Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a function over form guy. Ugly, so what. Does not do what it's supposed to? Kick it to the curb...
I mean, its pretty easy to do both...

Evnstar

Wildtrak
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm a function over form guy. Ugly, so what. Does not do what it's supposed to? Kick it to the curb...
I should have mentioned that aside from how they look, I AM concerned about function with the large gap between them and the fender flares. Since I’m outside the cancellation window, (and still waiting on my Bronco), I will likely put them on as a stop-gap until something better comes along.

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think this thread should be changed to "Weathertech Mud Flaps Leaving Soon."
I think a Weathertech rep should come read this thread, then go chew out the design team and put a new one on the job. There are individuals on this board from the USA to China who are doing better design work with, gas station mud flaps, 3D printers and cardboard.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think a Weathertech rep should come read this thread, then go chew out the design team and put a new one on the job. There are individuals on this board from the USA to China who are doing better design work with, gas station mud flaps, 3D printers and cardboard.
I actually gave Weathertech the link to this thread, encouraging to read it. And take our feedback into consideration. Response: Thank you we always take our Customers feedback seriously.

Uh-huh.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered… scrolled… cancelled 🤣

I got a couple cheap pairs on the way from Amazon anyway. I’ll make those work for the time being.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered some just for the heck of it. I'll withhold final judgment until I see them on my WT with tube steps. If they look like crap, I'll ditch them. At least there's no drilling involved.

I'll post pics for those interested.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered some just for the heck of it. I'll withhold final judgment until I see them on my WT with tube steps. If they look like crap, I'll ditch them. At least there's no drilling involved.

Thanks. Pretty is as pretty does. Not worried about looks so much as function. a pic of what happens with the gap after driving through mud would be great!!!

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I doubt Weathertech even makes them themselves. Wouldn't surprise me if they were contracted out. Weathertech and Husky both do that.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would have given them a chance but when I saw the massive gap between where the flap stops and the flare starts... What's the point of putting these on? there will be a ton of junk that gets through that wide open window.

however, I'm curious to see how they look with tube steps. Please post photos when you get them installed

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is the solution to flip the OEM steps??(Driver > Passenger Passenger > Driver) I measured and it should create the space needed to install front flaps. May experiment this weekend unless someone knows it doesn't solve problem for some reason.
I just re-positioned my side step yesterday! It's so easy! Search for user "Skip," who posted pics! All you need is a 9mm drill bit (9 bucks) and a rivet nut tool (37 bucks) and a little elbow grease. I moved my steps back a little over 2 inches back, which leaves plenty of room for my front Ford OEM mud flaps! Remove the side step's six mounting screws, push the side steps back, with a marker, mark the mounting holes from the mounting bracket to the bottom of the side steps. Then drill the six holes, and with the rivet nut tool, insert and set the rivet nuts to the bottom of the side steps (first time ever using this tool...and it went well). Repeat for the other side. The only thing that bothers me a little bit is that the rear end of the side step is close to the rear tire (1.75 inches)! I will try to post pics later...I have to go out and snow blow the drive....a bunch of snow fell yesterday! The photo attached was before I moved the side step back!

Bronco Wheel Well 3.jpg

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just cant understand why we cant get a flap that is made like the non-Sasquatch flare but extended out to the edge of the Sasquatch flare. The inner/flat portion of the flap could be molded to accommodate a tube step/RR (like weather tech has done) but the outer edge of the flap like this:

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website E7909371-7386-4418-95FA-C87E41673A07

It can mount the same way as the non-sasquatch flap but adjust where the clips connect to the flare.... Seems like a simple solution.

or make one for non-tube/RR but with Sasquatch and have people move their steps back or trim their RR's. Then Ford could shorten the tube steps and RR's to keep them out of the wheel arches for future.

Last edited:

Tinman

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F -150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are pics of the Weathertech mudflaps...for the WildTrak with tube steps. Pic shows rails, tho. I ordered a set. Not sure if i will like them.

image002.png
image001.png
It sure looks like they are on wrong. The top in the picture looks like it belongs on the right side. looks like it's molded for the fender flare there. Looks like they are on sideways.
Sponsored

Last edited: