First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cloth interior only - Yeah, it's one of the best looking, oddly enough. Katzkin will have options in the future and there will most likely be seat covers coming.

Limited color choices - Not a bad thing, but a couple more wouldn't have hurt. (I actually like Cyber Yellorange) While Velocity Blue is a good looking color, I'd counter with Rapid Red is just as good, that is until we actually 'see' a non-cgi Bronco in VB and it proves me wrong. :)

Only Standard package - Agreed. Sasquatch is the only package you 'really' need. Creature comforts & luxury options vary from person to person/spouse and intended use of vehicle. In all honestly, it brings a lot to the table for a 'base' model for the price, but just isn't as flashy as the upper trims.

I agree with you about understanding how people want more, especially in the day and age of technology bling. I too don't need all the extras and I grew up in a family that was neck deep in the 60's and 70's muscle cars and such, so the need to modify stuff is in my blood. ?

I'm all in for Base and at this point, Ford would have to offer an addition option or refinement to any of the upper trims, that I'd consider worth the extra money, to change my choice.

Also, imagine if Ford had actually used a Base for it's SEMA showcase vehicle instead of a Badlands. I think it would've had a slightly better impact (personal opinion), especially if they would've had a MGV option, in lets say the concept white & gray teased, and plug & play signature headlights and tail lights.
If they would've added those 2 things plus what was all added to the SEMA BL, the whole impact of it's modifiable flexibility could've been a bit greater.
In fact, they could've done 2 SEMA versions with one being the top of the model chain optioned bad boy, the other being it's creative & expressive (and possibly rebellious) twin.

To your point I really was interested in a BD because it already came with most of what I wanted and the ability to add stuff not available as options on the base.

The more I looked into it though I can add that stuff later and possibly better.

Katszin with heat
A class 3 hitch rather than the optional class 2
Bumpers and rock rails, the aftermarket should have plenty of options here.
A few other things I'm probably forgetting.
I don't really need or want any of the high or lux options.

Heated seats are temping though.

I considered Rapid Red also but saw a Raptor in VB and fell in love with the color.
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco has a lot of uses to a lot of people. Not everyone is going to go mudding. Some want to hit the trails. Some want to cruise around without a top. Some want to overland. Some like it cause it looks good. Try to imagine things beyond what you do.
Hmm, nope. Can't.
(Trolling them, not you).

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are these seat covers going to look like? The seats are highly visible when the top and doors are off. Not trying to knock it, but I just can't imagine that $100 seat covers are going to look nice.
For the money you're saving on a squatched base, you can get covers sure, but you can also go out and get custom seats with whatever material/design/shape you want, and get seat heaters to go along with it. That's what i am going to do. There are so many good custom interior shops that stepping up trims just to get better seats doesn't make sense to me anymore. I have seen the light. 2 dr base squatch or if i win the lottery between now and then, I'll get a fully optioned 4 dr badlands but i think i would enjoy the simplicity of the base more. Plus with a base, i wont be afraid to really beat it up out of the gates.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the money you're saving on a squatched base, you can get covers sure, but you can also go out and get custom seats with whatever material/design/shape you want, and get seat heaters to go along with it. That's what i am going to do. There are so many good custom interior shops that stepping up trims just to get better seats doesn't make sense to me anymore. I have seen the light. 2 dr base squatch or if i win the lottery between now and then, I'll get a fully optioned 4 dr badlands but i think i would enjoy the simplicity of the base more. Plus with a base, i wont be afraid to really beat it up out of the gates.
Two door basesquatch is a great value. You can build a killer rig for well under 40k. I wouldn’t be doing some crazy custom interior on it though. At that point, it kind of defeats the simplistic purpose of basesquatch, doesn’t it? I like your thoughts on being less afraid to really use it. At $38k, it’s a fun little vehicle.

My issue is more with the four door basesquatch which starts creeping into mid 40s with things I want: v6, bash plates, etc. You really can’t keep the four door cost down like you can the two door. Once it’s into mid 40s, just jump up to the badlands. That’s just my opinion though.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I do not want cloth seats out here in the desert so I was only looking at the BD & BL. I kept finding myself having to spend more for things I didn't want or need. Built a Base SAS and besides some of the tech it's everything I need. With the savings I'll get Katzkins and have them add heated seat and be done with it. Like you if I hit the lottery then it's a loaded BL! ?

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not want cloth seats out here in the desert so I was only looking at the BD & BL. I kept finding myself having to spend more for things I didn't want or need. Built a Base SAS and besides some of the tech it's everything I need. With the savings I'll get Katzkins and have them add heated seat and be done with it. Like you if I hit the lottery then it's a loaded BL! ?
Yup exactly, you can get some mighty fine seats aftermarket. Why pay 7k more for it, when it might only cost me 2.

BigCatKale

Everglades
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades / 2021 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Why don't people consider base with sasquatch and modular bumper comes with bash plates. And get brush gaurd and rock rails for like 37500. You will have a badass off-road machine.
Because this mall queen gonna be FANCY! ?

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've considered it, but the cloth seats and giant plastic grille kill it for me.

