Sponsored

What to do? Ordered a Raptor Bronco and what was ordered is not what was delivered?

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The play is to hot box you into making a quick, high-stress decision. I got into one of these squeezes one time at a Mazda dealership where they brought in a high pressure salesman and locked me in a room with him while he leaned on me repeatedly to sign paperwork. I couldn't leave until they gave me my license back (they took it to photo copy it for a test drive). It took me TWO HOURS of telling this guy I wasn't buying a car from them before they gave me back my license, slamming it on the table and telling me I could leave now. Thanks! Effin' jerks.
Happened to me in the ā€˜80s at a Hyundai dealership in So. Fla when I was 21. Conned me into initialing a doc that said I would buy a car if we could agree on a reasonable price. After 45 min of being asked what I thought a reasonable price was, I asked the salesman to show me the doc again and I grabbed it, folded it up and put it in my pocket, went to the sales manager and asked him to return the other doc that had my personal info on it and he called me a smart ass and told me to get the F&@$ outta his office. To this day Iā€™ll never ever consider a Hyundai at any price.

I bought my Bronco from one of the discount dealers and overall had a good experience and got the deal that I expected. however, I still had to keep on top of them and they didnā€™t quite come up with the right numbers when the truck arrived. We worked it out without much fuss since some of on was Ford but it still paid for me to keep up with what others were sharing on this site as to the prices and fair charges.
Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe this will help in the future. Yes these guys are selling something but ignore that and gather the good info they have to help deal with car salesmen and the finance BS. A lot of videos. I'm about to put some of this to the test in a couple weeks the we go to pick up our Bronco.

Car Edge. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzGxSaDv_5dgSe4RgJ99sfA

22 Spyder

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon mod (DD),2022 Porsche Spyder(weekend)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Chalk it up as a life lesson. As others have said you should have made sure the Raptor was exactly what you ordered before signing paper work. If losing $7,500 (or whatever) isn't a big deal to you sell it back to them and order a 24. If it is just keep what you got and enjoy it.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe this will help in the future. Yes these guys are selling something but ignore that and gather the good info they have to help deal with car salesmen and the finance BS. A lot of videos. I'm about to put some of this to the test in a couple weeks the we go to pick up our Bronco.

Car Edge. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzGxSaDv_5dgSe4RgJ99sfA
Look at Kevin Hunter the Homework guy Has a lot of good info on his channel.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If there is one thing to be learned when ordering a Bronco, you cannot be too cautious!

I feel for you OP. When I received a golden ticket in ā€˜22 for a Warthog, the Ford Store failed to convert it to an order in time (Even though I told them multiple times to place the order)!

I had to spend 2 weeks working with FoMoCo to resolve the issue. I wasnā€™t going to let a reservation I held onto for 2 years go to waste. It was an absolute nightmare scenario that no one should have to go through.

By some miracle, FoMoCo put in a special order and managed to get the order in a day before the cutoff. The Ford employee that helped us place the order exclaimed that the case went to the highest levels at FoMoCo and they wanted to make things right. They even gave me an ESP for free since they knew the dealer dropped the ball. All of this happened to a customer that was making sure every little detailed was tended to and still, something went wrong.

Sorry to ramble, but your story is just bringing back bad memories ordering. It is ultimately your decision what you do with the vehicle. I think you will enjoy it. Over time, you probably wonā€™t even think about not having the Lux package.

Would like some advice on what I should do? So I ordered a 2023 Area 51 Bronco Raptor back in March of 2023. Dealer seemed to be great at first stating that they would sell the Vehicle at the MSRP at time of order so I pulled the trigger and ordered the Raptor. Everything seemed good at the time, Had everything in writing that they would honor the MSRP sale price, dealer kept me up to date on the status very frequently. Dealer notifies me just 2 days Christmas that my Raptor has arrived.

This is where it all starts to go down hill. We arrive at the dealer an they present me with the paperwork for the Raptor and it is now 5K more than when I ordered the Raptor. I start to question why my price has gone up 5K and they start spouting that the Raptors are not price protected at time or order but at time of build or some crap. After a while the Sales Manager comes over and pretty much tell me we can take it or leave it. They are not going to honor the original order MSRP but the Sticker MSRP.

At this point I reluctantly accept the sticker MSRP (5K up charge) and take the Raptor. While being frustrated with the Dealer tactics that day I did not notice that the Raptor was missing the Lux package that we had ordered.

