Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess it depends when you try to sell, but typically the fewer made models retain value better long term. After production, the 2dr manual will retain the most value long term, but probably not short term. If selling 2 years down the road, you probably want the most common vehicle to appeal to the most people, 4dr auto. Once this version of the Bronco is no longer made, the rarer varieties will be worth more, which will be the 2dr manuals.

People pay a premium for older Tacomas and FJs with manuals over the auto as there are just fewer of them and owners of manuals tend to keep their vehicles longer. Even older muscle cars get a premium for manuals and some are almost impossible to find for sale when autos are everywhere.

Me, I'm getting a 2dr manual and hope it never goes up for sale.
Whenever I see a used Wrangler at any dealership, it's priced pretty high regardless of the door configuration. I don't know if that's just dealers knowing people will spend the money for Jeeps but that could end up being the case for the Bronco.

I don't think anyone would see a return on the money spent on a Bronco unless you're keeping for 10+ years. I'd recommend anyone concerned with resale going with whatever one fits your need and worry out resale down the line.

I'm also going the two door manual route, just not sure what trim yet.
Sponsored

wy_overland

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the looks of both. I have been leaning towards the 4dr one latley due to the Ursa Minor topper. The wife and I do a lot of "Over-landing". We currently use a 2013 Tacoma and I do like having the bit of extra space the 4dr offers. But hey who knows till i actually place the order.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A 4 door with a SOFT TOP would allow you to open the top up and pull off and store the doors while out running around town. The 2 door would not allow that, with or without passengers. Just a thought.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Checking the specs on 2 door vs the 4 on the Bronco, they seem fairly close. What are you choosing and why? Which do you think will hold value better? Thanks!!
I love the looks of the four door over the two door. I think resale would be better on four door due to families. Two back seat space smaller as well as cargo area.

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the looks of the four door over the two door. I think resale would be better on four door due to families. Two back seat space smaller as well as cargo area.
I'm starting to lean toward the 2 door now. I don't have anyone for the back seat unless I start grabbing hitch hikers or kidnapping random adults......

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m pretty sure somewhere earlier on this thread you can find my reasoning for going 4 door. Scratch that, it’s old news. Here’s why I’m getting the 2 door ?:

1) Looks - So I don’t think the 2 door looks better outright, but it does on 32s/33s which makes it more versatile. I like that.

2) It’s more retro so I give it points for that.

3) More nimble and easier to maneuver on small trails

4) Cheaper

5) It’s all I really need space wise. If my girlfriend pops out a kid, she can use her psychologist money to get something bigger for us.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checking the specs on 2 door vs the 4 on the Bronco, they seem fairly close. What are you choosing and why? Which do you think will hold value better? Thanks!!
If folks are unaware the FJ comes with suicide doors. While the suicide doors adds to the cool factor, the width to get into the back seats can be tight.

The 4dr seems more practical in my opinion. It has a slightly bigger trunk space when the seats are folded down, it’ll be great for weekend family overland trips, and much easier to get into the back than suicide doors.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

started out with a four door big bend reservation...... then two door black diamond...... now my wife is wanting to stick with the four door big bend since it’s more practical for us without breaking the bank

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If folks are unaware the FJ comes with suicide doors. While the suicide doors adds to the cool factor, the width to get into the back seats can be tight.

The 4dr seems more practical in my opinion. It has a slightly bigger trunk space when the seats are folded down, it’ll be great for weekend family overland trips, and much easier to get into the back than suicide doors.
Not for me. Currently I drive a Mustang and the back seat contains "stuff". My front passenger seat currently has "Beth" the dead person I made for Halloween. I've never had anyone in my back seat and a passenger a handful of times. The 4 door makes no sense for me. Beth is posing in the attached photo lol.

20200830_225223.jpg

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2-dr for me.

Just me and my tripod senior greyhound. First thing is rear seat delete and install a plate system by Goose Gear to flatten the rear area. Put his memory foam mattress in the back and we are good to go.

I wanted the donut doors, but they will no longer be available. I have no interest in the tube doors. They look to Mad Max'ish. I'll never take the regular doors off so I don't have to be concerned about door storage.

Not concerned about resale. I hold on to my vehicles for a long time. My Jeep is 17 years old with only 85K miles. I expect to only put on less than 100K on the Bronco. When I get bored with it, I'll give it to my nephew (he lives in Wisc.). Right now, I intend to give him my Jeep.

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep going back and forth. I reserved a two door badlands but after seeing that pretty Area 51 four door that seemed the way to go. More practical and could carry more people as we are soon to be grand parents. But now I am back to 2 door for the shorter length and lighter weight. We will always have another nicer 5 passenger vehicle anyway.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am planning on getting a 2dr to replace my 4dr Wrangler.
We bought the Wrangler when kids were 9/11/14, now they are 14/16/19.

Basically kids almost never all come with us at the same time anymore or they “follow” with the Mini.

So 2dr for me and the dog is fairly enough! If needed we have an X5 to move the whole family.

Besides from the practical/unpractical considerations, I like the 2dr Bronco better. Better proportions overall...

And it’s gonna be manual because the 2 oldest had to learn to drive a stick my youngest has to have that skill too!

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am planning on getting a 2dr to replace my 4dr Wrangler.
We bought the Wrangler when kids were 9/11/14, now they are 14/16/19.

Basically kids almost never all come with us at the same time anymore or they “follow” with the Mini.

So 2dr for me and the dog is fairly enough! If needed we have an X5 to move the whole family.

Besides from the practical/unpractical considerations, I like the 2dr Bronco better. Better proportions overall...

And it’s gonna be manual because the 2 oldest had to learn to drive a stick my youngest has to have that skill too!
You going to let your youngest learn on your Bronco? If so, you're a better person than me. No one's allowed near mine, well maybe tied to the bumper, but that's it!!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2-dr for me.

I wanted the donut doors, but they will no longer be available.
when did the donut doors become not-applicable to the bronco?
Sponsored