Sponsored

What is the quietest Axle Back exhaust out on the market?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update #2
Kooks was trying to work with me on their axle back and the only option I was provided was to pay for shipping both ways and they would modify the muffler "someway" to make it not drone or less loud.
So there's no way I am spending upwards of $300+ dollars on shipping making this a $1200+ axle back that I have no clue what it sounds like.
While it's cool that they're willing to somehow help. You think they might try sending you a resonator or something first.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While it's cool that they're willing to somehow help. You think they might try sending you a resonator or something first.
That was all they could do to fix anything.

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update #3, they said pay up to send it to them or sell it. So the axle back is back on the car but I have ordered a new clamp as there's does not work as good as the OEM one.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update #3, they said pay up to send it to them or sell it. So the axle back is back on the car but I have ordered a new clamp as there's does not work as good as the OEM one.
If you have a four-door I would try to put a resonator or some sort of two or one chamber Muffler in line between the axles.

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you have a four-door I would try to put a resonator or some sort of two or one chamber Muffler in line between the axles.
Truck is my avatar and Ive already started looking online at resonators if it gets to be too much, thx

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems late, but I was going to suggest going to a meetup or off road with a Bronco group and checking out what they have/sound like. This is how I decided I'd really like (one day!) the Borla mid-level exhaust. Low, resonant but not "loud", kinda like my ol' man's dual Flowmasters back in the day (V8 but y'know). Personally, I think you do want a Borla, but that ship looks to have sailed.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Performance High Clearance exhaust - yeah I'd have to see it installed to see what the clearance is underneath. And at that price point, probably a no go for me.
I have the fast intentions system which is kind of a work of art and it's not that much louder but the benefit is not only way more clearance but also a significant amount of horsepower and torque without annoying drone or waking up the neighbors.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Truck is my avatar and Ive already started looking online at resonators if it gets to be too much, thx
Gotcha. Yeah with the 2 door there isn't much room for a straight shot. I was originally doing my own 2 chamber muffler like I'd seen someone else do. But I realized without that extra 16 inches the moor door has its not easy.

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
update #3,000
Had a Magnaflow resonator put in on the oem midpipe and it is finally perfect. Nice deep tone, no drone and nice at idle. I would recommend to anyone buying these really small muffler style axle backs to be careful of the ecoboost drone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just to be clear, did you add the resonator to the stock midpipe and you are still running the Kooks axle back?

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just to be clear, did you add the resonator to the stock midpipe and you are still running the Kooks axle back?
yup, exactly.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
update #3,000
Had a Magnaflow resonator put in on the oem midpipe and it is finally perfect. Nice deep tone, no drone and nice at idle. I would recommend to anyone buying these really small muffler style axle backs to be careful of the ecoboost drone.
Do you have a link for the Magnaflow Resonator you used? I may try this with the Flowmaster FlowFX I removed. Loved the look and even the sound most of the time, but at highway speeds with the soft top windows out, I needed hearing protection.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

MBRP Overland/Touring sounds pretty good.

OP
OP
ultimateone

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you have a link for the Magnaflow Resonator you used? I may try this with the Flowmaster FlowFX I removed. Loved the look and even the sound most of the time, but at highway speeds with the soft top windows out, I needed hearing protection.
Sorry I don't, I think it was a magnaflow 4" OD resonator maybe 13-14" long
Sponsored