I have been trying to work with the dealer for over a month now to find some type of reason of how my order was mess up and who is responsible. Ford blames the Dealer and the Dealer blames Ford. I am pretty sure that the dealer messed up because everything Fords system is missing the Lux package. The dealer will buy back the Raptor about 5k less than I paid for it plus I would be out the Tax on the vechicle ($2500) and order me a 24 but is unwilling to make any type of concession on the price... Just 24 MSRP.

I ordered the 23 Model year for a number of reasons... I own a 1973 Bronco that I have had for close to 35 years and I wanted a 23 so they would be exactly 50 years apart. Second I turned 50 this year and was meant to be my birthday gift. Last is you can no longer get Area 51 which is the color I wanted.

Am I just screwed?

I am going to call out the dealer here Durango Motor Company!
Capture.PNG

Sponsored

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your leverage was $90K+ still in your wallet before delivery. These things are showing up & sitting now for whatever reason you want to accept.

Sorry it went down like it did & hopefully you can find a way to still enjoy the vehicle. If not, I would take the loss & move onto something you really want & can enjoy or it might just keep nagging you & sour the experience all together. $.02
Only you can answer that question. Best wishes.
Live and Learn - sucks for sure but ā€”
For all the emotional reasons, keep the ā€˜23 and ENJOY IT!

G6Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would like some advice on what I should do? So I ordered a 2023 Area 51 Bronco Raptor back in March of 2023. Dealer seemed to be great at first stating that they would sell the Vehicle at the MSRP at time of order so I pulled the trigger and ordered the Raptor. Everything seemed good at the time, Had everything in writing that they would honor the MSRP sale price, dealer kept me up to date on the status very frequently. Dealer notifies me just 2 days Christmas that my Raptor has arrived.

This is where it all starts to go down hill. We arrive at the dealer an they present me with the paperwork for the Raptor and it is now 5K more than when I ordered the Raptor. I start to question why my price has gone up 5K and they start spouting that the Raptors are not price protected at time or order but at time of build or some crap. After a while the Sales Manager comes over and pretty much tell me we can take it or leave it. They are not going to honor the original order MSRP but the Sticker MSRP.

At this point I reluctantly accept the sticker MSRP (5K up charge) and take the Raptor. While being frustrated with the Dealer tactics that day I did not notice that the Raptor was missing the Lux package that we had ordered.

I have been trying to work with the dealer for over a month now to find some type of reason of how my order was mess up and who is responsible. Ford blames the Dealer and the Dealer blames Ford. I am pretty sure that the dealer messed up because everything Fords system is missing the Lux package. The dealer will buy back the Raptor about 5k less than I paid for it plus I would be out the Tax on the vechicle ($2500) and order me a 24 but is unwilling to make any type of concession on the price... Just 24 MSRP.

I ordered the 23 Model year for a number of reasons... I own a 1973 Bronco that I have had for close to 35 years and I wanted a 23 so they would be exactly 50 years apart. Second I turned 50 this year and was meant to be my birthday gift. Last is you can no longer get Area 51 which is the color I wanted.

Am I just screwed?

Capture.PNG
answer is simple, dont reward scum.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Am I just screwed?

Capture.PNG
What am I missing here, your attached DORA (above) includes the LUX pkg as entered into the order system by the dealer? Did dealer go back in and change the order after you reviewed/approved it? It would appear you had a legit claim against either Ford or the Dealer for messing up the order, however now that you have taken delivery you have really no good options but to keep the Raptor and enjoy it! Raptors are special, my previous ride was an 2018 802A Raptor and it was awesome. I have Lux on my Bronco and it is nice, but expensive for what you get and I generally only use the ACC and sometimes the heated wheel. Enjoy your new Raptor, the dealer ā€œstinkā€ will dissipate soon as you enjoy and make new memoriesšŸ‘

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am I just screwed?

Capture.PNG
If its all in writing sue and inform the news media of the suit.... make lots of noise but first let the dealer know that s--t is about to hit the fan. Dealers do not like bad press.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Happened to me in the ā€˜80s at a Hyundai dealership in So. Fla when I was 21. Conned me into initialing a doc that said I would buy a car if we could agree on a reasonable price. After 45 min of being asked what I thought a reasonable price was, I asked the salesman to show me the doc again and I grabbed it, folded it up and put it in my pocket, went to the sales manager and asked him to return the other doc that had my personal info on it and he called me a smart ass and told me to get the F&@$ outta his office. To this day Iā€™ll never ever consider a Hyundai at any price.

