Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For the bronco and the wifes Explorer $141 per month.
Sponsored

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About $65 a month through USAA. I have $500 deductibles and a lot of add-on's because why not if it's this cheap. 58 y/o, single, high credit score, no accidents or tickets in last 20+ years.

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
To save costs I raised all my deductibles to $1500. I can easily cover that if anything should happen, no need to pay the increased premiums a lower deductable would cost me.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Standard limits with full glass coverage, 2 vehicles ('95 BMW), $600 deductible, about $220/mo.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is good advice. When I went to live in Flower Mound, Texas (it's a wealthy part of town, I lived in an apartment and am not rich lol) I called Progressive to update my address.

The lady looked at it and says, y'know, you're moving to a very high net worth area. The average car in that zipcode is (some high number). I saw supercars on the regular just driving around town.

So she goes, you can keep $50k but you should really go up, since in an accident with an $100k car, I would end up paying for a lot of that. I ended up increasing it.
VERY VERY TRUE words. Here is Washington State's minimum insurance
Carry liability insurance with liability limits of at least:
  • $25,000 for injuries or death to another person
  • $50,000 for injuries or death to all other people
  • $10,000 for damage to another person's property

The person that hit me has no where's near enough. That 10k in property damage won't even replace the fences she ran through, let alone replace my Bronco.

Sponsored

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$220 california, full

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VERY VERY TRUE words. Here is Washington State's minimum insurance
Carry liability insurance with liability limits of at least:
  • $25,000 for injuries or death to another person
  • $50,000 for injuries or death to all other people
  • $10,000 for damage to another person's property

The person that hit me has no where's near enough. That 10k in property damage won't even replace the fences she ran through, let alone replace my Bronco.
A friend of my sister's mother was in a car accident several years back. Not rich people, but they did have insurance (big family). She gets into a car accident with someone who didn't have insurance. She was horribly mangled and was lucky to survive. The other person, no driver's license, no insurance, driving a car that wasn't theirs, didn't even get a ticket. Her friend's family ended up declaring bankruptcy due to the hospital bills and lost income.

So yeah, insurance isn't for nothing. People really should take it more seriously.

jtmportland

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For how much coverage? The term "full coverage" doesn't really mean you are fully covered. What's your driving record? Bundled with other policies? How many drivers and ages? Road side assistance? Rental? Uninsured and underinsured? PIP? Deductibles? What state? A company that will actually pay out, or one that gives you the runaround? This is like comparing apples to horses.
Cheapest rate is rarely worth it.

15 years ago 100/300/100 was the smart minimum. These days that won't cut it in many wrecks. Especially if you have real net worth. If your coverage is the state minimum, be prepared to pay out of pocket if you cause a wreck.
By full coverage I mean: $150k/$300k/$150k, $300k underinsured motorist coverage, $100k hit and run, $100k personal injury, $200 comprehensive and collision deductibles, 30 day rental coverage, no roadside coverage (I have it through Ford, AAA, and a couple of credit cards). I’ve never had an at-fault accident, and my last speeding ticket was 23 years ago. All this for under $75 a month. Sure, you can pay for more coverage, but this is a good balance for me.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Too much IMHO. I had USAA for decades then they just kept creeping up and up so I dumped them. Now I have Progressive, best thing I can say about them is they have an app. But they are better priced than USAA was.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Too much IMHO. I had USAA for decades then they just kept creeping up and up so I dumped them. Now I have Progressive, best thing I can say about them is they have an app. But they are better priced than USAA was.

Hopefully they pay out as well as USAA. Over the years we've had at least 10 claims with USAA and it is always an immediate check, no questions. USAA does use Progressive for their bike insurance, so maybe they are just as good.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hopefully they pay out as well as USAA. Over the years we've had at least 10 claims with USAA and it is always an immediate check, no questions. USAA does use Progressive for their bike insurance, so maybe they are just as good.
In the 20+ plus years I had USAA I had one claim and it was a cluster, IMHO. They did a miniscule payout based on the APP claim photos, then the body shop came back WAAAAY out of wack, IMHO, with their quote. The tiny check was in my account in less than 24hours, but it didn't cover anything for the repair, so they decided to just total it based on one body shop quote. The car was several hundred miles away and I told USAA I wanted to have it towed to another shop and I would pay for the second tow but they just said 'nope, it's totaled; here is a supplemental check' based on non factors. Then I had to fight to get the proper value for the totaled car, I didn't want totaled in the first place. Then the monthly premiums started going up every single month for fewer cars.

That said the APP was great and easy to use, but all the backend customer service was a terrible experience because they just were not interested in what I was saying or wanting to do. I know it is all a numbers game on their end, but damn getting a second quote wasn't going to hurt, the whole process already was taking months. Plus this was at the height of the stupid car prices and their total payout was ~$12,000 below comparable used cars for sale, so I had to do the leg work and send them the links to those similar cars etc and they finally came back closer to where the market was at.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the 20+ plus years I had USAA I had one claim and it was a cluster, IMHO. They did a miniscule payout based on the APP claim photos, then the body shop came back WAAAAY out of wack, IMHO, with their quote. The tiny check was in my account in less than 24hours, but it didn't cover anything for the repair, so they decided to just total it based on one body shop quote. The car was several hundred miles away and I told USAA I wanted to have it towed to another shop and I would pay for the second tow but they just said 'nope, it's totaled; here is a supplemental check' based on non factors. Then I had to fight to get the proper value for the totaled car, I didn't want totaled in the first place. Then the monthly premiums started going up every single month for fewer cars.

That said the APP was great and easy to use, but all the backend customer service was a terrible experience because they just were not interested in what I was saying or wanting to do. I know it is all a numbers game on their end, but damn getting a second quote wasn't going to hurt, the whole process already was taking months. Plus this was at the height of the stupid car prices and their total payout was ~$12,000 below comparable used cars for sale, so I had to do the leg work and send them the links to those similar cars etc and they finally came back closer to where the market was at.

That's a shame USAA was so difficult. We've had 27 vehicles, 4 drivers over the last 25 years. 3 deer, 3 hail, 1 accident by a 16yo, two one car damage claims that I can remember. I'm sure there were more. Every one was quick and easy. Even a couple that required more work later from the body shop. No questions they just cut a check.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious what others are paying for full coverage insurance. I am sure some are getting discounts for various reasons but I am looking for a different option.

Thanks
I pay $2897/year For MY23 bronco, and MY19 vw atlas, as well as my 3 trailers.

I also pay $1012/year for MY20 Kawasaki z900rs. MY14 HD fat boy lo. And MY99 Kawasaki zrx1100

I live in mass, and use commerce insurance.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Country financial is taking me for $200 a month for the Bronco with $1k deductible.

Reading through this post it’s time to start shopping around pronto!

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's a shame USAA was so difficult. We've had 27 vehicles, 4 drivers over the last 25 years. 3 deer, 3 hail, 1 accident by a 16yo, two one car damage claims that I can remember. I'm sure there were more. Every one was quick and easy. Even a couple that required more work later from the body shop. No questions they just cut a check.
That was how it started, but as soon as the first quote was over the dollar threshold it was a real PITA. THEN the increasing premiums afterwards for fewer cars and I was just done with it. Such is life, but USAA was/is also twice the price for the same home owners insurance as every other quote I got before too.
Sponsored