Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since we don’t have a tow haul mode what have y’all been doing. Thinking about towing my two place trailer with snowmobiles about 5 hour to the UP. Usually I turn off tow mode when in the highways but in past trucks I liked in surface streets to get the weight moving. Granted the sleds weigh much less that the TT and fifth wheels I have pulled. Probably just leave it in normal sport mode seems overkill for holding the gears. What’s your experiences or thoughts?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually curious about this one.

On a manual transmission I can basically make my own tow/haul mode even if there is no specific drive mode for towing & hauling. But never thought about what you'd have to do for an automatic.

Granted the Bronco doesn't tow much at all, so I imagine the answer is to just stick it in Normal mode and call it a day. It isn't like on other vehicles where your 4,500 pickup truck can get shoved down a hill while towing 10,000 lbs.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You didn’t elect to get “tow mode” with the “tow package”?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You didn’t elect to get “tow mode” with the “tow package”?
I have the tow package there is no tow mode button that I can find hell they don’t even put in a brake controller like the trucks you have to buy this rinky looking add on with a knob. I won’t be buying that unless a find a real light pop up that has brakes. If you have a tow mode button tell me where it is lol.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the tow package there is no tow mode button that I can find hell they don’t even put in a brake controller like the trucks you have to buy this rinky looking add on with a knob. I won’t be buying that unless a find a real light pop up that has brakes. If you have a tow mode button tell me where it is lol.
There isn't one

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There isn't one
I know that grey shadow seems not to. But I also have not owned it a week so I could have missed it. Unless there should have been a 🤣 at the end of his post.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since we don’t have a tow haul mode what have y’all been doing. Thinking about towing my two place trailer with snowmobiles about 5 hour to the UP. Usually I turn off tow mode when in the highways but in past trucks I liked in surface streets to get he weight 111. Granted the sleds weigh much less that the TT and fifth wheels I have pulled. Probably just leave it in normal sport mode seems overkill for holding the gears. What’s your experiences or thoughts?
Sport mode will work the best, which is what I use. It will obviously not down shift or try to slow you down when on a steep grade like tow modes on many trucks like my F150. I added it to my Badlands

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d probably fill up on premium, run sport, and select “m” so I can shift. At least starting off / in town / hilly terrains. Once on the interstate, back to D and normal is fine.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, there is at least one specific towing feature that you can enable: Trailer Sway Control

According to the manual, it is access via the touchscreen under Features, Towing. I'd check that menu to see if there is any other info that might be of use.

Edit: Personally, I'd stick with Normal, or Slippery depending on conditions. Some older Ford vehicles have a sport mode that is used for towing, but the Sport GOAT mode is different for the Bronco. It's specifically intended for a driving experience slightly closer to a sports car - faster acceleration and sportier steering. Not sure that's what you want for towing.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the bronco - normal mode but when descending the 7% grades here in the rockies, I use the +/- buttons to shift so I can control the downshifting and engine braking.

In my f150 - tow mode does it for me but I still use the +/- buttons to control engine braking.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just tow in normal mode. Also you can enable an extended rear view camera for towing reasons. It doesn’t turn off until you hit like 15mph so you can watch the trailer as you pick up speed.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There isn't one
I have some memory of reading, among hacks to disable the Auto Stop-Start (ASS) mode, that one of these hacks involves jumpering a couple of conductors on the trailer connector, to trick the Bronco into thinking that it is towing a trailer. This apparently changes some of the operating parameters, including disabling ASS mode. It seems like a reliable assumption that it changes other things, in a manner that is meant to optimize the performance of the vehicle for trailer towing. I think that was one of the arguments that I saw against using this hack to disable ASS, that some of the other changes that it invoked were non-optimal for normal, non-trailer driving.

Catervich

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, 330i BMW, Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sport mode will work the best, which is what I use. It will obviously not down shift or try to slow you down when on a steep grade like tow modes on many trucks like my F150. I added it to my Badlands
You added sport mode to your Badlands? How? Tell us more.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You added sport mode to your Badlands? How? Tell us more.
It’s in the forscan thread. Simple to do I’ve put all the goat modes in my OBX.
Sponsored