Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, and if you have a manual, the Granny gear (Crawl) becomes a Great Granny Gear, 1st to Crawl, 2nd to 1st, etc, etc. The plus side is you could scale a vertical wall if you get the tires to stick and keep from tipping over. I too was considering these but think the 35% reduction may be a bit much. Will have to think it over some more and see what 74Weld has to offer in ways of price and specs.
74Weld's will be impressive no doubt. They are saying it will be a 22% gear reduction which is much better than Werewolf's 35% but I still think that is too aggressive for the Sasquatch 4.7 drive ratio. I would personally prefer an option with 5-10% reduction for what my intended use case would be. If I'm not mistaken the highest factory gear ratio you can get with a Jeep is 4.10. A 22% gear reduction (which is the current gear reduction of 74Weld's Jeep portals) puts that at a 5 which I think is perfect. Again this is for my use case which is putting on 37's and still daily driving the vehicle.
Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, and if you have a manual, the Granny gear (Crawl) becomes a Great Granny Gear, 1st to Crawl, 2nd to 1st, etc, etc. The plus side is you could scale a vertical wall if you get the tires to stick and keep from tipping over. I too was considering these but think the 35% reduction may be a bit much. Will have to think it over some more and see what 74Weld has to offer in ways of price and specs.
I had a back-and-forth with one of the owners of 74Weld regarding the Bronco setup. He said the specs will be extremely close to what they're offering for the Jeeps right now. Pricing I imagine would be very close as well.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

74Weld has a 22% reduction on their Jeep portals. 43" tire is much more reasonable ;)
Sponsored