I bought my Bronco from one of the discount dealers and overall had a good experience and got the deal that I expected. however, I still had to keep on top of them and they didnā€™t quite come up with the right numbers when the truck arrived. We worked it out without much fuss since some of on was Ford but it still paid for me to keep up with what others were sharing on this site as to the prices and fair charges.

Am I just screwed?

Capture.PNG
as others have stated your leverage is limited at this point, but I believe your best route to getting back to your original MSRP at time of order is to do a bit of research in this forum or BroncoRaptor.com on intra-year price protection. Hereā€™s a post from a potentially helpful thread..

https://www.broncoraptor.com/threads/how-much-did-you-pay-for-yours.1227/page-7#post-15240

it is absolutely true that Ford does not offer price protection ACROSS model years, but they do offer price protection within the model year. They protect the price at time of order. However the dealer has to facilitate this price protection (after delivery) and many dealers seem to have either been actually unaware or conveniently unaware of this price protection.

You will find numerous examples where folks have been successful. If $5k is interesting, start digging, then present your dealer with examples. The advantage to this approach is that it is not coming out of their pocket if they pursue the credit from Ford (unless they are pursuing it and lying to you).

Last edited:

Sponsored

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I worked my way through college in car sales. Sure, there's a lot of stores and people out there who'd sell their mothers eyes for another $100 bucks commission, fortunately the store I worked at was pretty straightforward. But in that era, the equivalent of the Bronco was the early '80s Honda Accord. A perfectly pleasant sedan, well built, nicely equipped and a good value at their sticker price. But dealers were adding $3-5k additional markup to an Accord and God forbid you were stuck on a color or Automatic transmission. I was at a Mazda store, and we had the also very nice 626 sedan that were largely overlooked. It wasn't unusual that an Accord owner would come it to look at a 626 and be astonished when the value of the markup they happily paid to get the Accord vaporized the moment they took delivery. It was now a 10k Honda with however many miles and worth whatever the book said it was. The learning is, cars depreciate, some way more than others but all do. And as soon as supply and demand get close to equal, the availability advantage that leads to the markup disappears. Know that any time you pay over MSRP for a vehicle, you're doing so simply to get what you want sooner. There is zero additional value baked into that vehicle and the money you just spent is gone at the first push of the Start button. I love my '23 BB Sas, but waited 2 years to get what I wanted at MSRP as I knew anything over that was just lighting money on fire.

Quickfr8

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You paid for the following options below and if you did not receive these options then Ford owes them to you. In regards to the $5k oh well but i think you definitely have a case here if you did not get these below.
logo.png

VEHICLES
IN-STOCK

Ford Models
Bronco
2024 2023 2022 Acura Audi BMW Buick Cadillac Chevrolet Chrysler Dodge Ford GMC Genesis Honda Hyundai Jaguar Jeep Kia Land Rover Lexus Lincoln MINI Mercedes-Benz Nissan Ram Subaru Toyota Volkswagen Bronco Bronco Sport E-Transit Edge Escape Escape Plug-In Hybrid Expedition Explorer F-150 Lightning F-150 Regular Cab F-150 SuperCab F-150 SuperCrew Maverick Mustang Mustang Mach-E Ranger SuperCab Ranger SuperCrew Super Duty F-250 Crew Cab Super Duty F-250 Regular Cab Super Duty F-250 SuperCab Super Duty F-350 Crew Cab Super Duty F-350 Crew Cab (DRW) Super Duty F-350 Regular Cab Super Duty F-350 Regular Cab (DRW) Super Duty F-350 SuperCab Super Duty F-350 SuperCab (DRW) Super Duty F-450 Crew Cab (DRW) Super Duty F-450 Regular Cab (DRW) Transit Cargo Van Transit Connect Transit Crew Van Transit Passenger Van 2-Door SUV 4WD Manual 4-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Advanced 4x4 2-Door SUV 4WD Manual Advanced 4x4 4-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Advanced 4x4 Badlands 2-Door SUV 4WD Manual Advanced 4x4 Badlands 4-Door SUV 4WD Manual Advanced 4x4 Big Bend 2-Door SUV 4WD Manual Advanced 4x4 Big Bend 4-Door SUV 4WD Manual Advanced 4x4 Black Diamond 2-Door SUV 4WD Manual Advanced 4x4 Black Diamond 4-Door SUV 4WD Manual Advanced 4x4 Everglades 4-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Advanced 4x4 Heritage 2-Door SUV 4WD Manual Advanced 4x4 Heritage 4-Door SUV 4WD Manual Advanced 4x4 Heritage Limited 2-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Advanced 4x4 Heritage Limited 4-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Advanced 4x4 Outer Banks 2-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Advanced 4x4 Outer Banks 4-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Advanced 4x4 Raptor 4-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Advanced 4x4 Wildtrak 2-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Advanced 4x4 Wildtrak 4-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Big Bend 2-Door SUV 4WD Manual Big Bend 4-Door SUV 4WD Manual Black Diamond 2-Door SUV 4WD Manual Black Diamond 4-Door SUV 4WD Manual Outer Banks 2-Door SUV 4WD Automatic Outer Banks 4-Door SUV 4WD Automatic
E5J_EA.png

