Sponsored

Who is Paying These Used Bronco Prices??????

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have two buddies that buy a lot of vehicles and toys and have already sold their broncos at a profit. The novelty wore off and they are on to the next thing, in one case a new GMC truck and in the other, a new boat. FWIW, boats have gone up in price more than cars since COVID started two years ago. My buddy just paid $285k for a 28 foot Chris Craft, lol. It’s a world gone mad.
Sponsored

Caribou

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, once the novelty wears off and the Bronco population grows a bit, it will settle down. Then some owners including dealers will find themselves way upside down.
Buy a Bronco if you want one. If you don't plan to keep it, then get out of the way of those who do.

jphillips2

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Supercrew 4x4 Sport 3.5 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the Bronco Raptors going to do? The F150 Raptors are still holding strong all these years later. I have an order in for a Raptor (not a Golden Ticket holder), and I did pay over MSRP for it. But I still believe it is a good investment as far as cars go. I can easily see these selling for $40-$50k over MSRP for a while.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just sold my "temporary" Bronco to a luxury used car dealer since my actual order is just about built. Received $72k for my $54k MSRP Wildtrak. They sold it the very same day for $78k. I had 4 online offers in the 70k range.

I did notice that Bronco Facebook groups is NOT the place to sell a Bronco. The people willing to pay 20k over want to buy from a car retailer.

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just ran my 2dr BD with 6500 miles, offered me 10% over MSRP.

And I just checked on my Mach E reservation; supposed to be built in July. Tempting for sure, especially with gas @ $5+. Not to mention the $7500 tax credit on the mach E.

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I've been flipping new vehicles since 2019. I've never paid above MSRP and made $ on every vehicle I've bought and sold. If you have time, patience and skill, its free money.

Buy a vehicle and drive it for a couple months, sell it or trade it in on another.

My Ford dealer really wants my 6" lifted 2019 F-350 SRW 4X4 diesel w 20k miles. Told them I'd trade straight up for a Raptor Bronco or a loaded Raptor F150. I got a 10K discount under MSRP on the F 350 which was still good when I bought it Nov 2019. Even with the lift, tires and wheels added in, I would clear 30k profit.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Who is Paying These Used Bronco Prices?????? 1654781374061

Cant fix stupid, but its a great discounted deal.

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A dealer that my shop does some work for came to pick up a car and shortly after I got a call from the sales manager asking to sell them my 2 door BD, I told him he would have to pay for it to compensate for my long suffering and wait time, so I threw out $60k, he offered $50, that's where the convo stopped.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn’t buy my Bronco to flip as an investment.

I got the Bronco to nourish my world weary soul. I also brought the Bronco to teach my 16yo Daughter to not accept the banal, boring automotive designs offered in today’s market.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctem and Carpe Viam.

Hopefully the Bronco will inspire her to take the road less traveled especially if it’s still unpaved

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll let my daughter or future grandkids worry what the 2047 Blue Book is on my 2021 Bronco 2D Base

Last edited:

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mean... the smart financial thing to do is obviously sell it. Where else in the world can you get a 33%+ return on $30k in a year or so's time? If you don't mind waiting again, sure do it. I'd ask for $50k though personally and sell it yourself - don't take the easy way out and short yourself, get every dime you can. The going rate seems to be about $20k over sticker from what I've seen. I watch auctions quite a bit and a lot of stock Big Bends are going for about $60k and they sticker around $40k in 4-door form.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know what Carvana you all are using but they are offering me less than what I paid for mine.
yeah, I'm not seeing anything like what folks are getting from Carvana. Maybe they are entering higher trim or other options by mistake.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

True. And
yeah, I'm not seeing anything like what folks are getting from Carvana. Maybe they are entering higher trim or other options by mistake.

It's your region / market. I've seen a $3K difference on a Mustang sell offer from Carvana (Same trim, year and mileage) based on a Northern VA zip code vs another zip code in the same state.

Here is the Black Book on a '22 2dr BB w/ mid package and 2K miles

Ford Bronco Who is Paying These Used Bronco Prices?????? black book trade in VA.JPG

Note the Finance Advance.....that's what banks will lend on this car. $60K look at the MSRP above that.

Black book is based on dealer auctions and prices paid.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am completely torn over here, for the fun of it two weeks ago I put my 2021 2DR base bronco through Carvana pricing to see what they gave for an offer. I was shocked to see $40,600 on my $29,995 build. Well last night I entered it again and the offer is now up to $46,000 for a base bronco with manual trans. I'm highly contemplating just selling and re-ordering through my dealer again at MSRP which would now be $32,995 for the same truck and about another year or so wait after the August ordering resumes again. Who in their right mind is paying these prices that Carvana is willing to pay me $46k??????
I'm pretty sure these high prices will be gone once this hyper inflation starts strangling the economy. Its probably a good time to flip.
Sponsored