So, I bump up to Black Diamond to get MGV. Then, I look at the not having the signature lights, still don't love the grille, and realize I'm only couple grand away from what I really want.

So, I land on a Badlands.

Same boat. I've tried to convince myself that base with Squatch is where I need to be. End of the day there is to much tech already built in to convince myself that the spartan approach is worth while. If they offered roll up windows, no dash screen, and bare bones only essential wiring I may be lured to it.

I'm going to spoil myself with the high package on a Badlands.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Base is best because for the price of a 2DR Basemansquatch- $38k OTD, there’s nothing else I want and it’s got 98% of the capability of any other Bronco. It is a ridiculously good value. If I go up to a Badlands, it’s over $50k and I simply won’t pay that for a Bronco. I would get a used GT350, New GT PP2, certified preowned M4. Bronco is gonna be a fun topless manual beach fishing Rig, not my daily.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base is best because for the price of a 2DR Basemansquatch- $38k OTD, there’s nothing else I want and it’s got 98% of the capability of any other Bronco. It is a ridiculously good value. If I go up to a Badlands, it’s over $50k and I simply won’t pay that for a Bronco. I would get a used GT350, New GT PP2, certified preowned M4. Bronco is gonna be a fun topless manual beach fishing Rig, not my daily.
2DR Basemansquatch- $38k OTD

That's the best deal in the lineup, IMO. Unfortunately, I have a dog and a toddler so a 2 door just isn't practical at all.

The cost to bump to a 4 door basemansquatch skyrockets and therefore the Badlands four door makes more sense.

Just my opinion

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2DR Basemansquatch- $38k OTD

That's the best deal in the lineup, IMO. Unfortunately, I have a dog and a toddler so a 2 door just isn't practical at all.

The cost to bump to a 4 door basemansquatch skyrockets and therefore the Badlands four door makes more sense.

Just my opinion
Still $8k-$10k difference between 4 door basesquatch and Badlands 4 door. is It worth it for some cosmetic, front disconnect, vinyl seats, washout floor and mid package? Maybe. I certainly like those seats, but I dont want to spend $55k on a Bronco.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes ?just add the switches.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still $8k-$10k difference between 4 door basesquatch and Badlands 4 door. is It worth it for some cosmetic, front disconnect, vinyl seats, washout floor and mid package? Maybe. I certainly like those seats, but I dont want to spend $55k on a Bronco.
$6500 price difference if you keep the standard package on the Badlands. This is my swag at justifying the cost difference, and these are all things that I actually want:

$2000 - MGV
$500 - Rubberized flooring with drain
$1500 - Sway bar
$800 - Signature lighting
$800 - Nicer grille
$500 - High level instrument panel
$500 - Nicer interior appointments (dash, doors, etc)
$500 - Extra goat modes
$500 - Steel rear bumper

Plus, you get a cool Badlands sticker and some extra clout.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Today is Sunday so I am at BB squatch, Tuesday and Thursday I am at base squatch because it’s an awesome deal that I can mod to my liking. Tomorrow I am at BD...

my lack of decisiveness comes from must haves also include a 2.7, I actually like the front end of the base and BB, but I prefer the MGV, and my head goes to spending 38 already...Then my wife chimed in that maybe she want to trade in her grand Cherokee use the bronco as a daily when I have a pegged for a third vehicle. If she’s going to use it for a daily she’s going to use it as a daily comforts in the middle package will be required. Once I tint the windows heat the seeds add a remote start and can’t add intelligent entry...The $1500 for the mid package on the BB is a nice deal....that I can’t get on the base.....but plus the 3k for the BB upgrade which is BS....for tint and a leather steering wheel...Ugh

Seant

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Today is Sunday so I am at BB squatch, Tuesday and Thursday I am at base squatch because it’s an awesome deal that I can mod to my liking. Tomorrow I am at BD...

my lack of decisiveness comes from must haves also include a 2.7, I actually like the front end of the base and BB, but I prefer the MGV, and my head goes to spending 38 already...Then my wife chimed in that maybe she want to trade in her grand Cherokee use the bronco as a daily when I have a pegged for a third vehicle. If she’s going to use it for a daily she’s going to use it as a daily comforts in the middle package will be required. Once I tint the windows heat the seeds add a remote start and can’t add intelligent entry...The $1500 for the mid package on the BB is a nice deal....that I can’t get on the base.....but plus the 3k for the BB upgrade which is BS....for tint and a leather steering wheel...Ugh
Don't sweat it, I've gone through this, BB is not the best deal, it seems Base with SAS is, also been looking at BD, however most are buying this on looks, after owning several 4X4 Toyotas with lockers or locking hubs (first gen 4Runner), and off roading in Baja and other places before it was a fad, I can tell you most will not use their rear lockers 99.9% of the time and even less for a front locker. Plus you can really screw up your drive system if you are not familiar with properly using the lockers at the right time, which is essentially a back up system for offroad. Essentially the key to off-road are suspension and clearance first in high 2X4, 4X4 high, 4X4 low then lockers...so the base offers almost everything. I personally would prefer to have a rear locker, but front is for bragging rights for most
Sponsored