Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Not by a ton . . . but yes. And you still sacrifice a GOAT mode and (IMO) the better looking wheels and accents.
Wow, that's surprising. I've never configured an OBX though. Seems weird to pay more for less. I get why the Badlands is more than a Wildtrak.
Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. Not by a ton . . . but yes. And you still sacrifice a GOAT mode and (IMO) the better looking wheels and accents.
My WT: 4 Door, Tube Steps (included on OBX), Keyless Keypad, Power Leather Seating, Floor Liners, LUX, Storage Bags for the doors & front roof panels and Tow Package = $59010.00 Au

OBX: 4 Door, Sasquatch (included on WT), MIC Top (included on WT), Keyless Entry Keypad, Roast Power Leather Seats, Aux Switches (included on WT), Floor Liners, Storage Bags, LUX, 2.7 ecoboost (included on WT), Tow package = $59165.00

Yes, a small difference but still more for - IMO - a slightly less unit.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow, that's surprising. I've never configured an OBX though. Seems weird to pay more for less. I get why the Badlands is more than a Wildtrak.
BL is not more than a WT . . . until you start adding things to it.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I meant with equivalent options, sorry. Was following up my previous comment.
Yeah - I tried the same comparison because I did like the washout MGV interior (until I realized it was not power) and the BL was a LOT more . . . and tube steps were not an option. It went off my radar because of those factors and I have zero need for the disco. Also enjoy the Sport mode in the Raptor . . .

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
BL is not more than a WT . . . until you start adding things to it.
It's about 3k cheaper for me to go WT and get what i really want (Baja AND Sport). Only about 1.5K more than a BD. Don't need rock crawl mode, and the only reason i personally would find MGV useful would be getting caught in the rain with the top off. I have got by with carpet and cloth for the past 35+ years, so i won't be missing anything. And while being the butt of B6G interior jokes, it is much better than that of OBX IMO.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's about 3k cheaper for me to go WT and get what i really want (Baja AND Sport). Only about 1.5K more than a BD. Don't need rock crawl mode, and the only reason i personally would find MGV useful would be getting caught in the rain with the top off. I have got by with carpet and cloth for the past 35+ years, so i won't be missing anything. And while being the butt of B6G interior jokes, it is much better than that of OBX, IMO.
Was thinking the same thing about being caught in the rain . . . this will be my first topless vehicle (never wanted a Jeep) and am keeping my 17 Raptor out of necessity - but agree with the Baja and Sport! Made an hour one reservation for the WT - then spent months building everything from the OBX up (I knew I wanted LUX from the moment the B&P came on line) and landed right where I started. Enjoy you Bronco - maybe we'll cross paths one day . . . we visit the OBX almost yearly . . .

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i won't be missing anything. And while being the butt of B6G interior jokes, it is much better than that of OBX IMO.
I love the WT cloth interior. (y)

Don't need rock crawl mode, and the only reason i personally would find MGV useful would be getting caught in the rain with the top off.
Was thinking the same thing about being caught in the rain . . . this will be my first topless vehicle (never wanted a Jeep) and am keeping my 17 Raptor out of necessity
That's exactly why I want the MGV. I'm in a pretty rainy climate now. One time I left my Jeep at the airport. The only parking left was on top of the garage. When I got back from my trip, it had about a foot of water in it. Luckily it was a wash-out interior with vinyl seats. That was in Los Angeles, where it practically never rains. Just got lucky!

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was thinking the same thing about being caught in the rain . . . this will be my first topless vehicle (never wanted a Jeep) and am keeping my 17 Raptor out of necessity - but agree with the Baja and Sport! Made an hour one reservation for the WT - then spent months building everything from the OBX up (I knew I wanted LUX from the moment the B&P came on line) and landed right where I started. Enjoy you Bronco - maybe we'll cross paths one day . . . we visit the OBX almost yearly . . .
Ditto - Baja mode looks like it'll be a blast! As far as getting caught in the rain goes - just gonna hafta plan ahead!

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ditto - Baja mode looks like it'll be a blast! As far as getting caught in the rain goes - just gonna hafta plan ahead!
Absolutely . . . and it probably won't be the end of the world!! I see you're in upstate NY - maybe we'll cross paths - I'll be looking out! Hopefully by the time the leaves change!

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolutely . . . and it probably won't be the end of the world!! I see you're in upstate NY - maybe we'll cross paths - I'll be looking out! Hopefully by the time the leaves change!
Yeah, moved to Burlington for about a year just after highschool. Somewhat familiar with the Vermont area. She'll be Carb Gray if you see one tooling down the road.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, moved to Burlington for about a year just after highschool. Somewhat familiar with the Vermont area. She'll be Carb Gray if you see one tooling down the road.
Yes sir - work in South Burlington - AM Blue here! Best to you.

ummie4

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with it because it came with all the upgrades I was doing on lower trims for cheaper.
Ex a 4 door BD with the 4 upgrades that is standard on WT (sas, 2.7, MIC, mid) is about $100 more more than a WT. I don't care for all the "hardening" features on a BD. The way I see it the WT will be a nicer looking vehicle over the BD and hopefully retain more value?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted a Badlands for the longest time, but in the end ordered

Base 2.7L Sasquatch - MIC top, aux switches - Velocity blue

Essentially a Wildtrak without frills that I don't care about. Cost $43,270. $8k less for the same capabilities makes me happy.

OP
OP
deanfromkelowna

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted a Badlands for the longest time, but in the end ordered

Base 2.7L Sasquatch - MIC top, aux switches - Velocity blue

Essentially a Wildtrak without frills that I don't care about. Cost $43,270. $8k less for the same capabilities makes me happy.
Nice, I ordered the same wildtrak after wanting the badlands for the longest time. The sway bar disconnect didn’t become a must when I looked at all the Jeeps that rock crawl without it. spent the savings on the B&O. ;)
Sponsored