swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Forscan programming of being able to use the remote to close the windows is one of the mods I use the most.
I thought this was only available via dealer, not FORSCAN?
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you try pulling them out and flipping around? Tilts back vs forward, but its like they're not there anymore, so maybe too much for what you're looking for. Worth it for short term if causing neck pain like it did for my wife.
I literally pulled off to the side of the road on my way home from the dealership and flipped mine around. So, mine have been backward for 18 months now. Really wonder what it takes to get them bent to a proper angle so they can be installed front facing.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealers won't do it. It's standard code. European cars get remote up and down from the fob. US gets remote down only due to liability.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Forscan makes it easy, just look for the instructions in the forum.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Forscan makes it easy, just look for the instructions in the forum.
Yes, of course, I was mistakenly thinking of the windows cracking down on key fob unlock. I also forscanned this feature in.

Last edited:

theELEETEone

Black Diamond
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Broco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seat raisers. Before I could barely do an hour of driving without a stretch. After buying the Desert Does It spacers I did a 8+ hour stretch with no stops.
I second this I had them in my Silverado 1500, I bought my bronco on Wednesday... one of the first things I ordered...

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another nod for the seat jackers. Just installed mine and the seat is so much better positioned now. I went with the expensive shims because they come with longer bolts.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Another nod for the seat jackers. Just installed mine and the seat is so much better positioned now. I went with the expensive shims because they come with longer bolts.
Any decent hardware store will have the washers and longer bolts at a tiny fraction of the price of the shims.

Sponsored

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree this can be done with washers but if going that route, I’d get the longer screws at a good auto parts store. I believe they are hardened steel. Also, the shims accommodate the index pins if that matters.

cpsocal

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I pulled off the tab on the right side right above where the stock sub sits - the one that covers the bolt for the soft top. I stuffed about 2-3 rags down there on each side - the goal is to create as little space as possible between the plastic housing and the side of the car where the sub sits. You want it nice and snug so it cant vibrate.
I got in there today and really filled in the area behind that top tab. Worked great! No more rattle or buzz. Thanks again for the additional info!

LudwigVon

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

After seeing countless posts here on the seat risers/washer addition to the front seats, curiosity got the better of me and I had to try it.

Trip to Home Depot. 25pk of 3/8” washers for $5.97 plus tax. About 30 minutes worth of work in my driveway we are all done.

Process was simple. Slide the seat all the way back. Little knife to pry off the plastic covers over the front bolts. Best to come at the cover from the side, that is where the clips are. 1/2 ratchet to take the front bolts out. Moved the seat forward to loosen the back bolts. Didn’t take them all the way out, having them still in place made it easier to just raise the front and not pull all four bolts out and have to realign everything. Moved back to the front. Stacked 3 washer, ran the bolt through the seat mount and then the washers. Trickiest part was to get them to stay in place while getting the seat to sit back in place. Tighten it all back up and reattached plastic clips.

Once all buttoned up, there is now a slight in between the plastic seat trim and the carpet. Which obviously makes sense.

Only did a short drive after it was all buttoned up. It felt better, I think.….but maybe it was all psychosomatic after reading everybody posts here.

Regardless. An afternoon in the driveway tinkering with my Bronco. I’ll consider that a win for sure.

Thanks for the tip everyone.

IMG_6899.jpeg

IMG_6896.jpeg

IMG_6898.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: