Sponsored

What is the quietest Axle Back exhaust out on the market?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bummer. That's one of the quieter systems they offer. Did Lethal have a recommendation for something quieter?
Maybe the Borla Touring would work for you.

The Bold Performance is a similar build to the Kooks (video posted above). Probably similar in sound. Only $549.
https://bold-performance.com/products/ford-bronco-l4-2-3l-2-7l-axle-back-hi-tuck-turndown-exhaust

And it was just a matter of time before there would be some CHEAP systems on Amazon.
Only $149. I'm not recommending it tho... posting 'for entertainment purposes only':
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB5J8Z6...76TOU8RU&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wait for downpipes, you get a nice sound and rasp along with actual gains

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bummer. That's one of the quieter systems they offer. Did Lethal have a recommendation for something quieter?
Maybe the Borla Touring would work for you.

The Bold Performance is a similar build to the Kooks (video posted above). Probably similar in sound. Only $549.
https://bold-performance.com/products/ford-bronco-l4-2-3l-2-7l-axle-back-hi-tuck-turndown-exhaust

And it was just a matter of time before there would be some CHEAP systems on Amazon.
Only $149. I'm not recommending it tho... posting 'for entertainment purposes only':
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB5J8Z6...76TOU8RU&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it
I have a feeling this will sound the same or louder, the muffler was smaller than it looked when it showed up.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's an expensive mistake. Been there, done that on other vehicles with worthless intakes and such. Crazy how much these things cost.

I have the Borla Touring on my 2 dr 2.3 L. When I first installed it, seemed not much different sound wise over stock. But over time, it has gotten a little bit louder. Not sure how that could be possible since there is no packing to wear in that I'm aware of. Got it from Panda on here that offered a member price, was 5% additional over the website discounted price I believe.

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...ouring-axle-back-exhaust-w-bright-chrome-tips

I like the Corsa system but it will be louder and also has the tips completely below the bumper. The Borla tips are somewhat protected. They also offer a cat back climber edition for extra clearance in the Touring sound but no experience with that system.

Wasn't sure which engine you have just know that the mufflers are different depending.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's an expensive mistake. Been there, done that on other vehicles with worthless intakes and such. Crazy how much these things cost.

I have the Borla Touring on my 2 dr 2.3 L. When I first installed it, seemed not much different sound wise over stock. But over time, it has gotten a little bit louder. Not sure how that could be possible since there is no packing to wear in that I'm aware of. Got it from Panda on here that offered a member price, was 5% additional over the website discounted price I believe.

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...ouring-axle-back-exhaust-w-bright-chrome-tips

I like the Corsa system but it will be louder and also has the tips completely below the bumper. The Borla tips are somewhat protected. They also offer a cat back climber edition for extra clearance in the Touring sound but no experience with that system.

Wasn't sure which engine you have just know that the mufflers are different depending.
Thanks for the post and this brought me back to my 2015 WRX where I had 5 different catbacks and then the next year 4 catbacks with a 15 Mustang EB lol

And I accidentally posted in the 2.3 section when I have a 2.7

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If all an axle-back realistically does is lighten your wallet and maybe tweak the sound, just get the RC muffler delete and lighten the Bronco, as well. 😅

I like mine, it's definitely not stock sounding, and not loud, but not as quiet as anything posted in here.

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If all an axle-back realistically does is lighten your wallet and maybe tweak the sound, just get the RC muffler delete and lighten the Bronco, as well. 😅

I like mine, it's definitely not stock sounding, and not loud, but not as quiet as anything posted in here.
Kind of the opposite of what the title says lol 😎

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm telling you the Borla Touring Climber cat back is what you want. If it ends up a little loud (which it won't) you can add the optional rear resonator.

Sponsored

Glenjafett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Performance High Clearance exhaust - yeah I'd have to see it installed to see what the clearance is underneath. And at that price point, probably a no go for me.
The FP High Clearence is also rated as a S-Tune sound, not touring. So it's a little louder. That info isn't on the listing, but I emailed Borla and that was their answer on sound level.

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A lot of people are saying the Borla so maybe I try and find a local with one, for now Im back on stock.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well we tried to tell you Borla the first time lol. You either want Borla Touring or one of the magnaflow systems someone else mentioned. Hell magnaflow might even have on that's quieter than stock but sounds better, at least back in mustang days that's what they had

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just a small update, Lethal told me to go sell my Kooks exhaust private which sucks. Then Kooks got in touch with me and might actually help me out. How I just don't know yet but they claim in the axle back should not be loud at all, nor drone.

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update #2
Kooks was trying to work with me on their axle back and the only option I was provided was to pay for shipping both ways and they would modify the muffler "someway" to make it not drone or less loud.
So there's no way I am spending upwards of $300+ dollars on shipping making this a $1200+ axle back that I have no clue what it sounds like.
Sponsored