Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There's a reason they stopped using those color schemes... FUGLY
There's a reason they stopped using those color schemes... FUGLY
I'm a sucker for the two tone, have had this beast since 99 (second owner).
had to go similar color scheme for the heritage

blazer.jpg
Sponsored

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My parents did this to theres and they cannot understand why I am keeping mine stockish. We have two very different end games apparently.

To be fair they have a Jeep they wheel and the Bronco is more of there everyday car.
I've got my jeep for the rocks... my Bronco will be a beautiful pavement princess. (well maybe just light trails)

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The "real" Bronco was supposed to launch late 2021, roughly the same time the Bronco Sport was supposed to...COVID, then roof issues with the Bronco pushed it back.

Say what you want, but the Bronco Sport is a great product for what it is-its not an Escape per say-its shorter overall and has similar AWD system like the Focus RS had. The Escape is longer and more car like then the BS.
I like the Bronco Sport. It's built on the same platform as the Escape and Maverick. Like my aging Jeep Commander, it's a unit body platform. I have done stuff in that vehicle that is more "offroad" than most of the Bronco population will see. We don't do much aggressive rock crawling on the East Coast---plenty of muddy, hilly trails though.

The plans for the Sport to arrive a model year earlier than Bronco had been in the automotive press for several years. In fact, I remember a Ford advertisement for the Sport where the unveiled the model with a shadow of the bigger Bronco in the background as a teaser.

I criticize Ford for its marketing choices and lack of market research. Too many models with too many "if I choose this, I lose that." If you want a Base, but want a 12" screen, that should be doable. I don't need the sway bar disco, but you shouldn't be limited to BL. A blackout appearance package would be nice. More tire and wheel options.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think you misunderstood. Iā€™m talking about the people who act like itā€™s not a real bronco if you donā€™t have SAS. For me, I doesnā€™t make sense because I donā€™t frequently off-road. Iā€™m not gatekeeping anything lmao.
The Base is definitely more capable than most 4wd vehicles. What makes Saquatch better IMHO is the advanced 4wd option, which you can get on an OBX for under $1000 option (or at least you could the last time I checked).

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

most unpopular option?....... having my settings default EVERY TIME I get in...... I have to reset sus, steering, exaust, mode etc.... then clear half a dozen warnings........ the whole process takes 30 seconds and distracts me while I'm driving.

@fordmotorcompany -STOP IT, ITs NOT A RENTAL!!!! If I crash into something while resetting and clearing meaningless warnings I'm suing YOU.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The plans for the Sport to arrive a model year earlier than Bronco had been in the automotive press for several years. In fact, I remember a Ford advertisement for the Sport where the unveiled the model with a shadow of the bigger Bronco in the background as a teaser.
That was actually a dealership unveiling they did pre-covid during the build up to the launch

I criticize Ford for its marketing choices and lack of market research. Too many models with too many "if I choose this, I lose that." If you want a Base, but want a 12" screen, that should be doable. I don't need the sway bar disco, but you shouldn't be limited to BL. A blackout appearance package would be nice. More tire and wheel options.
Boils down to complexity of builds that can and will impact quality. I wish I could have gotten the 12in screen too, but that is why its on higher end models, which also drives profits for Ford too.

DWALK

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone mentioned itā€¦ but Sasquatched broncos are so fuc*ing ugly. Those rims are the ugliest option.
Alsoā€¦ the 4 door soft tops look like those safari tour vehicles, especially when they remove the window panels And the tops still up.

Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? blazer
Wow - I must have the ugliest BD out there then with SAS, safari soft top, and script badges. It perfect for me and the family though and gets me off road; mud stained flares and all :).

54D5D57F-24D7-4AA7-B3D8-5521CED4B104.jpeg

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Base is definitely more capable than most 4wd vehicles. What makes Saquatch better IMHO is the advanced 4wd option, which you can get on an OBX for under $1000 option (or at least you could the last time I checked).
Bronco doesn't even have a posi rear end. Even my son's 20 year old POS Frontier has a posi (sorry, "limited slip" Posi-trac is trademarked by GM)

Advance 4WD is just a way to pad Ford's bottom line. What makes Sasquatch better is the lockers. (and suspension)

slews

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco; Prius for the really gnarly stuff
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, I'll go:
  1. I like auto-stop start ("ASS") and actually prefer having it on
  2. You don't need 4 sets of after market lights + a light bar. How much late-night wheeling are you really doing anyway?
  3. Approximately 95% of "aesthetic" mods make your vehicle uglier, some dramatically so. In particular, some of the wraps I see people post on here (and FB) are godawful.
  4. Apropos of #3, part of the reason for that is that the stock Broncos are quite nice looking. An exception to this is the Raptor, which is also fugly.
And less of an opinion and more of an observation/question:
  • The "double-honk" virtually never happens to me. Why are people getting out of their still-running vehicle with the keys so often?

(Just found this thread and only read through a portion of it, so I'm sorry if any of these have been done to death.)

Offroad Newb

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The "double-honk" virtually never happens to me. Why are people getting out of their still-running vehicle with the keys so often?
I rented a Bronco for 3 days to test out before my build shows up. I had the double honk happen at least 4 times. It was annoying. I leave it running if I have to run in my house to grab something I forgot, or open up my gate to my drive way.

Sponsored

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hereā€™s oneā€¦.
Lime green accents.
If you have them I assume your name is chad. You wake up in the morning crack a monster, light up a Marlboro red, and Throw on your affliction t shirt with your rhinestone jeans. Before you head out make sure you grab your white framed oakleys and have your favorite nickelback playlist readyā€¦.
LMFAO

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I rented a Bronco for 3 days to test out before my build shows up. I had the double honk happen at least 4 times. It was annoying. I leave it running if I have to run in my house to grab something I forgot, or open up my gate to my drive way.
I just throw the fob in the console when I start it and then I donā€™t get the double honk.

Wifeā€™s Timberline does the same.

LVBase

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2013 PT Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rear window wiper reminds me of the Ebay advertisement about wiper blades.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why the hell would anyone want 20" rims on an offroad vehicle? makes no sense.
Why would anyone want a lux package on an off-road vehicle? The people buying lux are usually asphalt warriors. The 20 inch rims help them compensate for other things.
Sponsored