First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got another one. I don't care if the Bronco gets scratches , dings, or paint swirls. It's only a matter of time before I go through the brush and take some scrapes. Sure, I'll protect it, do everything I can to keep it from rusting, but I won't baby it either.
Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got another one. I don't care if the Bronco gets scratches , dings, or paint swirls. It's only a matter of time before I go through the brush and take some scrapes. Sure, I'll protect it, do everything I can to keep it from rusting, but I won't baby it either.
I agree, I think a lot of these Broncos will look even better once they age and get a little beat up. My favorite Jeeps arenā€™t the shiny new ones, they are the ones that get character over time from getting used.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok back to bronco stuff šŸ¤£
For an SUV that's supposed to be modded, Ford didn't make it easy

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

donā€™t matter what exhaust you put on it. Still sounds like a 6 cylinder charger. Fart fart fart.
This. I come from the "muscle car" world, where they make a difference and sound better. I have listened to videos posted and all I could hear was a Honda Civic with a fart can on it.

Sponsored

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

NotThatScott

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D & 1958 Willys Utility Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just participated in the Texas Off-Roadeo over the weekend, and was stunned at the features, and capabilities of the Bronco, and - as a lifelong Surfer - I experienced a pang of anxiety that Ford may have created the Stand Up Paddleboard Equivalent for Off-roading*

I watched very inexperienced drivers, in factory vehicles, clear obstacles that would have almost certainly cost them serious damage to their vehicle, or at least a heap of pride, and a good amount of recovery time in years past. I'm still just blown away by the control I saw in these vehicles.

My worry is that a well-moneyed, inexperienced, possibly over-confident, but fabulously equipped group of drivers may get out on trails in new Broncos, and generate some ill-will towards the entire badge.

Admittedly, advancements in jeeps have created leaps in capabilities, and cash has always been king of off-road capabilities, but it was really all within the same few badges on trails, and Bronco has only now returned with a viable off-road offering. I could see some haters.

I'm not saying it's a certainty, It could go the other way, and the Bronco delivers so well that everyone is envious of our great vehicles! but, what I saw made me realize that Bronco makes it really easy to do what used to be really hard stuff, and I've seen that quality generate ill will towards the people using that sort of equipment in the past.

*For those not into surf culture, there is a lot of friction between regular, local, surfers and - typically visiting - SUP Surfers, because a SUP is far easier to catch smaller, or unfavorable waves with, but in the process, the SUP surfer disrupts the line up, and most of the people doing it are just trying it out, and would never attempt the break on a regular surfboard, and can often be nuisance or even a hazard. So, SUP Surfers are perceived as a big, highly visible - possibly hazardous - greenhorn coming in for a set to just try it out.

Last edited:

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@NotThatScott

I hear what you are saying. Fringe sports/activities change in irrevocable ways when the masses get involved. I experienced that with my passion sport - disc golf - and watched the culture and anonymity I loved erode into a mass-market business. The technology evolved to allow average people to do things easily that were previously reserved for the elite. While thatā€™s sad, it also has resulted in a lot more support from mainstream sources. More places to play, more people to meet, more recognition for accomplishments. The elite pro athletes are getting paid 100x today what they were before. The average Joe has so many more options than ever. Is it the same as it was? Certainly not. Is it better? Maybe. Is it inevitable? Absolutely.

off-road adventure has been experiencing this steadily over the last decade or so. There are some parts of that growth I donā€™t like. There are others I love. I think the biggest benefit is the fact that the Bronco exists at all. If the market wouldnā€™t support competing products, we wouldnā€™t have them.

Sponsored

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Late to the party but here is my unpopular opinion-
The IH Scout II is the best looking 4x4 ever made and my rust bucket ā€˜77 Scout was more fun than my pristine ā€˜71 Bronco.
The 2 door 6G is too short and the 4 door is too long but Iā€™ll get a 4 door and imagine it as a 4 door Scout Traveler.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey you're not wrong, I'm just saying I would have appreciated it if Ford had looked at the last 5ish years of Jeep colors and said "We can do better" rather than "Let's play it safe"

Or done what VW recently did with the Spektrum program šŸ˜šŸ˜

826527_81_79340_lUDTTZ3ev.jpg
BTW, remembering this conversation from a while back, Porsche just launched their "paint to sample" program which gives you essentially a historic color pallet on any of their products.

Price starts at $11,430 to pick your own paint color. I'LL TAKE TWO!!!!!

https://www.porsche.com/usa/modelstart/all/

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
BTW, remembering this conversation from a while back, Porsche just launched their "paint to sample" program which gives you essentially a historic color pallet on any of their products.

Price starts at $11,430 to pick your own paint color. I'LL TAKE TWO!!!!!

https://www.porsche.com/usa/modelstart/all/
Hey, if I was spending a couple hundred grand on a car you better believe I'd pay another $11k for a color I love!