First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the EPA fuel economy ratings are already determined. Just not published for us to see yet. Manufacturers do their own testing.

Ford Bronco When must Ford provide MPG estimates? 1619579753068

No entries in the EPA website for the real Bronco yet.
Ford Bronco When must Ford provide MPG estimates? 1619579945584
Sponsored

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean, at 15,000 miles/year, assuming ~$4/gal, that's a $1,000/year difference in gas costs between 15mpg and 20mpg. It's not nothing for people who are maybe on the fence or people who are not as gung-ho Bronco or nothing consumers on this board.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you’re squeezing nickels like that, why would you be ordering this rig sight unseen? You should be in the sedan section.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I expect unofficial leaks will start showing up on window stickers once production begins.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Wrangler with auto, 4.56's and 315's gets about 14 combined on 91. It's a 5300 pound brick. If I drove easier and slower I might see 15 combined and if I drove freeway at 65 or less I might be 16. I really don't care. IMO, the Bronco MPG will depend a lot on the way it's equipped. A 4 door with 2.7 and 35's SAS driven for fun will get about 15-16 around town if ya stay out of the turbo. How many will cancel the order due to low MPG,,,, Get a Sport if you ever want to see 20+.

Sponsored

rlondeen

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The current average price for gas is 2.85. so your calculations are off.
And if this is a determining factor for a purchase then it means you do not have the money to buy the car and should definitely not buy it.
$2.58 here in Texas... that'd come out to $650 / year ... totally worth it.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything above 15mpg and I’m good with it. I would love to see 20, but I’m not too concerned. I am 100% remote until mid-august and after that it’s looking like my work is going hybrid so even less weekly miles than I planned on. (If I ever get this thing :rolleyes:)

16-18 is what I expected, but I’m not surprised if it’s a bit lower.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guessed the 4dr sas.2.7 will get 19.2 average

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's going to be worse than Ranger. More weight and worse aerodynamics.

2.3 base 2drs miiiight match Ranger if we're lucky.
Yes. I figure worse than a ranger and better than an f150.....

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

LOL gas mileage - it will suck on Badlands and up, and suck on Squatch. It’ll be ok on 2.3 lower trims. The specific numbers don’t really matter.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will be interesting for sure to see what the ratings are. I usually do better than the ratings driving with my "light" foot. I average 23.5 with my 2019 Silverado 4 X 4 Double Cab with a 5.3 for example.

Around 20 will be good- especially if it has power and can keep up with traffic.

My 97 Wrangler with 4.0 I6 nets mid teens and it can't get out of it's own way by today's standards and has only 180 HP. It's a gas guzzler compared to my Silverado. So high teens or low 20's and keeping up with traffic, being able to go 65-70 consistently in the Bronco will be a huge bonus for me.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't forget to take into account temperature and air density!
🤦‍♂️
As it's been said, you're not getting a Bronco if you're worried about it... It gets what it gets, and I'll be happy just having it!

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems that there are two types of people on the forum, those interested in mileage/range, and those not. I appreciate that you tried to ward the latter off with your initial post, but it never seems to work. There are people on here that apparently would be happy to drive a Bronco in gallons per mile. The silent majority would appreciate quality powertrain engineering and will probably drive conservatively at least on the hwy if not everywhere except off-road, and a few stop lights.

These two groups are also going to report very different real world results, there are probably folks here who could manage sub 15 mpg even if you gave them a 100 hp NA diesel. I absolutely expect the 2.3 to achieve combined over 20, if not mid 20's for the hypermilers. The 2.7 should absolutely get at least 20 on the hwy at reasonable speeds (sub 80). Obviously gearing and tires play a role in this, but there is a reason the OEM doesn't ship the Bronco with boggers, I imagine that even the sasquatch should return reasonable mileage in OEM form. If the Bronco could not manage over 15 squatched with reasonable driving habits I would be absolutely disgusted. Not because I want a Prius, or cant afford the gas, but because it would be shameful lazy engineering. Perhaps I have high expectations, but hey, I work there! In short if you know how to drive reasonably conservatively I wouldn't be too worried.
Sponsored

Last edited: