T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt the boots will fit since the aluminum rod is much larger diameter than factory steel rod. It also seems like you would have to remove the boot to do the toe alignment?

The guy that was breaking tie rods and steering racks also quickly bent the RPG joint (40" tires).
Ford Bronco Another tie rod option released 1644032895883

I am not a huge fan of this $398 alternative, but at least you wouldn't have to deal with the boot issues.

Order now. They are hard to get. Maybe 3 months backorder.
Where can I order from? And where do you get the exploded parts diagram? Having trouble finding this on Ford parts site. Thanks!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the only reason to change diff covers is to get one with a drain bolt. In that you can drain the gear fluid without removing the entire cover. The OEM cover does not have a drain bolt. I ran this on my GEN2 Raptor. It has a drain bolt with a magnet and also will take 1 extra quart of gear oil:

Ford Bronco Another tie rod option released 1644610468904

Off topic... Rpg has diff covers.. What is the frigging point of a diff cover? Besides spending money to look different? More capacity?

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the only reason to change diff covers is to get one with a drain bolt. In that you can drain the gear fluid without removing the entire cover. The OEM cover does not have a drain bolt. I ran this on my GEN2 Raptor. It has a drain bolt with a magnet and also will take 1 extra quart of gear oil:

I can respect that.. No more taking the whole thing off. But you won't be able to see the case and inspect right?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure what you mean >> But you won't be able to see the case and inspect right?

I can respect that.. No more taking the whole thing off. But you won't be able to see the case and inspect right?

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure what you mean >> But you won't be able to see the case and inspect right?
Well when you change the stock you drop the pan after draining that's how I found out my jku rear end had a ton of broken teeth. (Still in warranty) this new cover midigate dropping the case.. So you would need a magnetic drain plug to see?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I see what you are saying. Drain the gear oil via the drain plug and if you see metal attached to the drain plug magnet then you know you have issues.

At this point, then yes you need to remove the cover to see how much damage you have.

Well when you change the stock you drop the pan after draining that's how I found out my jku rear end had a ton of broken teeth. (Still in warranty) this new cover midigate dropping the case.. So you would need a magnetic drain plug to see?

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a Gale Banks fan but he has some thoughts about why a diff cover is formed they way it is that makes more sense than just for filling.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have seen his videos .. all his videos are geared towards one purpose which is to sell his products.

I'm not a Gale Banks fan but he has some thoughts about why a diff cover is formed they way it is that makes more sense than just for filling.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't order from here, but here is an example for factory part. Part number is MB3Z3280A for inner rod and boot. Note that the picture/description is messed up on many sites.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/a/Ford__/103421017__9424723/Steering-gear--linkage/ML21380.html
Tanks for the part number! I just ordered two and will put them with my tools, for the unlikely event that I do happen to snap one. Most likely I'll pas them on with the Bronco years from now, but seems cheap insurance. Way cheaper than these other options, I'm not even sure that clamp around thing would do all that much, not gonna give it a try either. And the other option is just a silly price for something I can buy stock for $60. But I also don't plan to barrel through the desert as if a Sasquatch is chasing me. I'm no longer young enough to know everything, so going a bit slower ;-)

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen his videos .. all his videos are geared towards one purpose which is to sell his products.
Like I said I'm not a fan. That being said fluid dynamics are a thing as I learned while in the military studying rocket propulsion theory. Upgrading a diff cover to just increase fluid capacity does little if it isn't properly designed. Banks knows this and they design around function over aesthetics.

Make use of it as you will.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs