Sponsored

What to do? Ordered a Raptor Bronco and what was ordered is not what was delivered?

cjmiller

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Would like some advice on what I should do? So I ordered a 2023 Area 51 Bronco Raptor back in March of 2023. Dealer seemed to be great at first stating that they would sell the Vehicle at the MSRP at time of order so I pulled the trigger and ordered the Raptor. Everything seemed good at the time, Had everything in writing that they would honor the MSRP sale price, dealer kept me up to date on the status very frequently. Dealer notifies me just 2 days Christmas that my Raptor has arrived.

This is where it all starts to go down hill. We arrive at the dealer an they present me with the paperwork for the Raptor and it is now 5K more than when I ordered the Raptor. I start to question why my price has gone up 5K and they start spouting that the Raptors are not price protected at time or order but at time of build or some crap. After a while the Sales Manager comes over and pretty much tell me we can take it or leave it. They are not going to honor the original order MSRP but the Sticker MSRP.

At this point I reluctantly accept the sticker MSRP (5K up charge) and take the Raptor. While being frustrated with the Dealer tactics that day I did not notice that the Raptor was missing the Lux package that we had ordered.

I have been trying to work with the dealer for over a month now to find some type of reason of how my order was mess up and who is responsible. Ford blames the Dealer and the Dealer blames Ford. I am pretty sure that the dealer messed up because everything Fords system is missing the Lux package. The dealer will buy back the Raptor about 5k less than I paid for it plus I would be out the Tax on the vechicle ($2500) and order me a 24 but is unwilling to make any type of concession on the price... Just 24 MSRP.

I ordered the 23 Model year for a number of reasons... I own a 1973 Bronco that I have had for close to 35 years and I wanted a 23 so they would be exactly 50 years apart. Second I turned 50 this year and was meant to be my birthday gift. Last is you can no longer get Area 51 which is the color I wanted.

Am I just screwed?

I am going to call out the dealer here Durango Motor Company!
Ford Bronco What to do? Ordered a Raptor Bronco and what was ordered is not what was delivered? Capture.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, what a mess. That dealership is shady and typical, so not sure why you would even consider getting another one from them. You are partially to blame since you should have reviewed your order sheet to make sure everything was right. Then you took delivery before noticing the package was not included. Since year and color are important to you, learn to live without the lux package and keep what you have IMO.

OP
OP
cjmiller

cjmiller

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did confirm the order sheet and the pickup is on me for not noticing... but was pissed about the change in the price.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did confirm the order sheet and the pickup is on me for not noticing... but was pissed about the change in the price.
Next time validate the order with the salesman in the actual system because that is the screen to do it before the dealer submits the order to Ford. Your're better off with MGV seats anyway they are just as nice. The price protection stuff has been a monster issue so your're not alone in the screwed over department because they ALL say take or leave which then they just sell for more anyways.

OP
OP
cjmiller

cjmiller

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wow, what a mess. That dealership is shady and typical, so not sure why you would even consider getting another one from them. You are partially to blame since you should have reviewed your order sheet to make sure everything was right. Then you took delivery before noticing the package was not included. Since year and color are important to you, learn to live without the lux package and keep what you have IMO.
Oh and I would never order another thing from these guys. I will go back to my Dealer in Phoenix from now on..

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I just screwed?
Yes.
You didn't verify the build at order.
You didn't verify the build at delivery.
You went ahead and paid $5k over.
It sucks but there is only one person to blame for this mess.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.
I would have to agree. Having taken delivery you have zero leverage.

OP
OP
cjmiller

cjmiller

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes.
I would have to agree having taken delivery you have zero leverage.
I had no leverage to begin with when the dealer said take or leave it......Guess it's time to do my review of my experience with Ford and the Dealer

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had no leverage to begin with when the dealer said take or leave it......Guess it's time to do my review of my experience with Ford and the Dealer
Your leverage was $90K+ still in your wallet before delivery. These things are showing up & sitting now for whatever reason you want to accept.

Sorry it went down like it did & hopefully you can find a way to still enjoy the vehicle. If not, I would take the loss & move onto something you really want & can enjoy or it might just keep nagging you & sour the experience all together. $.02
Only you can answer that question. Best wishes.

