Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been using the RPG and they are pretty stout, I did put the bronc buster kit on it as well and will put new steering rack if it fails but figured I would use this until it breaks or at least has more wear on it. Here are a few pics of the suspension kit.

Front Suspension.jpg

Rear Suspension.jpg

Rear.jpg

Baja Boss AT 2.jpg
That RPG gear looks nice but it is in a very different price category than the Dorman tie rods.
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have been using the RPG and they are pretty stout, I did put the bronc buster kit on it as well and will put new steering rack if it fails but figured I would use this until it breaks or at least has more wear on it. Here are a few pics of the suspension kit.

Front Suspension.jpg

Rear Suspension.jpg

Rear.jpg

Baja Boss AT 2.jpg
I have the same tie rods shipping to me now. How do you like the rear arms. It appears you have both the upper and the lower along with the pan hard. I am assuming, correct me if I am wrong, that you had them installed at the same time you had the kings installed.

Would make it difficult to identify the differential they might offer separate from the Kings.

If you did do them at different times I would be curious if you could identify any flexure difference and how dramatic (or lack there of) the difference was.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a sciency question for ya. Would this offset design help at all with bumpsteer from lifting or no in your opinion?
I'll back up @5GENIDN on this one. It's all about the pivot points. It can look like a curly straw between those two points. I see a lot of people struggle with this concept with draglinks and trackbars on solid axles.

That RPG gear looks nice but it is in a very different price category than the Dorman tie rods.
Also IMO heims have no place on a street Bronco, leave them for the toys.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes they are and absolutely demand an upgrade to the rack.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'll back up @5GENIDN on this one. It's all about the pivot points. It can look like a curly straw between those two points. I see a lot of people struggle with this concept with draglinks and trackbars on solid axles.

Also IMO heims have no place on a street Bronco, leave them for the toys.
I guess you can consider mine a toy.... Which to be honest... It really is.

It is also the only option I could go with to get the double shear mount at the knuckle. Not exceptionally happy because THESE WILL create more bump steer. The upper pivot moves out about an inch.... We will see how long they stay on my rig... but I am going to try them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very interested... these with rack bushings seem like a great upgrade for those of us who are not going wild on 37s+.

I am curious about bump steer and toe though.

The worry about the bend being a weak point does not factor in my mind, it is 5* and they significantly beefed up the thickness.

I think the bend will increase the life of the boots and ball joint.

Shortening the inner is interesting. The threads are the weak point and they alleviated that.

Last edited:

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess you can consider mine a toy.... Which to be honest... It really is.

It is also the only option I could go with to get the double shear mount at the knuckle. Not exceptionally happy because THESE WILL create more bump steer. The upper pivot moves out about an inch.... We will see how long they stay on my rig... but I am going to try them.
How are they getting double shear at the knuckle? I don't see that option on their site. Do they have a new knuckle?

GChelini

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same tie rods shipping to me now. How do you like the rear arms. It appears you have both the upper and the lower along with the pan hard. I am assuming, correct me if I am wrong, that you had them installed at the same time you had the kings installed.

Would make it difficult to identify the differential they might offer separate from the Kings.

If you did do them at different times I would be curious if you could identify any flexure difference and how dramatic (or lack there of) the difference was.
All was installed at same time. Yes it has upper and lower trailing arms. the ride is awesome. I had installed before I even picked it up so hard to compare to anything else. I only drove one time without it. My buddy has comparable Icon that is nice as well.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So Dorman just announced their tie rods for the Bronco. Looks like they used some science on their design. Of course, I’m curious how well it will translate into the real world. Figured I’d post them here to see what y’all think:

The offset seems to be the big selling point, that five degrees of offset to counter up to 1.5” of lift for proper steering geometry. Curious how that will work in real life. On paper to a simpleton like me it makes sense but I’m noscientist.

Moving the connection back closer to the rack to reduce stress on the “fuse” point as well by shortening the inner and lengthening the outer seems pretty sciency.

A larger, serviceable ball joint is also a nice touch and I’m curious on the quality of their balls…

Of course, overall strength through thickness also happened.

Im not trying to start a discussion on “you’ll break your rack kid!” Im very aware of the need to brace your rack. In fact, go watch my series on it lol;) shameless plug.

Anyways, comment away!

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-144970-ta87445rd.aspx?origin=homebanner

A0AF31AC-D41A-4263-B859-605F65FE2682.png

FC357DD6-4B44-46F8-A557-DBAD97D805D8.png

AE00FC27-D6B0-4C8D-99EB-599CD3CF286C.png
i use bronco busters
easy install look great
i only mud and trail no rock crawling so no steering rack concerns

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How are they getting double shear at the knuckle? I don't see that option on their site. Do they have a new knuckle?
Because 74 weld knuckles are adding in the upper flange as an option...

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I did a quick mock up with some Icon Tie rods. The biggest issue currently with aftermarket tie rods is the failure of the inner socket ball. The built in offset does more harm than good at the weakest point. Just want to make sure people don't see the "designed for 1.5" of lift" and go ohh I need those for my lifted Bronco.

I plan to see how these actually stack up to Icon and Hoss 3.0 since I am the designated steering guinea pig
Ford Bronco Another Tie Rod (Dorman) Enters the Chat 1705091439527

Ford Bronco Another Tie Rod (Dorman) Enters the Chat 1705091101109

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I did a quick mock up with some Icon Tie rods. The biggest issue currently with aftermarket tie rods is the failure of the inner socket ball. The built in offset does more harm than good at the weakest point. Just want to make sure people don't see the "designed for 1.5" of lift" and go ohh I need those for my lifted Bronco.

I plan to see how these actually stack up to Icon and Hoss 3.0 since I am the designated steering guinea pig

You’ll also the designated “watch me pass popo and get stuck” person

;)

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not sure I agree that location is the weakest point... I will agree that it has the smallest diameter. But that does not make it the weakest point.... and that is really a misnomer.... I guess what I am saying is that it will have less stress upon it because the distance to support is shorter. (the bending force is multiplied by the distance) But even more importantly it appears to be an entirely different material. I do not know what the strength of that material is compaired to the other materials used.

Anecdotally is this where most tie rods fail? I thought it was typically somewhere in the threads. Usually in a thread the furthest away from the support.... right where the two pieces come together (but on the thread side). Maybe I am wrong.

I applaud you for trying these out! I am going to guess they actually are a step up in strength. But I do not know. To me the design suggests that they will be but a lot of that strength will depend on the materials and I have no clue as to what they are using.
Sponsored