First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D & 1958 Willys Utility Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, the take rate on the 2 door is pretty low. By far most people want a four door. So maybe that’s why it is unpopular. Something like 75-80% want a four door.

It’s just the few two door owners seem to be salty about their door count and post a lot about it being somehow “better” or more “real”.

I think this is more of an online forum thing. Out wheeling or at meets over the years I don’t ever remember anyone making much of a fuss about this in the Jeep world. I mean, there are some of us with 2 doors and some with four door wranglers and we all do the same trails. We do pick on each other about some things but door count was not one of them.
I own a 2-door, Manual Transmission w/Rear Locking Diff. And seriously - not hating - I never thought much of long wheel base, automatic, 4wd vehicles, because it just seemed like those were always the ones getting recovered from trails and from snow. (I'm looking at you, Tacomas in Tacoma this year in the snow storm, stuck in the ditches by the side of the road!)

But I tell you what... I was just at the Texas Bronco Off-Roadeo, and I will forever more shut the hell up about long wheel base automatics! I saw these 4 Door Broncos do amazing things.

Now, Easy math tells us that the longer your wheel base is, the shallower your breakover angle is, right? Okay, so there is just no way to debate that; an equally seated vehicle with a shorter wheel base will enjoy a marginally higher breakover angle. Done.

But, what Ford has done with combining breaking, throttle, and traction control... and on-the-fly lockers, and stay bar release!!! TRAIL TURN ASSIST?!?!?!? If you have Trail Turn assist on your Bronco, I want you to go out to a beach today, and do some donuts, and just... do that....

The old biases are getting outdated really quickly, and where my own Bronco is a classic off-road minimalist configuration, the driving features in the Automatic Bronco are actually better than the control I can get by just clutching. There it is! I said it.
Sponsored

Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My unpopular opinion is that ALL existing orders prior to 2022 will be filled by the end of August.

A friend's cousin's baby sister's older brother that has a friend that works at FMC said so... on the internet.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My unpopular opinion is that ALL existing orders prior to 2022 will be filled by the end of August.

A friend's cousin's baby sister's older brother that has a friend that works at FMC said so... on the internet.
But what did your dealer say? 💁🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This thread is like going to a family counselor, and the counselor says, "Okay, don't hold back... tell each other what you really think".

And then you DO! 😲
I'm loving this thread - it is totally getting me through my Thursday at work!

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I'm sure that after 79 pages it is statistically improbable that no one has brought this up, but I haven't seen it, so:

All the cutesy names and backronyms for some of the features on the Bronco are downright cringe-worthy. GOAT modes? Hero switches? HOSS suspension? Can't imagine the Venn diagram of people who buy Broncos and people who use axe body spray has much overlap. I swear the marketing lead for the Bronco cut their teeth making kids toys commercials in the 90s.

I feel a pang of empathy for the Ford engineers who turned out such a capable vehicle, then have to stand up in front of people and talk about their work using these terms with enthusiasm, or at the very least a straight face.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I'm sure that after 79 pages it is statistically improbable that no one has brought this up, but I haven't seen it, so:

All the cutesy names and backronyms for some of the features on the Bronco are downright cringe-worthy. GOAT modes? Hero switches? HOSS suspension? Can't imagine the Venn diagram of people who buy Broncos and people who use axe body spray has much overlap. I swear the marketing lead for the Bronco cut their teeth making kids toys commercials in the 90s.

I feel a pang of empathy for the Ford engineers who turned out such a capable vehicle, then have to stand up in front of people and talk about their work using these terms with enthusiasm, or at the very least a straight face.
I know, right? Names like Sasquatch and Wildtrak and Area 51 and MIC… So dumb.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know, right? Names like Sasquatch and Wildtrak and Area 51 and MIC… So dumb.
I have an Eruption Green, but what actually IS green that erupts?
Sponsored