Reactions: GMC

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, you could have just walked away when they presented it to you with the 5K upcharge. Instead you got it. So be happy you have a Raptor, there are not that many around and for a lot of us it's beyond our pay grade. Or just give it back and accept the loss of money and get what you really want. If it was me I'd just keep it and be super proud and happy that I have a BRaptor!

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The play is to hot box you into making a quick, high-stress decision. I got into one of these squeezes one time at a Mazda dealership where they brought in a high pressure salesman and locked me in a room with him while he leaned on me repeatedly to sign paperwork. I couldn't leave until they gave me my license back (they took it to photo copy it for a test drive). It took me TWO HOURS of telling this guy I wasn't buying a car from them before they gave me back my license, slamming it on the table and telling me I could leave now. Thanks! Effin' jerks.

Unfortunately, you only have two points of real leverage: Refusing to pay (walk out) and to a lesser extent the post-sales survey. Rip 'em. Telling your story here is also a good step. Note, I know little about Colorado, but already knew not to go to this dealership. Because of other people spreading the word.

And dealerships wonder why they have such a bad reputation and people hate going to them.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The play is to hot box you into making a quick, high-stress decision. I got into one of these squeezes one time at a Mazda dealership where they brought in a high pressure salesman and locked me in a room with him while he leaned on me repeatedly to sign paperwork. I couldn't leave until they gave me my license back (they took it to photo copy it for a test drive). It took me TWO HOURS of telling this guy I wasn't buying a car from them before they gave me back my license, slamming it on the table and telling me I could leave now. Thanks!

Unfortunately, you only have two points of real leverage: Refusing to pay (walk out) and to a lesser extent the post-sales survey. Rip 'em. Telling your story hear is also a good step. Note, I know little about Colorado, but already knew not to go to this dealership. Because of other people spreading the word.

And dealerships wonder why they have such a bad reputation and people hate going to them.
Been there as well & you need to call the police at that point. Now I always carry a photo copy of my license when going to car lots with no credit check authorized on the back to avoid this issue ;)

OP
OP
cjmiller

cjmiller

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The play is to hot box you into making a quick, high-stress decision. I got into one of these squeezes one time at a Mazda dealership where they brought in a high pressure salesman and locked me in a room with him while he leaned on me repeatedly to sign paperwork. I couldn't leave until they gave me my license back (they took it to photo copy it for a test drive). It took me TWO HOURS of telling this guy I wasn't buying a car from them before they gave me back my license, slamming it on the table and telling me I could leave now. Thanks! Effin' jerks.

Unfortunately, you only have two points of real leverage: Refusing to pay (walk out) and to a lesser extent the post-sales survey. Rip 'em. Telling your story here is also a good step. Note, I know little about Colorado, but already knew not to go to this dealership. Because of other people spreading the word.

Yeah I wish I would have known about the dealership we just moved to the area and had my F-150 in there a few times for warranty work so spent some time milling around the Sales floor. Nothing real high pressure. I really think they had another interested buyer that was willing to pay an ADM if I walked.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been there as well & you need to call the police at that point. Now I always carry a photo copy of my license when going to car lots with no credit check authorized on the back to avoid this issue ;)
Yeah, I was 22 at the time and knew nothing. My dad had a similar tactic; he used to love test driving cars and back in the 70's/80's apparently there were all kinds of tactics they used (including calling my mom and telling her their new car was ready to be picked up). I used my credit union to pre-qualify for my only other two purchases, so no credit check, but they now "work with" the dealership, which just seems wrong.

I always say avoid negotiations on a sale where you're at a severe disadvantage, and at dealerships they're a lot better at knowing you than you them; it's really asymmetric. It's a scummy business in a lot of ways, and only savvy, experienced and hardnosed negotiations where you know what you want to spend before you show up and stick to your guns no matter what really works.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I wish I would have known about the dealership we just moved to the area and had my F-150 in there a few times for warranty work so spent some time milling around the Sales floor. Nothing real high pressure. I really think they had another interested buyer that was willing to pay an ADM if I walked.
Oh, that was the play. We could care less if you buy it so come to us. Maybe they did. Obviously you were willing to pay the premium, because you did, and the play worked. Doesn't really matter if they were lying or implying through their teeth.

My roommate went to a car sales school back in the 80's and lasted two weeks on the lot. They give you all these ways to read people's weaknesses and he just hated playing people emotionally to make a buck. On the other hand, there are plenty of people with little soul in these things and do whatever it takes, because they don't take it home.
Sponsored