Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Removable top and doors that’s not manufactured by Fiat/Chrysler. I love Jeeps but have not and will not own one since Chrysler took over.
Sponsored

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have owned a '15 and '17 JK and a '19 Grand Cherokee. My ex-husband got our Bronco in the divorce. This baby is all mine!!! I have waited long enough!

Ford Bronco Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler? 1595122399255

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, oh my. I’m over on the jlwranglerforums as well (because I actually have a rubi on order) ...all they say is the steering MUST BE SHIT TO MAKE IT A GOOD OFF-ROAD VEHICLE!! It’s A JEEP THING DAMMIT. Lol, shit, the more I read about their “acceptance of all the deficiencies of the Wrangler (for practically everything OTHER than off-road) makes me want my Bronco more.

With my responses to some of the comments over there I’ll probably be banned soon lol. Anyway, don’t really care cause I’m like 98% sure I’m going with the Bronco!!!

R

dave91gt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 1991 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang LX, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 1998 Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, oh my. I’m over on the jlwranglerforums as well (because I actually have a rubi on order) ...all they say is the steering MUST BE SHIT TO MAKE IT A GOOD OFF-ROAD VEHICLE!! It’s A JEEP THING DAMMIT. Lol, shit, the more I read about their “acceptance of all the deficiencies of the Wrangler (for practically everything OTHER than off-road) makes me want my Bronco more.

With my responses to some of the comments over there I’ll probably be banned soon lol. Anyway, don’t really care cause I’m like 98% sure I’m going with the Bronco!!!

R
I’m on the JL forum too. Found it after we bought our 18 JLU and was looking into the crap steering. Pretty apparent there isn’t a fix so the wife has been looking forward to the Bronco. The Bronco talk is getting some members riled up. I understand. It’s a Jeep forum but then again they aren’t used to having competition. I’m a SFA fan in some cases. But the JLU wandering is tiring on the highway. And those saying it’s a “Jeep thing” must not know any better. Our TJ’s, JKU all steered better. I just bought a YJ to fix up and flip (Bronco funds) and it steers better than our JLU.

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have owned a 4Runner sport since 2002 and it will out run anything it's age. It's never been a problem, I didn't not want to pay $40,000 for what I already have in a New 4runner with (18 city and 21 hwy) So I just kept driving my Beloved truck. I've always wanted a jeep but the price was to high for what it is to me and in order to get it the way I'd like it it would cost me $60,000 to $65,000 with after market parts and a 2" lift, all for worse gas mileage(13 to 15 city and 18 hwy) than what I'm getting in my 18 year old truck. The bronco looks wider, taller and if the gas mileage is better than the jeep or 4runner, I'll be in Heaven. plus i love the styling, to me the jeep is a jeep and the 4runner needs an update.

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m on the JL forum too. Found it after we bought our 18 JLU and was looking into the crap steering. Pretty apparent there isn’t a fix so the wife has been looking forward to the Bronco. The Bronco talk is getting some members riled up. I understand. It’s a Jeep forum but then again they aren’t used to having competition. I’m a SFA fan in some cases. But the JLU wandering is tiring on the highway. And those saying it’s a “Jeep thing” must not know any better. Our TJ’s, JKU all steered better. I just bought a YJ to fix up and flip (Bronco funds) and it steers better than our JLU.
lol, surprising the old ones steer better but you’re not the first to say that! I don’t know if it’s that they don’t know any better or they’ve accepted it because they believe their Jeep is the best off-road Vehicle in the world and nothing could possibly ever compete lol, it’s just so naive. I’m actually feeling like I don’t even want to be a part of their “cult”, they can keep their Jeep wave...just don’t leave your hand off the wheel too long lololol.

sad thing is, I love both designs and the Jeep still looks awesome to me. It’s just the Bronco checks every damn box. ...except I want my saddle brown/black interior with my cyber orange like the damn promo vids!!! I’ve read it’s not coming to production...quite disappointed with that, but I’ll be sticking with the horse. I will have two horses in the stable. So great :)

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Ford Bronco , Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am fanboy, of both Ford and mostly the Bronco

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quote from autoweek(bc what do I know)

Those huge 35-inch tires allow for 11.6-inches of ground clearance—about an inch more than the Jeep Rubicon. And a two-door Sasquatch Bronco has a maximum approach angle of 43.2 degrees, a departure angle of 37.2 degrees and a breakover angle of 29 degrees. That’s nearly the same as a two-door Wrangler Rubicon which has an approach angle of 44 degrees, 37 degree departure angle and a breakover angle of 27.8 degrees. What that tells us is that generally the two 4X4s are likely to clear the same size trail obstacles. However, that extra inch of clearance from the Bronco’s 35-inch tires might help it to pass across a few more boulders without dragging an axle.

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a Ford guy deep down and have driven F150 and have had great reliability with them.

I have a FJ Cruiser for off road and love it probably would buy another one or a 4runner if the Bronco did not come out. I won't be in the market for 3-4 years so that is just perfect I will give Ford some time to work out the bugs on the Bronco.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over Jeep Gladiator because of reliability and cabin space.

Over a 4runner... still not sure. There is a chance I buy one during the wait as it can do everything I need vs most of what I need.

ktbonefish

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion FR-S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
I would choose the Bronco purely because of its looks. I've only ever owned small sedans and sports cars and have had no interest in the adventure vehicles before now. But I really enjoyed the looks of the Bronco and thought it would be great fun to have.
Sponsored