Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was the lack of fake engine noise actually noticeable after programming it off?
Well, yes and no. Turbo motors are quieter than NA motors, that's a fact. Manufactures resort to fake engine noise to make it more "dynamic" or "exiting". The bronco is loud enough as is. In Normal mode, it's not that noticeable. However, the fake engine noise is very noticeable in Sport mode. So much so that my SO knows knew when it's in sport mode and complained. In normal mode, it just kinda fills in the noise that is lost to the turbos in the 2.5 to 5k rpm range. I wish it were easier to toggle on and off like in some other vehicles.

Gray_Ghost

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Super Duty, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was upset with my babe because the stock sub in the back would rattle a shit ton when I was banging the beats.

Then I read something on here awhile back that said to stuff a rag between the back enclosure and the bronco frame itself. Problem solved. Now we are cool.

What's an easy hack that took your relationship to the next level. Thinking about kids now.
What's your year model? Most broncos before 23 MY production came with the incorrect tree clips that connect the rear panel to the frame which was causing the rattle. Couple months back I sent mine to the dealership for recall work and told them to replace the clips. They replaced them with the correct ones that are blue looking at no charge and the rattle went away. No issues since

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

calx

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '98 Nissan Stagea
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Ford Performance Tune.

Night and day shift difference, plus no more auto start stop nonsense.
I haven't found an ASE technician or Ford dealership in western WA that'll do the tune :(

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I initially intended to use the washers to figure out how much the front of the seat needs to come up for me, then machine my own tapered spacer.

A year later and I still haven't machined spacers, there's just no need. The washers work fine.
sorry, but I am still not understanding the need for tilting the front seat up. I am 5' 7" so not very tall. Is this a fix for taller people? Maybe I am just not noticing the tilting forward aspect to this. Can you give me more detail?

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sorry, but I am still not understanding the need for tilting the front seat up. I am 5' 7" so not very tall. Is this a fix for taller people? Maybe I am just not noticing the tilting forward aspect to this. Can you give me more detail?
It gets my butt farther back into the seat and helps me keep proper posture, creating less pressure on my back and pelvis. It just creates that proper triangulation of the knees, hips and back to be add a tad more comfort.

I felt like I was sliding out the front of the seat before, especially while shifting.

I'm 5'9". I don't think height has anything to do with it.

For less than a buck and 10 minutes, it was well worth it.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I felt like I was sliding out the front of the seat before, especially while shifting.

I'm 5'9". I don't think height has anything to do with it.

For less than a buck and 10 minutes, it was well worth it.
I’m going to play with this some. I don’t feel like I’m falling forward but definitely have an issue getting it to feel just right on my lower back. This may be what I have been looking for

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't found an ASE technician or Ford dealership in western WA that'll do the tune :(
I installed it myself, but had a receipt from the Ford parts counter. If your willing to gamble with that, it's a super easy self install

Sponsored

Mammal

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Turning off the seatbelt chime in Forscan. I wear the seatbelt religiously when highway driving. But I don't want that thing nagging me when I'm just moving the Bronco around the yard, moving up in line on the trail, or other times *I* decide it's not necessary. Another Forscan mod that improved quality of life is lowering the tire air pressure warning threshold. Especially annoying if you air down for off-roading.
there’s a procedure in the manual to deactivate the seatbelt chime by fastening and unfastening the belt in a certain sequence. No forscan required! (For those that may want to do this without access to forscan)

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me it was fixing the windows snagging on the weather stripping when opening. I was having second thoughts about the Bronco before I got this fixed, but now it works great and I love it. Just a FYI if you are having this problem, its not what most people think including some dealers, it has nothing to do with the window auto drop speed. The problem is the window heigth adjustment and how much it enages the rubber which is spec'ed to be 2mm. I did the job myself on all four doors becasue I didn't trust anyone else to get it right. Its not a bad job, but requires taking accurate measurements.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

there’s a procedure in the manual to deactivate the seatbelt chime by fastening and unfastening the belt in a certain sequence. No forscan required! (For those that may want to do this without access to forscan)
Ford Bronco What's an EASY hack/fix that REALLY improved your relationship with your Bronco? IMG_6083