Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You'd think by now they'd have it integrated into the door or B pillar? Personally I think they're ugly AF and look cheap! But if the Bronco has a fuel door like the Ranger you can stick it on the inside of that. Here's one on the Ranger mounted inside the fuel door.

Keypad:Fuel Door.jpg
The really stupid thing about it is the baby Bronco actually has it integrated into the pillar, hidden like many of the newer Fords. But they skimped on the bigger more expensive real Bronco...

Theres actually several things about the Sport that make one think Ford actually put more thought and effort into it than they did the big one.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
?

I don't want that.

I'll probably just go with the phone app but if it's free or cheap because of "FordPass Points", I'll consider it if I can get it installed behind the fuel door.
For the Ranger they're $100 on the Ford accessory site and it should be the same for the Bronco. I just use the app and it was supposed to be free for only 2 years but then they made it free for life.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m planning on adding it, but need to see how they implement it. With current vehicles, it’s usually on the door above the handle or in the b-pillar. My expedition has it in the b-pillar and you don’t even see it because they’re electrostatic buttons under the plastic that light up when you touch there. I don’t think Ford will put it on the door since the door is removable, but we’ve seen one pre-production unit with it on the door and looking really cheap and out of place so I’m sure that wasn’t the final design.

They’re a 5 digit combination code. Real handy if you need to lock up the vehicle and leave your keys and phone behind.
My 2017 Escape has the buttons under the plastic that light up but the ones for the Bronco are just stick on anywhere you want and they will stick out, not a good look imo?

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will be on the door. The frameless windows will cover the b pillar. I like it in my super duty for when I’m camping and don’t have my keys on me to grab stuff out of my truck. With intelligent access and push button start you cannot lock the vehicle with the key inside.
But you can lock your keys inside. Or at least I can on my 2018 Expedition. It has all the goodies like intelligent access, push button start, remote start, etc... You can lock your keys inside if you lock the vehicle from the keypad.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
?

I don't want that.

I'll probably just go with the phone app but if it's free or cheap because of "FordPass Points", I'll consider it if I can get it installed behind the fuel door.
The one you purchase if you have an xlt truck you cut a hole in the b pillar to pass the wire through. Gas tank option is not where it goes. It doesn’t lock anyway and is capless.

Sponsored

Hartzco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why wouldn’t everyone just use Fordpass on their phone to unlock? Won’t every Bronco have that????

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fugly Fugly Fugly
Change the actual pad to something you can’t see.... maybe but not that old as... look

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why wouldn’t everyone just use Fordpass on their phone to unlock? Won’t every Bronco have that????
It will but you need cell service. If you're up in the mountains hiking it might be spotty or if your phone dies your sol.

Last edited:

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who’s adding this to their build and why

How r they used anyways

25DC5BA7-086C-4432-9713-03CE1C777BBD.jpeg
I'll not own vehicle without it. The convenience of the keypad to me FAR outweighs any arguments against it...IMHO

It is patented by Ford, you won't find it on any other brand (besides Lincoln)

Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beans25

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition , F250 4x4, Wrangler TJ, CT90
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had the keypads on doors for years and never use them. To me it’s just another place for mud , wax and crap to get jammed in and under. Plus I will probably will rarely have the doors on anyway. Anymore with today’s cars you walk up touch the handle get in push the button and your gone. Now if they could just bypass pushing the brake pedal. These first world problems are getting pretty serious, right?

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2010 Ford Edge has it, and the 1999 Explorer before that! The best feature! I use it everyday. Being able to access the car without keys/fobs is great. Leave your stuff behind but secure when you want. I wouldn’t own a vehicle without it.
If you order it factory is it wired on the Bronco? My current one is. This is the first I have seen that you can pick the place it is positioned.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, sometimes we need to lock phone, etc.. in the car. I’m in the mountains a lot where there is no service anyway.