ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like that they took into account the ability to remove the flares. It would make it much easier to remove them and clean out mud/dirt that might get trapped between the body and the flares. Wish they would have contoured it up more, but with all the different pacakges, aftermarket flares, etc, I think they made a more true universal design if you decide to change things up.
Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No it doesn’t look great but functional. My box was missing hardware so I can only do one.
16C0EEE9-FF5D-48A1-9AD3-330CFEABE1BC.jpeg
Thanks. Actually looks pretty good on your Bronco. I think I will just get the fronts flaps for now.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems to me that a relatively simple piece could be designed, molded or 3D printed and then clipped to the flare itself to fill in the gap. It would remove still attached to the flare when the flares are removed.
Seems to most of us here WeatherTech should do this, not the end user. But you make a god point.

feeble

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1977 Cobra II Monroe Handler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems to most of us here WeatherTech should do this, not the end user.

I agree. This idea also lets WeatherTech preserve their existing tooling investment.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all,

Promised pics ahead...

Ordered the Weathertech front and rear mudflaps Thursday evening and received them today (Saturday). I only live about 45 minutes from their Bolingbrook HQ so it was a pretty quick turnaround.

TL;DR: These look better in person than I expected.

Installation: This was pretty easy for both front and rear. The biggest challenge was that it's a pretty tight space in both locations, but as long as you have the right tools it's a piece of cake.

Speaking of tools, the instructions were straightforward and easy to follow, although they tell you you need a socket wrench (for front and rear) and a Phillips head screwdriver for the front, but they don't tell you what sizes of sockets. I'm here for you though, fam: you'll need an 8 mm for the front hex screws and a 10 mm for the rear hex screws. You'll also need a 15 mm for the two rear bolts. Oh, and you'll definitely need an extension for the rear two bolts (I used a 3/8").

In all, installation took about 45 minutes total for both sets. Once I got one side on, the other side went quicker because it was just the same thing in reverse. I found the passenger's side easier because I'm right-handed, so it made it easier with the tools. Oh, and it was 20 degrees out and I was wearing gloves, which may have slowed me down a bit. :)

It was nice to have a no-drill installation. You will end up replacing some of the original parts, so I recommend you save those if you think you might want to remove these later. Specifically, you'll replace four original fender liner screws on each side in the front, and you'll also remove three hex screws and the little plastic trim piece by the fender in the rear. These are now safely in a ziplock bag in my garage if I ever need them.

Fitment: No complaints here. They are well-engineered (as far as fit is concerned) and there were no issues at all fitting them on the Bronco. Also, you can tell that these things were really made with the tube steps in mind. The indent fits well around the end of the steps. Also, it's a very solid connection once mounted.

Looks: I know this is the most controversial area. Honestly, the gap is certainly there, but it's not as bad in person as it looks in pictures. And with the tube steps, I think this is actually not a bad look. I was honestly more on the fence about the rear flaps, since I thought it would really mess up the rear profile view since the flaps partially obscure the badass SAS tires. It does change the look, but I kind of like it. I think it gives the Bronco a wider, more aggressive stance. Anyway, let me know what you think. Again, I believe both the front and rear look better in person than they do in the pics... somehow it's just like that elusive Cactus Gray color—pictures just don't do it justice. :)

Functionality: We'll see how it is long term, but I went down the street where there was a short stretch of snow slush left. I put it in 4WD and gunned so I could get all four wheels spinning. Results? I didn't see any spray on the body. It was about to get dark so this was just a quick test, but I'm heading up to Wisconsin to do some snowboarding tomorrow so we'll see how it fares on a longer road test.

So anyway, pics...

IMG_1640.jpeg

Boxed front and rear flaps

IMG_1643.jpeg

Both sets of mudflaps (rear at top, front at bottom)

IMG_1646.jpeg

Pre-installation. You'll want to turn your tire all the way to the right to provide clearance for driver's side installation and the opposite for the passenger side.

IMG_1649.jpeg

Rear wheel, pre-installation. You'll be removing that little plastic trim tab attached to the bumper.

IMG_1661.jpeg
IMG_1663.jpeg
IMG_1669.jpeg
IMG_1667.jpeg

Front flap installed

IMG_1670.jpeg

This is the fender liner location where you'll remove the screws. It may have been easier if the liner wasn't frozen, but it was still pretty easy to remove the screws and put the provide U-clips on.

