Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BL after adding optional wheels, 2.7, and 10 speed came out more expensive than WT. I live in IN, so there's no real rockcrawling (basically mud, snow, dirt roads). Don't really need the disco or heavy duty bash plates etc. I like the blacked out exterior on WT. I'll mainly drive in Sport mode on the street. AND, for some reason, it really bothered me that there are no fog lights with BL 😂. Don't know why either because I've never had a set of factory fog lights actually work as intended in fog 😂. The only thing I'll really miss is the washout floors.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same as most... Price wise if you want Sasquatch, hard top, and bigger engine, you are at a price point either more than the WT, or pretty damn close to it.

Then it just boils down to your interior color choice.

I do wish WT (being the top of the trims sans FE) offered up their Washable interior (not sure what Ford was thinking there)... But a vacuum and some seat covers and it should be fine.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most comparisons here are WT versus BL and I wanted WT for mostly same reasons cited. But I just didn’t like the interior colors on WT, especially the pixelated cloth seat pattern. Could have gone leather in WT and that did look a bit better. But I’m in Arizona and some leather seats just don’t hold up. Therefore I want cloth. I really liked BL too but the deal killer there was lack of Sport mode. After some thought, my choice was OBX, outfitted like WT, see below. Price was practically identical and I liked the roast with black onyx seats. As far as I can tell, the only thing I’m missing on OBX is Baja mode and the little sticker on the side that says “Wildtrak”.

I’m a bit new at this Bronco shopping game. Maybe some of you more experienced Bronco shoppers can tell me if I’m missing something on the OBX compared to WT.

Bob

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Originally wanted OuterBanks but hate the large grill openings
Then Badlands but couldn't add side steps for the wife
Chose WildTrak 4Dr VB with all the bells and whistles as my best option

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only option I have to choose from is Badlands because manual w/creature comforts. I would definitely consider getting other trims like Wildtrack or Black Diamond if I could get manual w/creature comforts!

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The biggest reason for me is that I intend to tow fairly close to the max ~3k lbs, and the payload on the Badlands (with sas and the 2.7) is just too low to tow with passengers. The HD bumpers and bash plates are one of the biggest payload killers. Plus in Michigan they will just rust, and the off roading around here is mostly dune running, and that sort of stuff. No need for all the dead weight on the Badlands.

Also I had a work truck with washout floors. Of course all the seat rails ended up rusted. I run husky liners in my truck now. Pull em out, hose em off, same difference plus the carpet will cut down on road noise.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Didnt get a Wildtrak, but could give you a couple reasons why I was willing to spend a couple hundred more to get a loaded OBX sas instead lol

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The biggest reason for me is that I intend to tow fairly close to the max ~3k lbs, and the payload on the Badlands is just too low to tow with passengers. The HD bumpers and bash plates are one of the biggest payload killers. Plus in Michigan they will just rust, and the off roading around here is mostly dune running, and that sort of stuff. No need for all the dead weight on the Badlands.

Also I had a work truck with washout floors. Of course all the seat rails ended up rusted. I run husky liners in my truck now. Pull em out, hose em off, same difference plus the carpet will cut down on road noise.
I've been on the fence and these are all good reasons to get off the fence already.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WT would have been a better value for me, but in the end, I preferred the look of the grill, fenders, mirror caps, and MIC top all matching in color, vs. mis-match of the WT.

So I optioned a BL out like a WT. I would have preferred Sport Mode over Rock Crawl mode, and I'd have preferred fog lights (mainly just the wiring) with the WT bumper over the mod bumper (since I know I'm going aftermarket for a bumper eventually), but I realized early on I couldn't get exactly what I wanted from the factory.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, really? 😁

As i said, WT is wider in both body and track.
WT is not wider.

It only seems that way in the spec sheets because it comes with Sasquatch. If you add Sasquatch to a Base it will match the WT in terms of dimensions.

This thread has some more details if you're curious.