Sponsored

What's the issue with Webasto exactly? (ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously

Walmart could have sources the tops better than Webasto.
Really? They ran out of Kayaks when the literally could have sold tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands more last year. They are almost out again for the year and it’s Memorial Day. It must be a conspiracy to keep people off the rivers and lakes. I am not trying to be a jerk, but supply issues are a problem across many industries. Ford made a deal with Webasto and it hasn’t gone well. Webasto is a major supplier with a history of success, in this situation they failed, along with Ford. Stuff happens.
Sponsored

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My recollection of BroncoGuy's participation on this forum is quite different than yours, but I freely admit that I didn't see everything that occurred. However, if you really insulted him -- you did say, "we", didn't you? ;) -- and I simply missed it, then you shouldn't have done so, and hopefully you learned from the experience. 😜

All kidding aside, what I remember about BroncoGuy was a person who publicly stated that he worked at Webasto and wanted to be acknowledged as an expert, without being challenged about the source of his insider knowledge. He frequently got annoyed when people didn't immediately accept his claims, and posted about how frustrating that was for him.

Let's be frank... he was walking a tightrope, acting as an expert with inside information, but also trying to maintain anonymity on social media, when he was likely putting his job at risk by posting inside information often critical about his employer's product on a public forum in violation of the supplier's &/or buyer's policies.

Towards the end of his membership, he got into a pissing match with a well-known member and MAP employee. His comments were both critical and insulting, questioning whether this member even worked at MAP or had any knowledge or influence on the subject matter. Shortly thereafter, his account and posting history vanished in a puff of smoke.
And so now we have NO information from Webasto.

I am from Arkansas, you should be nicer to me.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. company run by morons
2. Ford is run by fucking idiots
3. people are worthless and don't want to work.

MANY of us regardless of when we ordered are going to get fucked out of a 2021 because of the above.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This forum had a Webasto insider back around December. We insulted him and he stopped providing information. From him we know that the production facility was still under construction in December.
1. When was it completed?
2. From what I understand, Michigan is still under Covid lockdown, this causes delays.
3. This is a new product/process. Where are the experts located? In a Covid lockdown country?

I know nothing about the process of making these tops, but I assume that mold temperature, plastic temperature, time, removal and cooling are critical. I also assume these variables are based on experience, not math. I propose that new equipment and lack of on-site experts is what has caused the delays.
Math and experience.

Ignore math at your peril...

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And so now we have NO information from Webasto.

I am from Arkansas, you should be nicer to me.
I kid because I love you, man!!! 😂

But seriously, although we all crave information, no one made BroncoGuy leave. He asked Doug to have his account and posting history deleted. Blame him. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Math and experience.

Ignore math at your peril...
I have a degree in Engineering, I work in heavy industry. I don't ignore math, but I do recognize that some "things" are art, not science.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The supply chain was disrupted well before launch. Why launch something that you can’t deliver? If your ducks aren’t in a row then DELAY THE LAUNCH. Don’t launch and delay delivery. Don’t scam people!
They did delay the launch, about three months, should have delayed a year it looks like. It was the first publicly known missed milestone.

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kid because I love you, man!!! 😂

But seriously, although we all crave information, no one made BroncoGuy leave. He asked Doug to have his account and posting history deleted. Blame him. 🤷‍♂️
He probably got caught. I always say "heavy industry" rather than "the largest paper mill in North America" so nobody can trace me.

He had some good info, too bad we don't have an update. I'll bet there are some great Webasto stories to tell having a beer around a campfire.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. company run by morons
2. Ford is run by fucking idiots
3. people are worthless and don't want to work.

MANY of us regardless of when we ordered are going to get fucked out of a 2021 because of the above.
Go buy a jeep fiat whatever then.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. Workforce
2. That "plastic" you write about - requires a resin that comes from....you guessed it, oil.
Yep... petroleum is in everything.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This forum had a Webasto insider back around December. We insulted him and he stopped providing information. From him we know that the production facility was still under construction in December.
1. When was it completed?
2. From what I understand, Michigan is still under Covid lockdown, this causes delays.
3. This is a new product/process. Where are the experts located? In a Covid lockdown country?

I know nothing about the process of making these tops, but I assume that mold temperature, plastic temperature, time, removal and cooling are critical. I also assume these variables are based on experience, not math. I propose that new equipment and lack of on-site experts is what has caused the delays.
Michigan isn't under Covid lockdown

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think about the "free" interior fabric liner offered for the hardtops. That was not done because of lack of workers or materials. Probably it was done to hide cosmetic defects or deal with some noise/cabin comfort issues. And that gets back to manufacture and design.
This felt like they realized it was better installed at Webasto in that part of the process than selectively installed here and there at MAP. A margin of error play.

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Michigan isn't under Covid lockdown
Awesome!! my only source for information is the national news. Also, I very much appreciate the information you have given us.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!!!

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really? They ran out of Kayaks when the literally could have sold tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands more last year. They are almost out again for the year and it’s Memorial Day. It must be a conspiracy to keep people off the rivers and lakes. I am not trying to be a jerk, but supply issues are a problem across many industries. Ford made a deal with Webasto and it hasn’t gone well. Webasto is a major supplier with a history of success, in this situation they failed, along with Ford. Stuff happens.
They cut it way too close, probably share price related. Penny pinching over going over and above and making sure they hit a home run.
Period.
As soon as Ford knew about when Webasto was planning warehouse assembly (RIGHT before launch), they should have had a back up plan.
In fact, Webasto probably bid on this contract, no?
So who did they bid against?
Webasto fails to meet needs, Ford reworks the contract and sub contracts to other providers, to MEET DEMAND.

why was the bronco sport released no problem?

why are there 2021 wranglers with white hard tops on lots now?

seriouslt, way to be on the right side of history, how dare you take the side of a huge arrogant builder? Please.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.