Sponsored

Who does 5-tire rotations? Getting pushback from service.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just had my first service and the dealer refused to do a 5 tire rotation just saying its policy. Gonna find a new dealer for the future, but does anyone think there will be any issues if I just swap the rear right and the spare myself?
Damn, you need a new service dealer. Will it kill them to follow your instructions? You should show them googled info.

Just had my 5-tire rotation 2 weeks ago at Les Schwab for free out here in PNW. I marked the tires and was able to verify the rotation.
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never do 5 tire. I still have the orignal spare on my Jeep. I rotate 4 tires, normally get 60K per set. Can't rotate 5 on my F-150. Spare is on a steel wheel.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

just took it in for first service and got the same lip service of no TPS in the spare... And I said it's in the owner's manual. It needs a hard re set by the tech and will not be detected at first.....

Waiting to hear back as the tech and service advisor are chewing on the tire rotation bulletin. Hope that I don't have to put my foot down šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ .

So much disconnect with service departments and reality.

Then again I said you guys probably are looking at the clock to know when to go home and these forums and tidbits of insider info just gets in the way right? they looked at each other and shook their heads up and down and said..... next customer

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
just took it in for first service and got the same lip service of no TPS in the spare... And I said it's in the owner's manual. It needs a hard re set by the tech and will not be detected at first.....

Waiting to hear back as the tech and service advisor are chewing on the tire rotation bulletin. Hope that I don't have to put my foot down šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ .

So much disconnect with service departments and reality.

Then again I said you guys probably are looking at the clock to know when to go home and these forums and tidbits of insider info just gets in the way right? they looked at each other and shook their heads up and down and said..... next customer
So, what ended up happening?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I told my dealership on the first oil change to do a 5 tire rotation. No pushback at all and the tpms works like itā€™s suppose to. Seems that lots have under qualified service managers

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, what ended up happening?
Well, they agreed to the fact that it should be done. As it states in the manual. They said we canā€™t detect the spare sensorā€¦. But yet agreed that it should have it.

He needed more time as the shop is super busy as they are always short handed with people out!
First service at 2400 with coupon 76 bucks
Cant beat that anywhere.

I gave them the grace they needed to resolve this in the coming week or weeks. I let the sales guy know as well.

I did complain about the wobbly windows too šŸ˜ˆ

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I told my dealership on the first oil change to do a 5 tire rotation. No pushback at all and the tpms works like itā€™s suppose to. Seems that lots have under qualified service managers
Same. I've used 2 different dealers and both times no issues at all - 5 tire rotation easy peasy.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait, what? The all wheels have TPS? I have a day 1 Reservation on a 2021 Wildtrak. My spare does not have one....šŸ¤”

Am I the only one and I only do 4 tire rotation.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my ford dealer does it and all spares have tpms.

5-10k unbalance is laughable.

i'd rather replace 5 at once in a longer interval vs keep a dry rotted spare.

imo if there is this much bs with rotations imagine the other things. find a new dealer.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, they agreed to the fact that it should be done. As it states in the manual. They said we canā€™t detect the spare sensorā€¦. But yet agreed that it should have it.

He needed more time as the shop is super busy as they are always short handed with people out!
First service at 2400 with coupon 76 bucks
Cant beat that anywhere.

I gave them the grace they needed to resolve this in the coming week or weeks. I let the sales guy know as well.

I did complain about the wobbly windows too šŸ˜ˆ
Well looks like my service center is a bunch off freeking liers
Just got around to posting this as I confirmed today.

Not only did they lie and say my spare has no TPS sensor they didnā€™t even try to take the tire off the dang cobwebs are still there. What bunch of huge A holes WTFā€¦

I just rotated the 5 wheel over to the rear pass side and sure enough the TPS works no problem. It took less the 20 min to swap it.

Should I give the service and the advisor a bad review?

This is North County Ford in Vista Ca do not take your vehicle in there. I called the service guy and told him I am rotating the tire my self and your technician is asshat. He responded ahhh you donā€™t need to do that. I am like what a D bag.

IMG_5179.jpeg

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait, what? The all wheels have TPS? I have a day 1 Reservation on a 2021 Wildtrak. My spare does not have one....šŸ¤”

Am I the only one and I only do 4 tire rotation.

How do you know your spare doesn't have one, because it should?

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To all the service advisors, techs, and Ford employees reading this threadā€¦

We get it. Youā€™re human. And many of you - most, even - are competent, informed, and hard working. HOWEVERā€¦

Is it really hard to understand all the ā€hateā€ for dealerships when you see stories like this? Maybe Iā€™m misinformed, but when a manufacturer starts producing an all-new vehicle (or even a refresh on an existing one, for that matter), do you not receive some kind of training manuals or bulletins that lay out differences in maintenance techniques? Or peculiarities with the new vehicle they should know about? I mean, think of the Mach E and the Lightning. Iā€™m quite certain Ford didnā€™t just tell all their service advisors to treat them like any other Mustang or F150 when servicing them, right?

Like, seriously, Ford never made it clear to their service departments that the Bronco has self-learning TPMS, and that thereā€™s a sensor in the spare? Really? Is there anything else they should know? Because there are quite a few features on the Bronco that are unique within the Ford lineup! What happens if a tech hits the sway bar disconnect switch on somebodyā€™s BL? Are they going to replace the whole SB system because itā€™s ā€œbrokenā€?

I realize the last thing techs want to hear is some Joe off the street telling them about what they read on the internet. But you shouldnā€™t just dismiss people right off the bat. Think about how many widespread issues have been exposed by actual Bronco owners here on B6G that dealerships flat-out disregarded and denied, only to have some of them end up as recalls and/or TSBā€™sā€¦

It seems like some of these dealers spend more time training their employees about billing policies than vehicle maintenance.

ā€What?! Iā€™ve never heard of that before, and nobody ever does it. I guess we can try it, but itā€™ll be $168.70 plus tax for the parts and 1.3 hours of laborā€¦ā€
The short answer is the fact that Ford wasnā€™t sure how many quarts of oil the Bronco engines required. Kinda sums it up.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm at 13k miles and haven't done a 5-tire rotation yet. I realize I should of after reading this thread. At this point, am I too late and just keep doing 4-tire rotations, or better to think "better late than never"? I likely have extra wear on my 4-tires from off-roading frequently too. I just don't want to create a very uneven ride if I'm now introducing the 5th tire at 13k miles. Thank you.

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've only gotten one rotation on my Bronco so far. The service guy asked if I wanted the spare rotated as well and I told him yes. But when they were done it hadn't been rotated. He said they forgot, though I'm suspicious if it was a "they forgot on purpose" kind of situation. We'll see what happens next time.

wiingnut

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F-350 , '19 Mustang GT , '22 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No problem here. I asked the dealer to do 5 tire rotation, they did it with no questions asked, and they marked the direction of rotation on the invoice.
Sponsored