IMG_1672.jpeg

Rear flap installed. If anything, this was even easier than the front.

IMG_1673.jpeg

IMG_1674.jpeg
IMG_1675.jpeg

IMG_1678.jpeg

IMG_1680.jpeg

Well, that's it. Hope this was useful. Let me know what you think.

I'll check back in once I put them through their paces for a week or so.

I can tell you that all the snow slush and salt all up the side of my doors was beginning to be a major PITA, so if this helps solve that problem, I can definitely say it was $80 well spent.
They look better than I thought they would. Thank you for this post. Are they "solid" as far as solid to the vehicle? Was that $80.00 for all 4? Thanks again

Sponsored

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They look better than I thought they would. Thank you for this post. Are they "solid" as far as solid to the vehicle? Was that $80.00 for all 4? Thanks again
Yep, they seem very solidly attached. And, yes, $80 ($79.90) for all four. They're $39.95/pair if you just want to purchase the front/rear sets separately.

Allfun

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep, they seem very solidly attached. And, yes, $80 ($79.90) for all four. They're $39.95/pair if you just want to purchase the front/rear sets separately.
I tried installing the front flaps today and ran into a couple issues. Do you have any tips on installing the push in plastic connector that goes in the inside most hole? Having trouble getting the plunger to push in and engage.

The U clips that are installed, which way should they face? Should the side with the protruded spacer face towards the flap or on the inside of the wheel well liner?

Appreciate the help.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried installing the front flaps today and ran into a couple issues. Do you have any tips on installing the push in plastic connector that goes in the inside most hole? Having trouble getting the plunger to push in and engage.

The U clips that are installed, which way should they face? Should the side with the protruded spacer face towards the flap or on the inside of the wheel well liner?

Appreciate the help.
For the push-in connector, it takes a good couple of whacks to get it in. I just used the bottom of my screwdriver to hammer it.

The protrusion on the U-clips should face back (towards the inside of the wheel well liner).

I might have to edit my original post since these are both two things I meant to mention. :)

Allfun

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For the push-in connector, it takes a good couple of whacks to get it in. I just used the bottom of my screwdriver to hammer it.

The protrusion on the U-clips should face back (towards the inside of the wheel well liner).

I might have to edit my original post since these are both two things I meant to mention. :)
Thank you very much!

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you!

Petek70

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 bronco, 76 bronco, 18 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got them installed yesterday (front onlyP) before multi day snow storm came through. Hoping they keep the slush buildup on the rear flare and the door handles cleaner. We will see after a couple days.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all,

Promised pics ahead...

Ordered the Weathertech front and rear mudflaps Thursday evening and received them today (Saturday). I only live about 45 minutes from their Bolingbrook HQ so it was a pretty quick turnaround.

TL;DR: These look better in person than I expected.

Installation: This was pretty easy for both front and rear. The biggest challenge was that it's a pretty tight space in both locations, but as long as you have the right tools it's a piece of cake.

Speaking of tools, the instructions were straightforward and easy to follow, although they tell you you need a socket wrench (for front and rear) and a Phillips head screwdriver for the front, but they don't tell you what sizes of sockets. I'm here for you though, fam: you'll need an 8 mm for the front hex screws and a 10 mm for the rear hex screws. You'll also need a 15 mm for the two rear bolts. Oh, and you'll definitely need an extension for the rear two bolts (I used a 3/8").

In all, installation took about 45 minutes total for both sets. Once I got one side on, the other side went quicker because it was just the same thing in reverse. I found the passenger's side easier because I'm right-handed, so it made it easier with the tools. Oh, and it was 20 degrees out and I was wearing gloves, which may have slowed me down a bit. :)

It was nice to have a no-drill installation. You will end up replacing some of the original parts, so I recommend you save those if you think you might want to remove these later. Specifically, you'll replace four original fender liner screws on each side in the front, and you'll also remove three hex screws and the little plastic trim piece by the fender in the rear. These are now safely in a ziplock bag in my garage if I ever need them.

Fitment: No complaints here. They are well-engineered (as far as fit is concerned) and there were no issues at all fitting them on the Bronco. Also, you can tell that these things were really made with the tube steps in mind. The indent fits well around the end of the steps. Also, it's a very solid connection once mounted.

