Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anybody get pics of the crash bar situation on the nonSquatch Overland with 315s?
Heres the Overland rig and you can see ford did unbolt and remove the crash bars to make these tires fit. If you see my zoomed in pic below you can see the longer portion of the crash bar has been removed (this is how the squatch Crash bar looks).

Ford Bronco Wheel offset confirmed for optional Badlands wheel (+55 offset) F96B7992-F1E4-400B-9D26-92BF41B5186D

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
no issues with fitment but then your wheel will be lug centric and not hub centric.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That commentary was pretty much exactly what I was expecting before even watching! How hard would it be to even remove the fender?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks!
My big takeway is they are die cast....no thanks. I prefer forged for off road use.

Now on to see if the squatch version is cast or forged, I doubt forged. Cheap azz OEMs.
Good question, since the optional Badlands wheel is supposed to be forged...
Ford Bronco Wheel offset confirmed for optional Badlands wheel (+55 offset) wheels

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. Maybe he didn’t have a cutoff wheel?
2. I assume he couldn’t cut all the way they the bar with a sawsall without also cutting into something else.
3. Do you seriously think it would be easier to take the bumper off than cut the bar?
4. Am I in the Twilight Zone?

Deleted member 13702

So I've gone back and forth between this tire and wheel set up, or the stock badland rims. I thought these would allow me to go bigger later and keep the bead lock, but that doesn't seem to be the case, any comparison to the stock BL rim as far as offset?

B&P tool is junk as it shows the upgraded tire and wheel package as increasing the size to Sasquatch level, when I think it will look exactly like the stock set up, just a different Rim.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anybody get pics of the crash bar situation on the nonSquatch Overland with 315s?
Yes, the photo you quoted actually shows my elbow as I lay under the vehicle confirming it's the exact same crash bar as Ranger.

@damarble was distracting the Bronco "handlers" while I shimmied under the rig.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought cup holders were bad, now its removable crash bars with a wrench.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I thought cup holders were bad, now its removable crash bars with a wrench.
I fail to understand your connection. It's not the frame of the vehicle and it passes NHTSA crash test standards. It also has limited/no impact on the safety cell of the vehicle.

Modern crash structures are designed to absorb energy instead of repel or resist it. It's how people live through accidents these days.... The car is disposable.

Some salty dogs today! Good thing my signature does overtime these days on Bronco6G.

Edit: You probably understand this vastly more than Ford does or anybody on here, but I fond the ductility and shear strength of bolts fascinating! Turns out the force necessary to break those bolts on the crash bar would be so high that surviving the accident in the first place is questionable. Wow, science!

https://www.fastenal.com/content/feds/pdf/Article - Bolted Joint Design.pdf

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I fail to understand your connection. It's not the frame of the vehicle and it passes NHTSA crash test standards. It also has limited/no impact on the safety cell of the vehicle.

Modern crash structures are designed to absorb energy instead of repel or resist it. It's how people live through accidents these days.... The car is disposable.

Some salty dogs today! Good thing my signature does overtime these days on Bronco6G.

Edit: You probably understand this vastly more than Ford does or anybody on here, but I fond the ductility and shear strength of bolts fascinating! Turns out the force necessary to break those bolts on the crash bar would be so high that surviving the accident in the first place is questionable. Wow, science!

https://www.fastenal.com/content/feds/pdf/Article - Bolted Joint Design.pdf
How dare you with your science talk. /s

giphy.gif
Sponsored