Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for this post. The directions suck and the push pins aren’t even mentioned. This post saved time.

They aren’t that bad looking in person, especially for $40 plus shipping.

AE827EDF-408B-48C4-973D-18E155390B18.jpeg
1142C67D-BCCC-4521-8841-1A285A157F2F.jpeg
2FBD974B-352C-4E90-AF92-44E62E59D371.jpeg
6AAD1506-1380-4668-A983-8EF01475020F.jpeg
I like them and the price too. So did you check the box for non-WildTrak and yes on the 315 Tires? I am just going to order a front set once I figure which ones to order.
Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the Weathertech front mudflaps today. For $40 dollars they the look fine. Pretty easy install and we’ll see how they hold up. Headed to Tallulah River Campgrounds this week for some trout fishing and may do some SM500 river crossings and roads since I’m right there.

They just kind of wash away on the white and black so all good.

@stormshadow3800 I only had to remove 4 screws because there was nothing in the bottom hole/flap of either fenderwell. I just screwed through the liner. I bet Weathertech test vehicles may have been different as well.

1CB2DBFC-47D0-472F-82D2-9234737DE7F1.jpeg

A4B91B51-153C-4389-B3CC-AB7210605FAF.jpeg

FBB69B07-650E-44DF-8453-77D4E5D54056.jpeg

121619AD-D7D0-4423-AB9E-2E3B6E00E66D.jpeg
Which WeatherTech mud flaps did you order, PN# 11040 (315 tires) or PN# 11040-120140 (WildTrak). Teh designations are what WeatherTech has on their website. I call there customer support but did not get a good answer from them. I am going to install these on a 2022 Badlands with Sasquatch.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the answer as to which ones to order based on the post above by @mikec426! Thanks all.

honkerman

Wildtrak
First Name
BRIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silveraydo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From Weathertechtoday (2/18):

"Good morning, Cat-

Thank you for your patience!
I contacted our Engineering department to provide you with some additional information.

Each WeatherTech MudFlap is individually designed to create the best MudFlap available.
Ease of installation, vehicle protection, and aesthetics are constant influences in this. Usually pushing back at each other.

Part 110140, the Ford Bronco front Mudflaps, were challenging and required special considerations.

- Ease of installation and removal if desired - The traditional J-shaped design was deviated from the basis that a drilled upper connection point would be required.
-Quick release fenders would also need MudFlap separation if desired. The On/off removability would be more difficult and leave a permanent attachment hole.
- Without a secure attachment, the molded plastic coming up following the lines of the fender would create a vibration point. The material would eventually be rubbed away.
-The traditional J-shaped design would also create a pocket for rocks and debris to accumulate inside the fender.

[First 3 pics, below]

Vehicle protection was considered with the gap created. The centerline of the tire in relation to the gap would be below. Debris would be unlikely to travel through the trajectory and reach the door panels. Nylon u-clips versus steel u-clips were also supplied to avoid galvanic corrosion.

[Second set of 3 pics]

Aesthetics were considered with our traditional bulbous MudFlap design. However, with requirements to avoid the rock rails, tube step, and large 35” wheels, design
modifications to the traditional MudFlap needed to be implemented. The bulbous design on the outer half was left, to create strength on the extension outer part.

[Last 3 pics]

I hope this helps!
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. We’re happy to help.
Best Regards,"
image003.png
image004.png
image005.jpg
image006.jpg
image007.jpg
image008.jpg
image009.png
image010.jpg
image011.jpg
Terrible design..so I still wait

honkerman

Wildtrak
First Name
BRIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silveraydo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's not rocket science AND the yellow added section is above the max tire diameter so not really sure how WT claims their design needed the gap for proper functionality

WeatherTech Ver 2.0.jpg
Exactly.. What a waste of a good product.. These are not the fix I'm looking for, and it seems like it shouldn't be that big of a deal to build one that works correctly but apparently it is

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if anyone will ever make a proper front and rear mud flap for the wider flares.

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reactions: Cat

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly.. What a waste of a good product.. These are not the fix I'm looking for, and it seems like it shouldn't be that big of a deal to build one that works correctly but apparently it is
They work correctly, are hundreds of dollars cheaper than the overpriced competitors, and i don't even notice they are there unless i am washing the vehicle. And last but not least, no more stones. Winning! :cool:

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They work correctly, are hundreds of dollars cheaper than the overpriced competitors, and i don't even notice they are there unless i am washing the vehicle. And last but not least, no more stones. Winning! :cool:
Exactly. I chimed in on not liking the look of the fronts from the initial release pics. I think everyone did. But now I’ve seen them in real life and for $40 a pair, no drill, color-matching the fender flares, and stopping rock chips, and custom made for Bronco SAS with side step or rails, they are by far the leader. If and when something better comes along, they were only $40!

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone happen to have the install instructions handy and wouldn’t mind posting a pic or dm’n them to me? Mine shipped as what appears to have been a return less the instructions and hardware. They sent me out what they believe is the hardware but can’t seem to get me a copy of the instructions. Given what the sent me as hardware is a total of 4 screws, 4 clips and 1 pushpin, I’m thinking I’m missing stuff since I’ve got 5 holes per flaps to fill.
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone happen to have the install instructions handy and wouldn’t mind posting a pic or dm’n them to me? Mine shipped as what appears to have been a return less the instructions and hardware. They sent me out what they believe is the hardware but can’t seem to get me a copy of the instructions. Given what the sent me as hardware is a total of 4 screws, 4 clips and 1 pushpin, I’m thinking I’m missing stuff since I’ve got 5 holes per flaps to fill.
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image
4 screws and clips per side, and 1 push pin per side that goes into the inner most hole(i believe). Someone post a photo of it that i am trying to find.
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website PXL_20220430_153419097.MP
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website PXL_20220430_153409183.MP

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not trying to insult anyone, but I’m not willing to have inexpensive if it looks homemade, half baked and like it’s not even made for the Bronco. I would rather pay more for something that gets the job done and doesn’t make me self conscious every time I’m rolling down the road. I’m not willing to pay stupid money, but yeah, I’m going to keep looking.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not trying to insult anyone, but I’m not willing to have inexpensive if it looks homemade, half baked and like it’s not even made for the Bronco. I would rather pay more for something that gets the job done and doesn’t make me self conscious every time I’m rolling down the road. I’m not willing to pay stupid money, but yeah, I’m going to keep looking.
I really don't like the look of mud flaps so my PPF install is scheduled and I'll replace the PPF on the doors every few years or as needed. I may go with the tougher 14 mil PPF on the doors rather than the 8 mil product.

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 screws and clips per side, and 1 push pin per side that goes into the inner most hole(i believe). Someone post a photo of it that i am trying to find.
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website PXL_20220430_153409183.MP
You are awesome, thank you! I guess I have enough hardware for one flap today!

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup...i love mine! They work awesome.
Sponsored