Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fast, Reliable CO2.

2dr Bronco Mount (Driver side only):
Ford Bronco What Air Compressor do you use? CHA03418_d983d1dc-46c5-4d36-9b51-bd5062b96e56

4dr Bronco Mount (Driver or Passenger side):
Ford Bronco What Air Compressor do you use? 085A5957y (Large)

Benefits over an air compressor:

Fast - compare 45 cfm (cubic feet per minute) of a HP250 Power Tank regulator vs 6.5-10.6 cfm of the fastest compressors. We routinely see sub-five minute air ups after a trail. This is from the time your butt leaves the driver seat to the time you restart the engine to go home. Less time at the trailhead means more time on the trail.

Powerful - the same high volume and constant flow of CO2 allows you to reseat tires faster and more safely than any other method. We've reseated a 46" tire on the trail. You can also run air tools and while electric has certainly caught up in most situations, for really tough jobs, nothing beats being able to turn up the regulator and hitting stubborn fasteners with an air impact.

Reliable - there are no mechanical parts to wear out and no electrical parts to fry. We regularly hear from long time customers that have been using their Power Tank for over 20 years. It's the only air system backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

Portable - because there are no electrical connections to hook up or plumbing to install, you can easily remove your Power Tank and walk it up the trail to reseat a popped bead on someone else's rig or bring it in the home to run an air nailer or blow out sprinkler lines. This also means you can buy one Power Tank and move it between vehicles.

Economical - all Power Tank packages come complete as ready to run kits so keep that in mind when comparing prices. We've been wheeling since 96. If we were running compressors, we likely would have had to buy at least 3-4 replacements over that time vs a single Power Tank.

Rebuildable - because of the higher pressures and flow rates of a Power Tank, we must build every component of a Power Tank to a higher spec ourselves, including accessories like our Tire Inflator Gauges. That means it's trivial to repair or upgrade over time. Want to upgrade your gauge from analog to digital? No problem. Want to trade in your regulator? We have a trade-in program for that.

A 10 lb Power Tank has the useable energy equivalent of 400 gallons of compressed air and can refill 16+ OEM Sasquatch tires from 15 to 35 psi in about 40 seconds a tire.

Yes, you have to pay for CO2 but you're also running your engine and burning gas while your compressor is running. Power Tanks can be refilled at beverage carbonics, homebrew shops, welding shops, fire extinguisher safety services, and hydroponics stores.

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Woot. Bring on all the businesses to flood a thread with what they think is the best, or should I say the ones with the highest profit margin.

What else are people carrying on their rig, you know regular people not trying to sell the most expensive thing.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fast, Reliable CO2.

2dr Bronco Mount (Driver side only):

4dr Bronco Mount (Driver or Passenger side):

Benefits over an air compressor:

Fast - compare 45 cfm (cubic feet per minute) of a HP250 Power Tank regulator vs 6.5-10.6 cfm of the fastest compressors. We routinely see sub-five minute air ups after a trail. This is from the time your butt leaves the driver seat to the time you restart the engine to go home. Less time at the trailhead means more time on the trail.

Powerful - the same high volume and constant flow of CO2 allows you to reseat tires faster and more safely than any other method. We've reseated a 46" tire on the trail. You can also run air tools and while electric has certainly caught up in most situations, for really tough jobs, nothing beats being able to turn up the regulator and hitting stubborn fasteners with an air impact.

Reliable - there are no mechanical parts to wear out and no electrical parts to fry. We regularly hear from long time customers that have been using their Power Tank for over 20 years. It's the only air system backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

Portable - because there are no electrical connections to hook up or plumbing to install, you can easily remove your Power Tank and walk it up the trail to reseat a popped bead on someone else's rig or bring it in the home to run an air nailer or blow out sprinkler lines. This also means you can buy one Power Tank and move it between vehicles.

Economical - all Power Tank packages come complete as ready to run kits so keep that in mind when comparing prices. We've been wheeling since 96. If we were running compressors, we likely would have had to buy at least 3-4 replacements over that time vs a single Power Tank.

Rebuildable - because of the higher pressures and flow rates of a Power Tank, we must build every component of a Power Tank to a higher spec ourselves, including accessories like our Tire Inflator Gauges. That means it's trivial to repair or upgrade over time. Want to upgrade your gauge from analog to digital? No problem. Want to trade in your regulator? We have a trade-in program for that.

A 10 lb Power Tank has the useable energy equivalent of 400 gallons of compressed air and can refill 16+ OEM Sasquatch tires from 15 to 35 psi in about 40 seconds a tire.

Yes, you have to pay for CO2 but you're also running your engine and burning gas while your compressor is running. Power Tanks can be refilled at beverage carbonics, homebrew shops, welding shops, fire extinguisher safety services, and hydroponics stores.
The one drawback for me is the amount of space it takes up.

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Woot. Bring on all the businesses to flood a thread with what they think is the best, or should I say the ones with the highest profit margin.

What else are people carrying on their rig, you know regular people not trying to sell the most expensive thing.
I'll keep my shilling to one reply per thread maximum. I'm not big on hijacking threads, either, but with all the compressor threads, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't reply to at least one of them.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I grabbed the single ARB kit with my ford pass points.

Ford Bronco What Air Compressor do you use? 20220405_153925

Paired with a DIY 4 hose kit I made.
Ford Bronco What Air Compressor do you use? 20220407_064027

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been rocking my Viair 400P for 17+ years & it's still pumping up my 37's all at once so I'm not looking to replace it anytime soon. If I was looking to buy a compressor, I would be looking at a twin compressor (faster) & more than likely one that can't be mentioned around these parts any longer :(

YMMV 🤠

Viair 400P-Auto. Works great.

https://a.co/d/fpBKB7N
Viair 400P it's perfect, really impressive.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a viar 450p, which has an automatic pressure shut off, so in theory it could be paired with a portable tank for a little more capacity/runtime.

On my last rig, i had one of the harbor freight high volume pumps for 7-8 years, and eventually converted it to an on board air setup and sold it with the truck. It would get through about three and a half tires before hitting the thermal shut off, but if I poured cold water on it while it ran it would fill all four without shutting off.

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco What Air Compressor do you use? 1690322383577

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Viair

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Arb twin compressor with the Thors Lightning air system. I can do all 4 tires at once from 19 psi to 39 in about 5 minutes

Ford Bronco What Air Compressor do you use? IMG_0025
What is that Oracle Lighting thing on your side mirror? 🧐 Doesn’t look like a light.
Sponsored