2023 Ford Bronco Advanced 4x4 Raptor 4-Door 4WD SUV
$86,580*
Destination Fee:$1,895
* Price does not include destination or advertising fee
VIEW INVENTORY
Options
Package Option
373A
374ALux Package - (Equipment Group 374A) - Includes: Adaptive Cruise Control; B&O Sound System by Bang & OlufsenĀ®, 10 Speakers, including Subwoofer; Connected Built-In Navigation with 3 Years of Service, Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, Live Traffic, Predicitive Destinations and Route Guidance (replaces Connected Navigation contained in Mid Package); Evasive Steering Assist; Heated Steering Wheel; Smart Charging USB Ports, Dashboard - One (1) "A" and one (1) "C"; Universal Garage Door Opener; Wireless Charging Pad

OP
OP
cjmiller

cjmiller

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

as others have stated your leverage is limited at this point, but I believe your best route to getting back to your original MSRP at time of order is to do a bit of research in this forum or BroncoRaptor.com on intra-year price protection. Hereā€™s a post from a potentially helpful thread..

https://www.broncoraptor.com/threads/how-much-did-you-pay-for-yours.1227/page-7#post-15240

it is absolutely true that Ford does not offer price protection ACROSS model years, but they do offer price protection within the model year. They protect the price at time of order. However the dealer has to facilitate this price protection (after delivery) and many dealers seem to have either been actually unaware or conveniently unaware of this price protection.

You will find numerous examples where folks have been successful. If $5k is interesting, start digging, then present your dealer with examples. The advantage to this approach is that it is not coming out of their pocket if they pursue the credit from Ford (unless they are pursuing it and lying to you).
Well Thanks so much for posting this and putting me on this track. After dealing with the GM and getting no where I figured I would give Ford Corp a call again. After talking with them again and explaining the whole situation again the flat out told me that I should have been given price protection on my purchase. So armed with this info and a new case opened with Ford. I called the dealer and gave him all the information about 5 days ago.

Well guess what the GM called today and told me that I indeed should have been price protected and I should be seeing a rebate check some time in February.

While it truly sucks that I did not get the Raptor I wanted or ordered... At least I am getting it at my order price. Turns out going to be a little over 7K.

Be nice but a total pain in there ass for days on end till you get what you were promised.

Thanks for all the help! Hope this may help someone else!

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Youā€™re welcome! Iā€™m glad this worked out for you. You can buy me a beer if youā€™re ever in California.

it always stuns me the amount of bad advice that people give on protection on these forums. Its hard to figure out what the right answer is if youā€™re jumping in fresh. Glad it worked out for you.

Itā€™s also pretty sad to think of how many people have gotten burned by their dealer (who should clearly know how Ford pricing works) this year through either their incompetence or greed.

I hope you enjoy your truck as much as I have mine!

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did confirm the order sheet and the pickup is on me for not noticing... but was pissed about the change in the price.

I held a day 1 reservation but got pushed into a '22 because that's the way it was early on. FORD actually honored the original price and made some concessions. And despite not having anything in writing, my Dealer honored our agreement to charge me MSRP once my Bronco arrived. The dealer matters!

Probably not worth losing $5k to sell it back - try private sale although not sure if anyone is paying over MSRP anymore?
Sponsored