assume you are a barbarian who uses the white background since no one who is a cultured and sophisticated member of society with dark mode enabled can read purple and black font.
Yep. Looks good to me!
Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yes thousands of softtops will go to Alamo lot

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see some people saying they are focusing mic top production on 2-doors since 2-door folks have no other options, and others saying 2-doors are screwed. I’d like to know which is true.

(also, is this a bad time to mention I already got my window sticker for the rubicon gladiator, after ordering on the 9th? lmao)
I'm leaning towards 2Dr being screwed assuming both tops are running off the same lines at Webasto. When you have a struggling production line you avoid changing over from one variant (2dr to 4dr) as much as possible to capitalize on when things are running well.
I sure hope that's the case.

2dr order holders are in pretty good shape. (as far as MIC is concerned)
per very reliable source/member of this forum.

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure I understand the question. I don't think they're intentionally delaying customer-builds. I think they are intentionally building what they can and selling them to make money.

They're not going to sit on parts, waiting for a specific customer build configuration. They'll build what they can and sell them when they can.
In that way yes they are making more money by selling more chassis. But it isn’t putting regular orders at the “bottom” of the totem pole lol. It just means that when they have no more soft top orders left they will just build all the remaining hard top orders and any leftover capacity goes to dealer stock units.

2dr order holders are in pretty good shape.
per very reliable source/member of this forum.
I will also confirm this from my own source.

Sponsored

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

the craziest thing to me is that you can't buy an a la carte hard top of any kind until '23. crazy.
Maybe not from Ford. Hopefully this gives some aftermarket suppliers a nudge towards making something for us soft top owners. Fastback hard top anyone?

JBnKC

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a very patient person (and stockholder), but as we approach 1 year since reservations, this really is a shit show. I ordered a stock Black Diamond 2DR 2.3L manual with zero upgrades or add ons for this very reason and never thought I should have ordered without a roof...stupid me.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just send me the Bronco without a top. I’ll deal with that later when they are ready.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4dr Wildtrak + LUX + Tow + Leather = Fucked
No problem. Just get a 2 door base with no upgrades or accessories added.

Oh wait, then you still have to deal with the hard top supply issue.

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do you interpret the line from the email that says, "We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to soley produce customer orders, as hoped."

Am I reading between the lines too much, or is Ford saying to us that they will now be making Broncos for the dealer lots to sell since they have a surplus of soft tops unless most of us switch our orders soon to softies because that what makes the most business sense for them so they can actually build and sell Broncos fast rather than sitting on parts?
That kinda fucks us WT order holders since we can't order the soft top unless we pay for the dual top option

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about 2D soft tops?

bronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see some people saying they are focusing mic top production on 2-doors since 2-door folks have no other options, and others saying 2-doors are screwed. I’d like to know which is true.

(also, is this a bad time to mention I already got my window sticker for the rubicon gladiator, after ordering on the 9th? lmao)
I've been enjoying my new Gladiator for a few months now while I watch my 2 Bronco orders gracefully age like a boxed wine. But I will admit I'm a code 99 and this is more spectator sport for me than anything at this point.