Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This means a lot more people will be opting for the Sasquatch package.
It certainly cemented my decision to wait for the Badlands ManSquatch.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interesting question: so if we choose late availability badmanSquatch, how much do they charge for that option? Will it be the same $2500 as badautoSquatch or somewhere between the $1700 for the 285/70 MT plus wheels and the $2500?

(Edit) I am beginning to give up on the idea of waiting for MY 22, and lean towards picking either late avail manSquatch or late avail Black modular top in order to get the Bronco in a reasonable time frame, but allow Ford to work the kinks out of the supply chain and production processes.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting question: so if we choose late availability badmanSquatch, how much do they charge for that option? Will it be the same $2500 as badautoSquatch or somewhere between the $1700 for the 285/70 MT plus wheels and the $2500?
I assume it would be the same $2500. Can't imagine a reason that Ford will give a discount for the ManSquatch.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thats a Badlands with the 285s right? Man thats gotta be cutting it close for a 315 when turned. Im thinking maybe Ford made them removable for the squatches and they will come without those extensions?
Yes, the 2DR Trail Rig. The rear bar might cross the plane, but just barely. Remove two bolts, and it looks to slide right out.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I assume it would be the same $2500. Can't imagine a reason that Ford will give a discount for the ManSquatch.
They’re not changing to a 4.7 gear ratio like they do on the Auto. (I am betting the “free 4.7” on the auto is a B&P bug.)

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hopefully some of you experts can comfirm my math but since this pic shows “ET55“ stamped on the wheel, that ET55 means a positive offset of 55mm (which when converted to inches is 2.16”). So, since this is a 17 x 8” wheel then the centerline of the wheel is at 4” and if you add 2.16” to that it means this that the backspacing is 6.16”. So, to sum it up, we now should have the specs on this wheel. Again, someone check me here but below should be the specs for the optional Badlands wheel:

The Optional Badlands wheel is a 17 x 8” wheel, with 6 x 5.5” (or 6 x 139mm) with a 55mm offset and 6.17” of backspacing.
Just a point of clarification, not that it really matters if we keep the discussion to offset, but offset is measured from the centerline, which we all know and backspacing from the wheel edge, which we all know. The part missing, is wheel width is measured from the tire seating area, and not the outside edge. Backspacing is measured from the outside edge. So, an 8" wheel is 8" inside the lip, but overall width is 9".

To make that more relevant to the conversation, and as an example, an 8" wheel with 0mm offset has 4.5" backspacing, not 4" as might be thought; centerline (middle of 8" is 4", right) is 0mm offset, but backspacing isn't the center of 8" for an 8" wheel, it's 4.5" for an 8" wheel (center of 9" overall width). That's something I see mis-quoted from time to time because people don't realize the width of a wheel is the inner measurement and not the overall width of the wheel, from which backspacing is measured.

Your math may still be right, I didn't check it, but the statement, "since this is a 17 x 8” wheel then the centerline of the wheel is at 4”" is mis-stated. Centerline of a 17" x 8" wheel is 4.5".

Last edited:

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is getting way too technical for me ?. Making it easy on myself and going Sasquatch with 35’s.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!
My big takeway is they are die cast....no thanks. I prefer forged for off road use.

Now on to see if the squatch version is cast or forged, I doubt forged. Cheap azz OEMs.
Most aftermarket wheels are cast too. Which is disappointing, at best. It's entirely too difficult to find a good looking off-road oriented forged wheel. The Sasquatch wheels have been listed in the various materials as being forged since the reveal though.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can't wait for Sasquatch backspacing confirmation.. PLEASE someone grab it if you can crawl under a prototype..