Sponsored

Whoa, Nellie! Avg monthly payment > $700.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve known a lot of dudes that were the smartest men in the room. They played the interest rate borrowing game with vehicles, lost a job, or had an unexpected expense come up. First thing to go is an over-leveraged vehicle payment. Y’allliving on borrowed money better not stub your toe wrong, or it could all come crashing down. But, to each their own.
Don't disagree, but that's a function of borrowing the money more than once.

All things equal taking a loan that cheap is always the play. It's 50k either way you can either afford it or not, folks over leveraged have just borrowed outside their means
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve known a lot of dudes that were the smartest men in the room. They played the interest rate borrowing game with vehicles, lost a job, or had an unexpected expense come up. First thing to go is an over-leveraged vehicle payment. Y’allliving on borrowed money better not stub your toe wrong, or it could all come crashing down. But, to each their own.
Exactly-I’d rather have a lower payment then worrying about making a $800+ a month payment if something goes sideways.

outside of my Bronco, my only other major bill is a mortgage payment. I have a decent 401k/investments and money in the bank in savings too.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read all 8 pages and from what I gather most of you are over 50 and retired! Congrats!
i'm 52. nowhere close to retirement

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read all 8 pages and from what I gather most of you are over 50 and retired! Congrats!
Lol. 45 and putting in 80-90 a week here. Funds my bronco ocd issue. That’s what I look forward to doing on the weekend if I can set some time aside. Sunday morning is usually install something on the bronco time. Running out of parts to put on it. May have to actually start using it.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does your expedition get at least 10 miles to the gallon? My Bronco gets between 20 and 21 mpg.
They Expy gets 15.4 in city traffic if my wife drives.
I get 16.5 in city traffic.
Open freeway doing 85 (posted 75) I get around 18 until I hit the mountains, then it drops back to the mid 16's.

3-valve Triton 5.4 . 2-weel drive Expedition EL. Weighs 6000 lbs.

If my Bronco gets 21 I'll be pretty happy. I did order a stick, which will help a lot.

Omarius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love how it’s always the “I pay cash for my car” people that pontificate in these type of threads. I’d rather stay as liquid as possible with a looming recession. The cash is for time critical, once in a blue moon, get in now type of deals. Not buying a dumb car. If you can pay adm, you should gladly pay the interest to keep your 50k in your pocket.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love how it’s always the “I pay cash for my car” people that pontificate in these type of threads. I’d rather stay as liquid as possible with a looming recession. The cash is for time critical, once in a blue moon, get in now type of deals. Not buying a dumb car. If you can pay adm, you should gladly pay the interest to keep your 50k in your pocket.
Same here. Try to hold as much cash as possible. I always weigh between the interest and how much I can make investing what I would have paid cash. Usually a no brainer. Medium purchases (2-4k) I use affirm for a year. Most my funds are invested in hardware and ammo. Will be the only currency when shit goes sideways. Covid was great. My little nest egg of hardware has increased dramatically since that bs. Saving now for Black Friday. Figure we will see some killer deals because most will not be able to afford stuff.

But that’s just me. I can understand that other prefer no bills. That’s how my parents are.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They Expy gets 15.4 in city traffic if my wife drives.
I get 16.5 in city traffic.
Open freeway doing 85 (posted 75) I get around 18 until I hit the mountains, then it drops back to the mid 16's.

3-valve Triton 5.4 . 2-weel drive Expedition EL. Weighs 6000 lbs.

If my Bronco gets 21 I'll be pretty happy. I did order a stick, which will help a lot.
Driving defensively 19 in town 19-20 highway (still running in) 18 driving like I want, better than I was expecting.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't financed a car or motorcycle since I was in my 20's. Years ago, I decided that I did not want to go into debt for depreciable assets. I could either pay for it in cash or I could wait. And that has not changed in 35 years. Not judging - it is just what I decided to do.
Sponsored