Sponsored

What have you broken on your Bronco so far?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-Three plastic T clips on the passenger side soft top rear corner (fixed with rivets, good as new).
-Relatively Substantial rock gouge on passenger door, touched up with paint.
-totally bent in the low-hanging fins on the support bars that go to the crossmember while mildly wheeling Sunday. The ones mentioned below in the video by LB at the 4:55 mark. These are prime rock targets. Never hit my rock rails, but I did a fair amount of bash plate hitting and of course, these took the worst hit (I'll post pics with an edit once I get home to the Bronco). The rear control arm brackets are also prime impact points. FYI.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like others, a couple of trim clips when installing the Auto Start-Stop Eliminator. The video makes it look like it just pops right out. We all know how that goes.....

I've also chipped up the front edge of the doors (in the same spots, twice now after touching up). Maybe next time I will learn to tape that area when removing/re-installing the doors. At least I won't be looking at the doors for several months. They are safe in thier bags in a spare room. I can re-touch again the next time I use them. I have a daily driver now so the Bronco will stay in the garage ready to go on nice days with the top and doors removed and a mesh bimini installed.

Sponsored

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like others, a couple of trim clips when installing the Auto Start-Stop Eliminator. The video makes it look like it just pops right out. We all know how that goes.....

I've also chipped up the front edge of the doors (in the same spots, twice now after touching up). Maybe next time I will learn to tape that area when removing/re-installing the doors. At least I won't be looking at the doors for several months. They are safe in thier bags in a spare room. I can re-touch again the next time I use them. I have a daily driver now so the Bronco will stay in the garage ready to go on nice days with the top and doors removed and a mesh bimini installed.
I purchased this to help protect my door edges when removing my doors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCFDVZR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a rather stressful maneuver to pull the panels down, I was surprised nothing broke fortunately, it makes an awful noise when it lets go.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Windshield at 3700 miles and the Emergency brake pull.

Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only think I have managed to break is the auxiliary transmission cooler that kicks on when the auto stop/start is functioning....replaced under warranty, took about a week - was able to continue driving while the part was on order - just no active stop/start during that time (I know, blessing in disguise...lol)

Other than that, she has been flawless for 2 months and 3800 miles.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and believe it or not… the horn cover lol

BDF7AB72-2633-4215-BFA8-1815347D9494.jpeg
It's not a horn cover, it is the air bag. They are designed with a groove in the back so that they easily split when the air bag goes off. Mine is not broken but it has a fault that causes a raised line. This is a known issue. Take it in, it will be a warranty item.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm doing the 3 dash and 2 rear tonight, any tips?
I have the base system with only 2 speakers in the dash and it was silly simple.
Just take your time and watch some of the you-tubes and get the wiring diagrams to make sure you have +/- correct.
I need to get the forescan update to unleash the power of the rears.

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Auto window on the drivers side. Won't open or close to drop down for the frameless doors

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went wheeling on Sunday and my passenger side Rough Country Tube steps got in an argument with a boulder that was under water. Tube step is fine but the brackets bent significantly. No damage to the body so I guess they did exactly what they were meant to do. $50 for new brackets from RC.
Sponsored