First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2013 PT Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Silver Steelies look retro with some 33's on them.
If Ford had a factory option for any other wheels for the base there wouldn't be thousands of sets of takeoff steelies for sale for 300.00.
Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe Iā€™ve already mentioned this, but, I sure want a printed owners manual and not a Cliffnotes version. Give me all 500+ pages.
I think it was the only thing I bitched about on the survey.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Late to the party but here is my unpopular opinion-
The IH Scout II is the best looking 4x4 ever made and my rust bucket ā€˜77 Scout was more fun than my pristine ā€˜71 Bronco.
The 2 door 6G is too short and the 4 door is too long but Iā€™ll get a 4 door and imagine it as a 4 door Scout Traveler.
The money crowd shows up and ruins everything. My $1400 CJ-5 with pop-rivet repaired floors, was more fun than a human should be allowed to have.

Stewdee55

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I read a post last night where someone stuck their neck out and said the Bronco retro emblems are ugly, often times Chinese made plastic that we're all so giddy to throw on our 2022 vehicles. Whatever you think of the retro script, it was refreshing to read a contrarian opinion.

This has me thinking what are other fun unpopular opinions?

Here's a few that have been on my mind...
  • BFG KO2's are an overrated AT tire that has been caught or passed by competitors since it's debut
  • Amber DRL's are obnoxious and overdone on most vehicles
  • Sasquatch package makes every single trim look worse (cartoonish proportions)
  • People who ordered Area 51 are so proud they chose a "color" when it's essentially gray
Area 51 Sas..šŸ˜ƒšŸ‘

20220312_141104.jpg

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. I hate people that say, "it's worth the wait". If it's worth it, then turn your Bronco over to someone who doesn't have one and wait some more.

2. I hate the term "rowing gears" as it refers to a manual transmission. It sounds so stupid.

3. Broncos should not come with the option of an automatic transmission, unless they are a hybrid or full electric.

4. Four door Broncos aren't real Broncos.

5. White grills, white wrapped MIC tops, fender flares and bumpers generally don't pull off the retro vibe, because of the other darker MIC items in the trim.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just participated in the Texas Off-Roadeo over the weekend, and was stunned at the features, and capabilities of the Bronco, and - as a lifelong Surfer - I experienced a pang of anxiety that Ford may have created the Stand Up Paddleboard Equivalent for Off-roading*

I watched very inexperienced drivers, in factory vehicles, clear obstacles that would have almost certainly cost them serious damage to their vehicle, or at least a heap of pride, and a good amount of recovery time in years past. I'm still just blown away by the control I saw in these vehicles.

My worry is that a well-moneyed, inexperienced, possibly over-confident, but fabulously equipped group of drivers may get out on trails in new Broncos, and generate some ill-will towards the entire badge.

Admittedly, advancements in jeeps have created leaps in capabilities, and cash has always been king of off-road capabilities, but it was really all within the same few badges on trails, and Bronco has only now returned with a viable off-road offering. I could see some haters.

I'm not saying it's a certainty, It could go the other way, and the Bronco delivers so well that everyone is envious of our great vehicles! but, what I saw made me realize that Bronco makes it really easy to do what used to be really hard stuff, and I've seen that quality generate ill will towards the people using that sort of equipment in the past.

*For those not into surf culture, there is a lot of friction between regular, local, surfers and - typically visiting - SUP Surfers, because a SUP is far easier to catch smaller, or unfavorable waves with, but in the process, the SUP surfer disrupts the line up, and most of the people doing it are just trying it out, and would never attempt the break on a regular surfboard, and can often be nuisance or even a hazard. So, SUP Surfers are perceived as a big, highly visible - possibly hazardous - greenhorn coming in for a set to just try it out.
The ad algorithm here sure is aggressive. After just reading this post - not even typing SUP myself - I'm now seeing ads for them.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok - 75 plus pages in and hands down the "the t-boned teenagers with the doors off" comment owns them all.

These Karen crawler concept build owners not waving at the bi-weekly mall meets tho...

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To get the conversation back on topic.....
  • Any trim above BD is a waste of money and should only be used for mall crawling.
Jason
Well Jason....... here is my take on you posting this. You pick the one that fits.
A. You meant to type BL instead of BD.
B. You don't really know how much you really get when you get Badlands
C. You are to poor to get a Badlands
:pšŸ˜‚

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh this is easy:

The Bronco should only be a 2-dr.

I could never own a4-dr.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well Jason....... here is my take on you posting this. You pick the one that fits.
A. You meant to type BL instead of BD.
B. You don't really know how much you really get when you get Badlands
C. You are to poor to get a Badlands
:pšŸ˜‚
And heā€™s an imposter.

Jason

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's unpopular about that? I see that posted in almost every thread.

Well, the take rate on the 2 door is pretty low. By far most people want a four door. So maybe thatā€™s why it is unpopular. Something like 75-80% want a four door.

Itā€™s just the few two door owners seem to be salty about their door count and post a lot about it being somehow ā€œbetterā€ or more ā€œrealā€.

I think this is more of an online forum thing. Out wheeling or at meets over the years I donā€™t ever remember anyone making much of a fuss about this in the Jeep world. I mean, there are some of us with 2 doors and some with four door wranglers and we all do the same trails. We do pick on each other about some things but door count was not one of them.

Last edited:

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's unpopular about that? I see that posted in almost every thread.
As someone else mentioned, most people want a 4-Dr., so by virtue of pure sales, liking a 2-Dr is unpopular.

I donā€™t look down on 4-Dr. owners. I just think the vehicle is unappealing. It looks like an Excursion or Expedition offshoot.

And if you want to talk about a 2-Dr being more ā€œrealā€ (as someone mentioned), well, in terms of a Bronco, it is.

Thatā€™s what a Bronco is. 2 doors. Same with a Jeep.

What if you gave a Corvette 4 doors or 4 seats? People would say the original Corvette is the ā€œrealā€ Corvette.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If your going to make a luxury Bronco- then make a luxury Bronco. Donā€™t take a pig and put lipstick on it and call it a luxury Bronco.
Sponsored