De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any trailers with a potty for the wife that can handle decent off roading on mildish trails?

I did find a couple on You tube but they are priced like 90k !!!!
We just completed our maiden voyage with the Winnebago Hike 100. With toilet and excellent off road! Retail is 50k+ but some dealers are selling around 24k and was worth the 4 hour drive to pick it up.

Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_2637

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Own! She’s about 2000lbs loaded up with gear! It’s not the prettiest or most complex, the “sandblasted” paint job is certainly a style, but it’s dry and hard sided for bear country and that’s all I could ask for.

After seeing you guys post prices of 24, 50 and 90k! Yikes… I’m glad to say that I built/am into this project for about $10,000CAD. I’ll be ok shitting in the woods for that price point 😂

September 24, 2023_2831-LR-2.jpeg
October 02, 2023_0827-LR-2.jpeg
September 23, 2023_2443-LR.jpeg

Last edited:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We just completed our maiden voyage with the Winnebago Hike 100. With toilet and excellent off road! Retail is 50k+ but some dealers are selling around 24k and was worth the 4 hour drive to pick it up.

Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? September 23, 2023_2443-LR
Not sure I would tow it with a bronco and its to light for the side area. You will get blown all over in high winds.

Bronco_montana

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took this picture last April 1st
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_8019

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMG_2637.jpeg
Wow... A 50% mark down...that might have just entered the running..thanks.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took this picture last April 1st
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_8019
Are you stupid? Please tell me this is fake! Really uncool to put everyone at risk. I would never do something so unsafe and irresponsible. Love that the 2 door has the same tow rating as the 4 door, but still only 3500. For real, even if you could drive this safely for others, you're going to bend your rear cross member! Operationally, it might work on flat ground. On the other hand, even then if you had to brake in an emergency you might have issues. Like my post if you agree! Seriously! ;)

jbryant

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_0240
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_0118
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_0012
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_0240
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_0118
Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_0012

Love my Geo Pro 19BH. It’s a the heavy side, but I’ve stripped it down to the bare minimum of things we need. I’ve towed over 5k miles with this setup. No issues so far.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best to keep it small.

Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_20160530_200837

Ford Bronco What Camper are you towing? IMG_20160530_201016

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We were looking at trailers the Bronco could tow, but just kept coming up short. Then, at one dealer the salesman showed us a bigger trailer just for alternative analysis. Well, we really liked the idea of more room, bigger bunks, an actual oven, outdoor kitchen, and more.

The problem was that now the trailers we really like were over 1000lbs too heavy without any cargo. I really didn't want to trade the Bronco on a pickup, so my wife and I started talking, and the bottom line was we traded in her '20 Pacifica on a '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee. With the Tow Prep package, it is rated at 6200 lbs and the trailer we bought is 4700 ULVW - no way we'll put 1000 lbs of cargo in t, much less the 1500 we could put in it before hitting the JGC tow limit. The only issue is that the toe prep package does not come with the hitch and wiring. But it comes with everything else - the upgraded cooling, self leveling headlights and suspension. I have the hitch and wiring ready to go whenever I get time to install, and the trailer dealer is storing the trailer for free until I get the tow vehicle ready and can take delivery as they will set up the WDH.

The point of this is to remember that other options exist. While we spent much more than planned, my wife never liked having a mini van, but it was really functional the last few years with young kids, strollers, etc. Now that they are a bit older, and (mostly) potty trained, the van isn't quite as needed. And since we moved north she has been wanting 4wd, and she always loved JGCs, so we checked the tow rating and off we went! This is really a win win situation because we all have what we want plus a very roomy camper for a family of 4.

Here is what we went with, I'll try to upload with actual pics sometime. We got a great deal on a leftover new 2022: https://www.keystonerv.com/product/passport-sl/comfort-travel-trailers/floorplans/219BH

Bronco_montana

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you stupid? Please tell me this is fake! Really uncool to put everyone at risk. I would never do something so unsafe and irresponsible. Love that the 2 door has the same tow rating as the 4 door, but still only 3500. For real, even if you could drive this safely for others, you're going to bend your rear cross member! Operationally, it might work on flat ground. On the other hand, even then if you had to brake in an emergency you might have issues. Like my post if you agree! Seriously! ;)
Did you notice the date in the post? So you see- “no worries”

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who have one.. What you hauling? I'm looking at getting a camper but idk what's to haul. The tow cap is 3500. I saw a jl tuck hauling a winnebago so I know it's possible in the bronco. However I can't seem to find anything within the rating.
I pull a 6x8 "Tiny Camper" (mfg Florida). about 1200# dry. I considered "Hiker" (mfg Indiana)