Sponsored

Whoa, Nellie! Avg monthly payment > $700.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn man, do you even get a chance to enjoy life? I won’t have 1500 hrs of OT in three lifetimes.
Yep. They want to throw double time money at me I'll take it though.
Sponsored

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven't financed a car or motorcycle since I was in my 20's. Years ago, I decided that I did not want to go into debt for depreciable assets. I could either pay for it in cash or I could wait. And that has not changed in 35 years. Not judging - it is just what I decided to do.
I hear you. Frugal lifestyle and lots of hours at work. I was going to buy a new FJ Cruiser off the lot back in 2012. Didn't feel right at the time. So, I took a wait and see approach and just kept on waiting and saving. Now, lookee what Ford brought back! The timing is right as I am close to retirement. Or work a little longer. See what the economy does. Either way.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My payment will below $700, but the only other debt I’m holding is my home. I have about $100k in available credit but no credit card debt.

Bronco will allow the wife and I to do more outdoor activities and make some great memories.

Redcobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition, 2020 Escape, 1970 Galaxie XL Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Next weekend will be the 1st time ever for me paying MSRP for a vehicle. Found a Subaru dealer hat had whet the wife wanted at MSRP, $150 doc and $300 Lic. No dealer prep, Admin, or any other add on packages. Picked up the Bronco in Feb at below MSRP and put down enough cash to get the payment where I want them budget wise at 1.9%. Will put down enough on her Subaru to do the same thing at 3%.

Granddaughter just this week said she wanted to get a new vehicle, got her Master 6 months ago and has been working for 4 months making pretty good money. Her 09 Prius is running fine so not a need just a want. After talking to her we convinced her to make the new car payment to an online saving account paying 1% for the next year. Using online calculators to show what a 6K down payment can do to monthly payments to someone with critical thinking skills makes the sell easier.
How did you get a Bronco below msrp and what did you get??

Last edited:

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Expedition has a 34 gallon tank. It's awesome. I can fill up in Yuma, drive to San Diego, drive back, and not once buy gas at California prices.

Who cares if it costs twice as much to fill up when you only fill it half as often? That's the one thing that is truely going to really suck about my Bronco if Ford ever builds it, the itty bitty tiny-ass 16.9 gallon tank.
$160 to fill up vs $170 you sure showed them LMFAO

Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you get a Bronco below mstp and what did you get??
Had a dealer that agreed to under invoice when the order banks opened the 1st time. Walked out the door a little under MSRP once tax/documentation/registrations added. They where not happy but did honor what they agreed too. They did offer me 5K to walk away from it once it arrived.

4dr BL, 2.7,high package, hardtop, tow. 1st batch of 22 and arrived in Nov Feb.

Last edited:

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They Expy gets 15.4 in city traffic if my wife drives.
I get 16.5 in city traffic.
Open freeway doing 85 (posted 75) I get around 18 until I hit the mountains, then it drops back to the mid 16's.

3-valve Triton 5.4 . 2-weel drive Expedition EL. Weighs 6000 lbs.

If my Bronco gets 21 I'll be pretty happy. I did order a stick, which will help a lot.
Mine is a 2.3 Manual and I also try and run Eco mode as much as I can in town.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had a dealer that agreed to under invoice when the order banks opened the 1st time. Walked out the door a little under MSRP once tax/documentation/registrations added. They where not happy but did honor what they agreed too. They did offer me 5K to walk away from it once it arrived.

4dr BL, 2.7,high package, hardtop, tow. 1st batch of 22 and arrived in Nov.
How did you get a 2022 bronco in November? I thought the 12/20 build week was the first batch of 22s. The 12/13 build week was still 21s.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you get a 2022 bronco in November? I thought the 12/20 build week was the first batch of 22s. The 12/13 build week was still 21s.
Sorry for the mistake. It was Feb, I pulled up the email from ford to look at what MSRP was and that came in Nov.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine is a 2.3 Manual and I also try and run Eco mode as much as I can in town.
The various modes do nothing for gas mileage on a stick. All it does is change the feel of the accelerator pedal and soften the steering.

On the Auto it changes the shift points significantly. That will affect your mileage, but sometimes in very unintuitive ways. In my wife's F-150, I get best in town mileage in sport mode because it keeps gears longer, which corresponds to less boost.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where on earth did you get 2.5% on a 72 month term with little/no down? One of the best credit unions in my area is 3.85% best rate for 72 month with strong LTV down payment. 🤔
It's possible. Especially if the credit union has "tiers" or whatever you want to call them. Mine provides lower interest rates for active members... I was furtunate to swing a 2.15% at my CU.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's possible. Especially if the credit union has "tiers" or whatever you want to call them. Mine provides lower interest rates for active members... I was furtunate to swing a 2.15% at my CU.
Was this within the last two weeks?

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cars are a status symbol these days. People buy out of their means in some cases and immediately put themselves in a financial hole for 5+ years. I personally would never take out a loan longer than 4 years or have a payment over $500. Or even pay MSRP for a vehicle. That's my criteria I've always had for myself. That has made myself always pay off my vehicle before the length of my loan.
a $50k bronco on a 48 month loan with 10% down is $1,110 a month. to get it below $500, you would have to have a 65% down payment, or around $32k.
Even people making min wage working full time would be hard pressed to afford the cheapest new cars. like a mitsubishi mirage. used cars are just as expensive as brand new.
Most people in the US dont have the means to afford new modern cars.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

a $50k bronco on a 48 month loan with 10% down is $1,110 a month. to get it below $500, you would have to have a 65% down payment, or around $32k.
Even people making min wage working full time would be hard pressed to afford the cheapest new cars. like a mitsubishi mirage. used cars are just as expensive as brand new.
Most people in the US dont have the means to afford new modern cars.
That is why 5-6 and now 7/8 year loans are a thing.

The other thing is that people are keeping cars MUCH longer they did years ago. The average age of a car is over 10 years old...thankfully newer cars are much more reliable then they where 20-30 years ago.

I wouldn't say most people don't have the means to afford a new car. The median income in 2021 was almost 80K a year. The average cost of a house is 374,900.

A 2K a month mortgage on a house is considered affordable for an income of 80K a year along with $500 in other monthly debt.

Using another calculator-a $500 a month car payment with $5K down @ 5% (yeah I know that is high but just spit balling) you could afford a 30K car without much issue.

You can get a pretty decent car for that much an Escape or even a Bronco Sport.
Sponsored