Sponsored

Which Bronco configuration will be worth more in 10 years?

bronc0000

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Wilderness
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have on order 1/4/22 a Base, Manual, SAS, 2DR. I am thinking of changing to the 2.7 AUTO. Which build do you believe will be worth more in 10 years?
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The manual.

Look at 10 year old Jeeps or Mustangs. The manuals always command a couple thousand dollar premium.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The same in 10 years. Neither is special. Unless you just park them , maybe if you don’t drive it can be worth something in 10 years
This is the right answer. Buy the one you want to drive for 10 years not the one you think will be worth more.

If Ford has their way, they’ll be selling a quarter million of these Broncos per year. The death of the manual and the ICE are greatly exaggerated, both will be options when you buy your next Bronco.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Neither...the 2021-202? Broncos will be know as the lemon years and nobody will want them ;)

The one thing I can say is that trims will hold value more than packages. So for example a wild track will hold its value more than I built up outer Banks.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The death of the manual and the ICE are greatly exaggerated, both will be options when you buy your next Bronco.
Very, very true this. Eventually the global warming issue will stop scaring people, and we'll move on to something else.

"Buy the one you want to drive for 10 years not the one you think will be worth more."
Also very true. There's an adage that in collectables (art, antiques, Hummel figurines, etc.) buy those things you admire and enjoy owning and looking at, not things you expect to appreciate in value. In other words, things you appreciate, not things you expect to "appreciate."

Minor note: I own an in-the-box Jar-Jar Binks desk clock which I absolutely adore!

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No offense but in be 10 years it's just going to be a 10 y/o used vehicle. KBB and dealer guides give you more for added options, higher trim level, etc but only a fraction of what you're paying at purchase. To me the most important factor is going to be milage and condition, then options but others may see it differently.

Sponsored

MidasWhale

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche boxster, Subaru forester, Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Low mileage and originality(no mods) would help

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have on order 1/4/22 a Base, Manual, SAS, 2DR. I am thinking of changing to the 2.7 AUTO. Which build do you believe will be worth more in 10 years?
The bigger engine will always be more desirable.

If we look at the used Jeep Wrangler market, the 4 doors, Rubicon models and V-6s have always had a higher resale value than 2 doors, non-Rubis and 4 cyl. models.

Translated into Bronco, that'd be the 4 door and the Badlands, Wildtrak, FE models and anything with the Sasquatch package.

I think the Base Squatches will have a following, because they are the stripped model with the bigger axles, lockers etc. But that's me and I am a little biased towards the Base Squatch, LoL!

Limited colors
X2 on that.
Sponsored