Sponsored

What I Wish Someone Made/Sold for the Bronco; What Else Would You Want?

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Two things, one the aftermarket can fix, the other is up to Ford
An analog gauge cluster with real dials and needles for speed, rpm, water, oil, amps and fuel. Or even a Dakota Digital set up with analog display. Anything to replace the comical, ‘80s Chevy S-10 looking set up we have now.

The second is hard… Ford, fix your damn dealer network. You have some pretty good dealers. Unfortunately, all the attention goes to the plentiful awful ones with terrible sales tactics, abusive pricing practices and service departments who have nothing but contempt for the customer. Need an oil change? Schedule 3 weeks in advance and leave the car for a full day. Train the techs to use the correct parts, turbo vehicles need 5-30w oil. Not the 5-20 ford puts in conventional engines. Lexus was able to do it by incentives to dealers for CSI scores and investment in infrastructure.
Oh, and fix the stereo! No need for fancy B&O branded gear, just a decent amp and speakers and make the equalization adjustments available to the driver through the head unit.

ElPasoBronc

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a TSB or similar for this. Your alternator would get replaced under warranty and a modified splash shield installed.
Do you know the TSB? I had my alternator replaced for free after mudding but they didn’t install any type of splash guard.

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are so many great accessories and modifications already available for the Bronco, and I've definitely spent a significant amount of money on some of those items, but there are still a few things I'd really like to buy IF someone made then.

I curious to know what other accessories people want/need?

My two items are:

1. Door reinstall device: I already have a device for helping me to remove/replace the top, but wish someone made a device that assisted with reinstalling the doors (reinstalling them wasn't impossible, but I'd sure like something that could maybe hold the door up for me, maybe adjust height with foot pedal, and I could just wheel it into position or something simpler so I don't worry about dropping it). Sort of like a TopLiftPro for doors...

2. Canvas doors: I would really like to have simple/light-weight canvas doors that I could quickly throw on in case of rain or whatever (have seen these for Jeeps https://www.bestop.com/products/ful...-factory-door-surrounds-door-strikers-4-door/ but nothing yet for Bronco)

What else would you like to see/encourage some innovative company to make and sell??
Considering I chipped the paint on the passenger door this weekend reinstalling it for the first time after removal, I'd welcome the reinstall device (or something that protects the edge better than the two included rubber bumpers, which fell off during reinstallation). Love the idea of sturdy canvas doors.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is kinda an odbball one, and maybe somebody is working on something like this, or knows the tech involved, but, I would like a piece of software/hardware that allows the infotainment screen to both control, and receive data from a gopro via bluetooth (or if there was a hardwired solution I could live w/that). This way a gopro could be used as a trail cam by using preview mode, and record while watching my new "smart" trail camera. For those of you with high package and up, you could replace your trail camera with a gopro when you wanted record functions, and reinstall the regular one when you are not recording. For me I would then have a trail cam, which is the one thing I wish mine had, but I didn't get. Also hoping somebody cracks the code to upgrade to the 12" screen

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aftermarket soft top that goes all the way back (like others have mentioned). Mine will wear out in a few years so the clock is ticking. Think I’d go OEM over Bestop if forced to choose right now. Not a fan of the half-back look.

Also not sure it would fit under my garage door or work parking deck., especially once I get a lift. That means I have to remember to put the top up every single time I go to work or come home. Brutal.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think some people are confused by the topic of this thread. It's "What I Wish Someone Made/Sold for the Bronco"

Not "What do you wish Ford should have done"
Ford SHOULD HAVE built the Bronco with a limited slip instead of an open rear.

To rectify that, the market should build/provide a drop in limited slip conversion for the 4.46 rear end.

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took my Bronco through some small muddy puddles and the splash killed my alternator. Now I’m weary of taking it to go play in the mud.
I’d like to see some type of functional shield that will prevent this from happening.
I’ve crossed rivers in mine with zero problems!

IMG_9756.jpeg

IMG_9757.jpeg

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
A replacement rear panel for the soft top with a glass/acrylic window and a wiper to use in the winter.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know the TSB? I had my alternator replaced for free after mudding but they didn’t install any type of splash guard.
Took me a minute to find where I'd saved it (In the wrong folder). Note that Ford isn't authorizing preventative replacement.
TSB 22-2392

BeachBronco21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was said in the opening post but I really wish there was a canvas/soft door option. I want to go doorless all summer but with heavy rain/thunderstorms popping up pretty consistently, it would be great to have something to quickly pop in to stop water from getting inside.

bravestar

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mustang GT/CS Convertible, 1988 F-150, 18 JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want a soft rear tonneau cover that doesn't strap over the tailgate and can be used with reclining rear seats.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish there was a Bimini top that was tight when installed, had access holes/zippers to take off hard top, had NO Velcro that I have to put on my roll bars, and no gap near the windshield. I feel there are none that tick all those boxes.

And a larger fuel tank.
Ford Bronco What I Wish Someone Made/Sold for the Bronco;  What Else Would You Want? IMG_5230
Ford Bronco What I Wish Someone Made/Sold for the Bronco;  What Else Would You Want? IMG_5766
Ford Bronco What I Wish Someone Made/Sold for the Bronco;  What Else Would You Want? IMG_5772
Ford Bronco What I Wish Someone Made/Sold for the Bronco;  What Else Would You Want? IMG_5776
Ford Bronco What I Wish Someone Made/Sold for the Bronco;  What Else Would You Want? IMG_5777
Sponsored