stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, but different in the same way that people will talk themselves into paying for for an "early" serial number classic, or "this is 1 of only 37 in this combination". Ah, so the fact that 200,000 were made means it's not rate, but the fact that only 37 idiots ordered the pea-soup green color with a column shift three speed, white interior and the perfume spray option makes it rare? ?

There is a distinction (however small) among the early '65s (commonly referred to as 64 1/2s) and the September-and-later '65s. Things are worth more when the market agrees to pay more for them. I'm hoping my Bronco is a "1 of only 37 in this combination," as long as it's not because I made a bunch of stupid choices. :LOL:
Your point is well taken. Our family has a 65 (not sure if it is a 64 1/2) with a 260 V8, not the 289. It is a sweet little ride, though showing its age.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen a number of posts about buying a Bronco and then trading it in for a 2022 or 2023, usually implying they'll trade it when the bugs are worked out, or when the options are available they want, or the V8 is offered or something.

I'm just wondering why someone would go through the reservation, order conversion, process only to buy something else a couple or few years later. Why buy a Bronco at all, not that you wouldn't, but why? What is the motivation, why do you "want" one?

I "want" one because it has a manual transmission, granny-low, two-speed transfer case and very low differential gearing with lockers front and rear. There is no other (new) vehicle like it that I'm aware of in the US. I plan to keep it 30+ years. I see it as a niche vehicle that will disappoint a lot of folks that don't want at least some of those same things, kind of like a Jeep Wrangler, but a Ford.
This is pretty much exactly the reason. Nobody needs a Bronco. I want a removable top and doors, manual 4x4 with off-road capabilities that isn’t a Wrangler. im Waiting for a 2 Dr Basemansquatch so it will be a 2022

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We are getting a 21, if we really like it we will order a 23 or 24 to replace the Explorer.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Scarcity.

Early reservation holders get 2021s, and that's it. It's too late to reserve one. Most future buyers are only vaguely aware or even unaware of the new Bronco. When they come out, people will be driven mad that they cannot get one. Humans desire nothing more than that which they cannot have. It'll be cool to have Unobtainium (UM) for a while. If I'm not smitten with my 2021, I can easily sell it and re-coup most or all of my cost.

A more pertinent question for me is, if why would anyone choose to wait for a MY 22? A darker complexion hardtop seems like a triviality. If I'm obsessed with the black top, I'd rather drive my cool, exclusive new vehicle and buy the top I want later. I kinda understand Mansquatch, though that's a niche crowd.
Having what everyone wants and it being hard to get and costing a lot of money could pose some issues. Then you take it out in the middle of nowhere. Some people may think they deserve it more than you. The JK is one of the most stolen vehicles so I wonder where the Bronco will be on the list. 2 guys walk up to you as you are getting into your new Bronco in a parking lot late at night and ask you for the keys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Having what everyone wants and it being hard to get and costing a lot of money could pose some issues. Then you take it out in the middle of nowhere. Some people may think they deserve it more than you. The JK is one of the most stolen vehicles so I wonder where the Bronco will be on the list. 2 guys walk up to you as you are getting into your new Bronco in a parking lot late at night and ask you for the keys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
That's why we have the Second Amendment. I'll tell those guys to piss off!

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, ,and they already have their 2nd amendment pointed at you. If they want it' it's gone.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, ,and they already have their 2nd amendment pointed at you. If they want it' it's gone.
it’s just a Bronco And now early reservation holders are all going to get carjacked? lol. There are WAY more valuable cars all over. Plus I would just tell them “ It’s a manual” and they would walk away because they don’t know how to drive it.
Sponsored