First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Red, Silver, Blue, and Gray near equally boring, while Brown and Green are off the charts exciting, who would've thought?
If brown and green excite you, I bet you enjoy looking at your beer shits the day after a long night of drinking 😉.

Velocity blue in person is a very exciting color. Build and price doesn't do any of the colors justice online but especially velocity blue.

(Of course I'm biased since that's what I have)

Jason
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

White, black, and gray/silver are boring colors that look good on a refrigerator or washing machine but not so much on a vehicle. 77% of car/truck owners choose those so if that’s what you drive, congrats, you have plenty of other conformists that think your car color looks great. :)

E507AB68-73BE-43EF-9450-4388FC293DED.jpeg
Well I like gray as it blends with the hardtop very nicely. You could say the carpet matches the drapes.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If brown and green excite you, I bet you enjoy looking at your beer shits the day after a long night of drinking 😉.

Velocity blue in person is a very exciting color. Build and price doesn't do any of the colors justice online but especially velocity blue.

(Of course I'm biased since that's what I have)

Jason
I was just having some fun with the way the chart interpreted, White through Blue make up about 97% of standard color choices among sales (the Conformists), with a clear drop off after blue not silver.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think this is more of an online forum thing. Out wheeling or at meets over the years I don’t ever remember anyone making much of a fuss about this in the Jeep world. I mean, there are some of us with 2 doors and some with four door wranglers and we all do the same trails. We do pick on each other about some things but door count was not one of them.
There actually was quite a bit of grumbling about 4-door Wranglers back in the early days of the JK. That community went through the EXACT same thing we are going through now. And for the most part, it was all tongue-in-cheek the same way it is with us. Most of the guys grumbling about 4-door Jeeps ended up with them too. I sat out on that conversation at the time, as I was a Bronco guy but I worked in the mostly-Jeep aftermarket industry so I had a front row seat for it. Now the tables have turned and we're going through the same thing here. Those of us on "Team 2-Door" are proud of our Bronco heritage and sure we like to poke fun at the station wagon owners. But I eventually bought a 4-door JK, and I'll eventually buy a 4-door Bronco as well.

We're all gearheads. Talking shit on each other is just what we do. Anyone who can't take a little bit of that should get off the Internet.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was just having some fun with the way the chart interpreted, White through Blue make up about 97% of standard color choices among sales (the Conformists), with a clear drop off after blue not silver.
Even among “blues”, the majority of them are either light and metallic, making them just another shade of silver, or so dark they may as well be black (ahem! AMB)… The number of vehicles sold with bright, vivid colors is extremely small. Sometimes I look around on the road and I think I’m in an old black and white movie… 😖

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gray and silver are just lighter shades of black. :) 77% of vehicles are either a different shade of black or white.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

White, black, and gray/silver are boring colors that look good on a refrigerator or washing machine but not so much on a vehicle. 77% of car/truck owners choose those so if that’s what you drive, congrats, you have plenty of other conformists that think your car color looks great. :)

E507AB68-73BE-43EF-9450-4388FC293DED.jpeg
I love my VB Bronco but if I were to do it over I'd probably go boring with white, just to hide the trail pinstriping.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a former and likely future Corvette owner, that analogy is poor, as sports cars serve a different purpose. Sports cars have 2 doors, always have, and always will. If they have 4, they are sports sedans, and handling suffers, making them less desirable and "real," which likely hurts the egos of Panamera and Tesla owners everywhere.

Pick-up trucks used to have 2 doors and a much smaller cab, but Dodge changed that in 1973 with their larger cab going mainstream. Now only 3% of pickups sold are regular cabs(83.1% are crew). Saying a 4 door Bronco is more "real" with 2 doors is the same logic as saying 4 door pickups are less "real." You could also use that logic to say a Bronco Raptor is less real as a 4 door. Oh wait, they only come in 4 doors, maybe becasue they perform on high speed desert runs much better with the longer wheelbase. Intended purpose matters.

The Bronco is an SUV, and for a very long time, most SUVs, including Jeeps, have had 4 doors.
The 2-door Bronco for me, loses all of its utility as it doesn't have enough room for 2 or 3 buddies(or family members) and me to go on a hunting or camping trip, especially with a dog crate and supplies in the back. If I was single, had fewer than 3 kids, or was building a Bronco for just offroading that I towed to the trails like many of my buddies do, the two-door would make more sense.

FWIW, the shorter wheelbase makes 2 door Jeeps and Broncos less stable on icy/snowy mountain roads or desert running at high speed. I've logged about 2,500 days snow skiing, and 2 door Jeeps get stuck in the ditch at an incredibly high rate compared to longer wheel-based SUVs and even cars like Audi Quattro and Subarus. On several dozen occasions, I've been passed by a two-door Jeep on a mountain or snowy/icy Minnesota road, only to wave at them as they are stuck in the ditch 10 minutes later. We even helped a two door Jeep owner upright his after he flipped it at 60+ mph on a frozen lake a couple of years ago. :)
🤣

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Instead of trying to classify one's Bronco as the "Rarest", please use "unpopular" or the "shittiest" instead, as you picked the Bronco that everyone thinks is a poor choice....."my 2021 (pick your color) two door with the 4 banger and open diffs seems to be (very unpopular), do I have the (shittiest) build?"

Last edited:

Sponsored

IndyBD

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was kidding, no one in their right mind would like looking at that. Although I'm starting to realize there are a lot more people not in their right mind so there's that.

I do think B&P does a terrible representation of the colors. I was very disappointed with losing AMB and settled for velocity blue because I wanted a blue color, but in person I'm very happy with the color.

Bonus: I have yet to see another blue one in my area. Seen almost every other color.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Instead of trying to classify one's Bronco as the "Rarest", please use "unpopular" or the "shittiest" instead, as you picked the Bronco that everyone thinks is a poor choice....."my 2021 (pick your color) two door with the 4 banger and open diffs seems to be (very unpopular), do I have the (shittiest) build?"
Yep. Lol. JK.

Nothing wrong with all of that. As long as you like it, that is all that matters. Some people want exactly what no one else has, even if it is "less". Nothing wrong with that, just like nothing wrong with swapping out factory wheels and tires to make it different.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know if those numbers apply to a enthusiast's car.
The majority of cars are simply bought off the dealership lot, which means one settles for what is there.

I absolutely HATE white cars. I've owned two (A Ranger and an Expy) because that's what the dealership had. People don't buy a color they like, they buy the color they hate the least of what is on the lot.

When customers order cars, the color mix is very different.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The majority of cars are simply bought off the dealership lot, which means one settles for what is there.

I absolutely HATE white cars. I've owned two (A Ranger and an Expy) because that's what the dealership had. People don't buy a color they like, they buy the color they hate the least of what is on the lot.

When customers order cars, the color mix is very different.
That might be true for people who settle. Those are the same people who pay over MSRP because they can't wait or are in a bind and have to get a car. I'm not spending money on something I don't want or over sticker for a mass produced vehicle.
Sponsored