Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope Granger already told us they’ll give our market value from Car Max or whatever it is and we can check it 6-8 weeks ahead of delivery and make a decision.
I haven't heard that William, so thanks a bunch for posting. I felt like I could trust Granger to do the right thing. If they give me book value that's all I can ask.
Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand it would be impossible to give me a price on my trade when I order. So, I've got to trust my dealer won't try to screw me when we're a few weeks out from the Bronco arriving. I have no idea what I would do if that would happen.
they will screw you....be prepared.

Find a buyer that understands your situation, and pre-sell your vehicle. Offer an extra $250 or $500 to allow you to float the sell until your new car arrives. It will take an understanding buyer but it's possible especially if you get a good price. I personally have never heard of a dealer giving a decent price, unless you change markets...

ie... I bought my 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad for 33k out of Ohio, then it had it's full transmission replaced by dealer after $1000 miles because of a flaw. I wanted out, dealer gave me 31k for the trade in (PS at that time I lived in Texas and in the Southwest region Tacoma's go for 36k. It was also a manual transmission so super hot for them. I also got Toyota to give me a $1000 kickback from corporate so only a 1k loss on the vehicle. ... but the saga continues. So I traded for a 2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad Automatic transmission. (first automatic i've ever had). It drove like crap. I thought it was normal, but I finally took it in after 1,000 miles. Dealer found it was 3qt's low in transmission oil from the factory. So I basically broke my new vehicle in with only 72% of the transmission fluid. I wanted out again and sold it. Yelled at Toyota and they gave me a $2000 kick back. (Note: all of this happened within a 9month period). I was lucky and got out only taking a $900 total loss after 9months. Too much drama!

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't heard that William, so thanks a bunch for posting. I felt like I could trust Granger to do the right thing. If they give me book value that's all I can ask.
Now Granger.... that's another story, I trust them. Please let us know what they do for trade.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was also a manual transmission so super hot for them.
I've been wondering whether a manual trans helps or hurts when it comes to a trade-in.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here’s what I’ve done multiple times and had great success, takes a little bit of work but you wind up making a lot more money! Days before going to pick up my new vehicle I will shop 10 different dealerships giving them an ultimatum that by the end of the day submit your best and final offer for my trade-in only vehicle. Yeah it’s a little bit of work and it may take a couple days to drive around to each of the 10 dealerships but when you’re talking thousands of dollars difference between the low offer and higher offer it is well worth it! Then the next day when I go to purchase my new vehicle I showed them the signed offer from the other dealership and either they match it, beat it, or I traded my vehicle into the other dealership. I’ve done this a half dozen times over the last 30 years and it’s crazy the difference I’ve seen in offers even on cheaper trade in vehicles.

Reactions: djp

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use kajiji or whatever .ca you have. You will get a lot more and skip the guaranteed aggravation at the dealer. When you buy a car its all "we only make maybe $500 then they want to double the price of your trade in. I have had best luck with cars.com and autotrader.com not sure how well they do in your market.

What part of ON? My brother lives in Toronto. If you're closer to Windsor is there a chance of catching glimpses of the new Broncos? Too bad the border is closed. Maybe sell for more down here?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now Granger.... that's another story, I trust them. Please let us know what they do for trade.
Yeah, I didn't mention Granger in my first reply. I'm so far down the list I expect you'll have your Bronco well before I have to go through the trade-in process. :) But, I think they'll be fair.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2014 FJ if I can't find someone to buy it, which I don't think will be a problem.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have toyed with the idea of selling/trading in my low mileage f-150, but it is an extremely hard decision....I do love my truck! I have thought about selling one of my Mustangs, but I know I would regret that decision. The fact is......other than pictures, I have not laid my eyes on the new Bronco. I haven't drove it and haven't sat inside of it. That being said, I'm not 100% certain that I'm "in love" with it. I love the idea of owning it and love the way the pictures looks, but until it's delivered this Summer who knows?

My thought is this.......other than the $100 reservation fee, i'm not into this thing for anything other than time. I have not committed to anything. When my Bronco is delivered, if I don't "love" it, I can walk away from the dealership and let somebody else buy it. If I do buy the Bronco and driver it for a couple months and it's not everything I want it to be, more than likely I can sell it for the amount of money I have in it......if not more. Once we start taking delivery of these vehicles and they are in the general population, I feel like the interest/demand for them is going to climb even higher........and as we all know.....you can't just go by the dealership and pick one up off the lot.

That being said, I'm not going to sell something or trade something in that I am already attached to or "love" for a vehicle that I "may" like. It would be terrible, and a huge regret, to sell/trade in a vehicle for an unknown vehicle, then decide that unknown vehicle wasn't all you hoped it would be. Maybe I worry too much or am just overthinking it!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I specifically leased my current Grand Cherokee because I knew I would want out of it to buy a Bronco. Don't have to worry about depreciation or rolling over negative equity.

Sponsored

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have any tips or calculator link for determining the tax advantage of the trade in? Something to help the determine the minimum needed for the trade-in to come out even or ahead? I like how someone said their dealer will give them a trade-in amount 1 month out; gives you time to make a decision.
Tax here in Texas is 6.25%. If I trade in my vehicle the dealer deducts the trade-in value from the taxable sale price of the new vehicle. It lowers the tax bill by $625 per $10K USD of trade-in value.

Selling outright for $25K is equal to trading it in to the dealer for $23,438 @ 6.25% tax rate.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome! Yeah we probably new to check with Albert but he said that before forever ago.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Below is another approach to consider, offered up by @DealerInsider ...

Hi Marc...i also handle our C8 orders at my Chevy store, so I am well versed in the out of state trades...how ive always handled was to give the customer a # based on todays market and whether we need to pick it up or the customer will be shipping it...at that point I can purchase the trade before the vehicle gets here, or the customer can wait for the market # when their vehicle arrives...I had a customer in Louisiana that shipped both his trades...one i purchased when he ordered, the other he drove until he picked up...we use Manheim MMR and compare that to KBB and Black Book to come up with a #...if the customer wants a # in writing on an order and we have no ETA, I can commit to manheim mmr average the day they trade in...its a 3rd party and lets us know what the vehicle sold for at auction before sale fees and transport to the auction...

ill shoot you an email with the offer...

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will get offers from Carvana, Vroom and KBB before I trade. If the dealer does not match, (Maryland does not tax on trade so match -6%) I'll sell it to them. This is on a 2018 Trax I bought as a bridge vehicle waiting on the Bronco. My Sierra isn't going anywhere.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never heard of Vroom, for giggles I put my Tacoma in..... $500 lol my tires cost more than that. It's several thousand below the bottom KBB trade in value. Sound like it's easy though if you do get a decent price back but I'll spend a little time and do a private sale especially since used Tacoma prices always seem way high.
Sponsored