Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Had no clue these are out in the wild, I will keep an eye out. Your claims are only valid with videos, lol.
Well if I can get my hands on a set. Rest assured videos will abound;)
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Carli system is indeed interesting. Oof! at 1395.00 I hope that system does not come anywhere close to breaking!

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's proven now! I just got back from 1,000 miles over 4-days through every type of terrain Baja has to offer. I drove this thing to it's limit... Mud/ruts, sand, Forrest/Mountains, desert, etc.

After the trip, the only casualty was the driver's side factory CV axle. I'll be posting more on our social media about the trip, but the steering is perfect.

The design is a damped uniball. We use FK's teflon-lined uniballs on many of our spherical joint application as they've always been amazing. Adding our high-durometer urethane drastically extends the life of the uniballs as it pertains to wear but, time will tell if corrosion will be a factor. We've not had any issues yet!
just curious what exact suspension/lift you ran through Baja?

Sponsored

Carli-Dan

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
just curious what exact suspension/lift you ran through Baja?
Check every box on THIS link.

We run our spec King shocks (Carli-SPEC reservoir mounting, Carli linear pistons and valving), Upper Control Arms, Steering (tie-rod system), Torsion Sway Bar, Rear Control Arms, Rear Control Arm Guard, Rear Shock Mount Skid, Rear Track Bar, Rock Sliders, and Front + Rear Carli Bumpers.

Ford Bronco Another Tie Rod (Dorman) Enters the Chat IMG_3862

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Carli system is indeed interesting. Oof! at 1395.00 I hope that system does not come anywhere close to breaking!

I would rather spend 1395 with Carli instead of 1395 with Broncbuster. ;)

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would rather spend 1395 with Carli instead of 1395 with Broncbuster. ;)
Never really looked at his gear, what does he have or selling that is 1395?

I am sure that the Carli may be a great system, just saying 1395 for tie-rods seems a bit steep.
Meh, I do not live in an area to rock crawl or do high-speed desert running. We have mud and plenty of it here in S. FL.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never really looked at his gear, what does he have or selling that is 1395?

I am sure that the Carli may be a great system, just saying 1395 for tie-rods seems a bit steep.
Meh, I do not live in an area to rock crawl or do high-speed desert running. We have mud and plenty of it here in S. FL.
My post was more of just a general statement. Not a BB fan.

I will say this Carli fixed the issue properly. basically started with a clean sheet of paper.

Broncbuster is more of a "bandaid" parts to buy.

https://broncbustertx.com/products/ultimate-steering-upgrade-package

Ford Bronco Another Tie Rod (Dorman) Enters the Chat 1706132253932

That package I listed is 1729. The bushings will do you some good but the tie rod braces and housing are more of a bandaid than a real fix to the issue.

Last edited:

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Correct, when you lift the tie rod is at a steeper angle putting upward force on the steering rack, that’s how they crack unlike with stock suspension geometry the tie rods put the force straight in putting less force on the housing, the offset helps level upward force back to stock, as stated up to 1.5” lifts, it will help some of you lift above that but not completely depending on how high you go.

The offset limits the stress to the housing and bushings.

Sponsored

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct, when you lift the tie rod is at a steeper angle putting upward force on the steering rack, that’s how they crack unlike with stock suspension geometry the tie rods put the force straight in putting less force on the housing, the offset helps level upward force back to stock, as stated up to 1.5” lifts, it will help some of you lift above that but not completely depending on how high you go.
the offset does NOT change the loading and has no effect whatsoever. The overall geometry and boundary conditions from the end pivot points drives the loading and response. As long as the link is rigid (doesn’t fail) then it’s shape is completely irrelevant.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

the offset does NOT change the loading and has no effect whatsoever. The overall geometry and boundary conditions from the end pivot points drives the loading and response. As long as the link is rigid (doesn’t fail) then it’s shape is completely irrelevant.
Yea... not going to argue that with him... Most people seem to think the force is applied along the axis of the rod as opposed to direct line between the points (no matter the shape in between)... That is why it is marketing ingenuity....
Sponsored