Looks: I know this is the most controversial area. Honestly, the gap is certainly there, but it's not as bad in person as it looks in pictures. And with the tube steps, I think this is actually not a bad look. I was honestly more on the fence about the rear flaps, since I thought it would really mess up the rear profile view since the flaps partially obscure the badass SAS tires. It does change the look, but I kind of like it. I think it gives the Bronco a wider, more aggressive stance. Anyway, let me know what you think. Again, I believe both the front and rear look better in person than they do in the pics... somehow it's just like that elusive Cactus Gray color—pictures just don't do it justice. :)

Functionality: We'll see how it is long term, but I went down the street where there was a short stretch of snow slush left. I put it in 4WD and gunned so I could get all four wheels spinning. Results? I didn't see any spray on the body. It was about to get dark so this was just a quick test, but I'm heading up to Wisconsin to do some snowboarding tomorrow so we'll see how it fares on a longer road test.

So anyway, pics...

IMG_1640.jpeg

Boxed front and rear flaps

IMG_1643.jpeg

Both sets of mudflaps (rear at top, front at bottom)

IMG_1646.jpeg

Pre-installation. You'll want to turn your tire all the way to the right to provide clearance for driver's side installation and the opposite for the passenger side.

IMG_1649.jpeg

Rear wheel, pre-installation. You'll be removing that little plastic trim tab attached to the bumper.

IMG_1661.jpeg
IMG_1663.jpeg
IMG_1669.jpeg
IMG_1667.jpeg

Front flap installed

IMG_1670.jpeg

This is the fender liner location where you'll remove the screws. It may have been easier if the liner wasn't frozen, but it was still pretty easy to remove the screws and put the provide U-clips on.

IMG_1672.jpeg

Rear flap installed. If anything, this was even easier than the front.

IMG_1673.jpeg

IMG_1674.jpeg
IMG_1675.jpeg

IMG_1678.jpeg

IMG_1680.jpeg

Well, that's it. Hope this was useful. Let me know what you think.

I'll check back in once I put them through their paces for a week or so.

I can tell you that all the snow slush and salt all up the side of my doors was beginning to be a major PITA, so if this helps solve that problem, I can definitely say it was $80 well spent.

[EDIT] Two additional tips I forgot to mention:

- It takes a good couple of whacks to get the plastic push-in connector in the front wheel wells in. I just used the bottom of my screwdriver to hammer it.

- The protrusion on the U-clips should face back (towards the inside of the wheel well liner).
Thank you for the excellent write up.

if I could add cheap set of tools for removing those plastic push pins.
This was the first project I didn’t break a single one.
Crank wheel full right to install left front guard and opposite for the other side.
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website 1645555726838

Space heater makes working in cold garage bearable.
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website 1645556194504

Headlamp looks geeky but helps immensely.
An awl or ice pick to punch hole through felt fender liner.
8mm deep socket for the front flaps.
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website 1645556563237

On the rear screws I used some thread locker. The winglet screws ream out the plastic bumper and my luck one would drop out as I was backing into my garage.
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website 1645556863443

The gap on the front is still notable but I’m hoping I’ll get used to it like I got used to the gloss black grill and mirror caps.
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website 1645557073217

Are they perfect? Hopefully they will eliminate the winter process of sweeping slush/crud off the rear flares before allowing rear seat passengers to get out.
Plus the road in front of my house is scheduled to be chip sealed this summer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipseal

Last edited:

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for the excellent write up.

if I could add cheap set of tools for removing those plastic push pins.
This was the first project I didn’t break a single one.
Crank wheel full right to install left front guard and opposite for the other side.

Space heater makes working in cold garage bearable.

Headlamp looks geeky but helps immensely.
An awl or ice pick to punch hole through felt fender liner.
8mm deep socket for the front flaps.

On the rear screws I used some thread locker. The winglet screws ream out the plastic bumper and my luck one would drop out as I was backing into my garage.

The gap on the front is still notable but I’m hoping I’ll get used to it like I got used to the gloss black grill and mirror caps.

Are they perfect? Hopefully they will eliminate the winter process of sweeping slush/crud off the rear flares before allowing rear seat passengers to get out.
Plus the road in front of my house is scheduled to be chip sealed this summer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipseal
Nice! Good pics and write-up. I wish I'd had that heater when I was installing. That may be one of my next purchases!

Did you find that you needed to poke through the felt liner? I didn't have to do that with mine.
Sponsored

Reactions: Cat