First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really really want a manual, but it's not a deal breaker. An official announcement of offering a manual will get me way more excited than I am now though.
The deal breaker for me is how serious they are taking the competition in the Wrangler. I expect a lot more than the typical fx4 package that the ranger offers. Lockers all around, 35 inch tires, huge ground clearance. Things like that. If it's underwhelming, I'm out...
Sponsored

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MUST HAVE.....

1. Automatic
1a. at least a LS rear diff.
2. 2.7L V6
3. hardtop, insulated to keep noise down
4. 3 to 4" wider interior than the Wrangler
5. good snow and highway manners
6. nice stereo system
7. hey.....I got old
7a. helmet donned
7b. I'm in the ring, hold my beer.....throw chairs ?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Deal breaker no low range available, no skid plates and rock rails, and no lockable rear diff. Other possible deal breakers are turbo charged engines depending on the area under the tq curve and what octane the turbo will run on. I prefer a normally aspairated engine that will run on 87 RON.

Dave Apker
You and I may be the only ones left (other than the V-8) guys that want a naturally aspirated engine. A mid size NA V-6 works for me, but I think I'll need to accept an EcoBoost as a fact.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You and I may be the only ones left (other than the V-8) guys that want a naturally aspirated engine. A mid size NA V-6 works for me, but I think I'll need to accept an EcoBoost as a fact.
I would prefer a naturally aspirated engine for the sheer sake of simplicity, even if it's the 3.3L V-6 that serves as the base engine in the F-150.

It's just not a deal breaker for me.

Sponsored

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add me to the list, frankly I'm surprised they didn't make the 3.3 the base engine.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The
A manual gearbox would be the ultimate dealbreaker. I've driven manuals my entire life and shifting manually is so boring and annoying. Little girls, men and the elderly drive manuals(over here) so it is not like it makes you special, competent or anything either. Ford should just skip making a manual alltogether.
Main problem with automatics is that since i dont like to get rid of cars and i will be keeping this bronco for a lifetime, eventually that auto will start leaking and overheating and making me regret not getting a manual. I dont care if an auto tows more or is faster one day it will leak from a line or a seal. I know what that stuff tastes like and I hate it. My 96 Bronco currently need all new lines. As had atleast 6 previous vehicles of various make. Its the fluid there is just too much of it. And it wants to get out.

As far as dealbreakers i think the rear cargo area or lack there of has ruled out the 2 door for me. So the only dealbreaker on the 4 door is going to be if i find that its a pain in the butt to work on after i spend about 45 min under it at the dealership.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From what I've seen so far there is absolutely no deal breaker for me. I always wanted to own a brand new Bronco since I was a teenager. So it's on my bucket list of must own vehicles. Worst case scenario for me is I beat the living crap out of it for a year or two while it's under factory warranty, then trade it in on another brand 4 x 4.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would prefer a naturally aspirated engine for the sheer sake of simplicity, even if it's the 3.3L V-6 that serves as the base engine in the F-150.

It's just not a deal breaker for me.
Yup, it just seems like there are too many moving parts on an EcoBoost, but I guess they have proven reliable.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I will not be trekking to escape the Zombie Apocalypse, I don't need ten shades of gray. Please, the Bronco is a fun, adventuresome vehicle, we need some bright, cheery, vivid colors like F-150 Velocity Blue or other similar blues, Antimatter Blue Metallic, being it is almost black does not cut it.
Funny how EVERYBODY has bitched about the colors that were "leaked", even calling it a fake leak.
I'm with you on the velocity blue color.

4 cylinder only is a deal breaker for me
LOL, i totally used to think that way, but short of my trucks, the last several cars have been 4 bangers, and I've been quite happy. The gearing magic Subaru can pull off is quite impressive actually. The times I wish for more power are very few and far between anymore....the car does what I ask of it. Of course the other Subaru (turbo) is impressive in it's own right

.... and what octane the turbo will run on.
I prefer a normally aspairated engine that will run on 87 RON.

Dave Apker
Nice catch on the fuel. The days of premium being only .20 more a gallon are long gone, more like +.60 or more these days. I don't expect an offroader to be fuel efficent, so that will only aggrevate the problem more. Even diesel has lost it's price advantage.

From what I've seen so far there is absolutely no deal breaker for me. I always wanted to own a brand new Bronco since I was a teenager. So it's on my bucket list of must own vehicles. Worst case scenario for me is I beat the living crap out of it for a year or two while it's under factory warranty, then trade it in on another brand 4 x 4.
Right? It's like a lot of these guys are really just looking for (many many) reasons to NOT buy, They're just kickin' tires and want an out so they can back out on whatever previous statements they may have made about how ready they are to buy.

I can only second your first statement, "From what I have seen so far there is absolutely no reason for me to back out."
Prior to the leaks, I would have bailed out if it was just another rebadged Escape .... or worse yet, what happened to the Blazer. As it is now, I need to find a way to acquire both a Bronco and a Tremor or regular F250 with a 7.3L.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After seeing the pics of the black 4 door, I felt like there was hope.
Sponsored

Last edited: