Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WT is not wider.

It only seems that way in the spec sheets because it comes with Sasquatch. If you add Sasquatch to a Base it will match the WT in terms of dimensions.

This thread has some more details if you're curious.
I am going by this:

Ford Bronco Why did you order a Wildtrak? 2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs_page_3
Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most comparisons here are WT versus BL and I wanted WT for mostly same reasons cited. But I just didn’t like the interior colors on WT, especially the pixelated cloth seat pattern. Could have gone leather in WT and that did look a bit better. But I’m in Arizona and some leather seats just don’t hold up. Therefore I want cloth. I really liked BL too but the deal killer there was lack of Sport mode. After some thought, my choice was OBX, outfitted like WT, see below. Price was practically identical and I liked the roast with black onyx seats. As far as I can tell, the only thing I’m missing on OBX is Baja mode and the little sticker on the side that says “Wildtrak”.

I’m a bit new at this Bronco shopping game. Maybe some of you more experienced Bronco shoppers can tell me if I’m missing something on the OBX compared to WT.

Bob
Due to the interior color I went back and forth with the OBX more times than I can count . . . but after seeing a few pics of the interior (leather) in the WT I decided to stay with my first choice (WT-4dr-AMB-LUX-TOW-Canvas Bimini-Side steps) because I really want the black accents . . .

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only option I have to choose from is Badlands because manual w/creature comforts. I would definitely consider getting other trims like Wildtrack or Black Diamond if I could get manual w/creature comforts!
^^^ This. Also, I travel regularly at night in areas where there are many large ungulates near or on the road, so I’m fine with adding a/m fogs using an auxiliary switch. I can run both brights and fogs simultaneously where the BCM won’t allow that on the factory-wired lights.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going by this:

Ford Bronco Why did you order a Wildtrak? 2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs_page_3
The widest point with the mirrors folded would be the outside edge of the tires....hence why the Wildtrak, which has Sasquatch standard, is 3" wider due to the different offset of the Sasquatch wheels and the wider tires. Add Squatch to any other trim and they come out to 79.3" wide as well.

Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I passed on the Wildtrack for the Badlands because I found the blue accents hideous, especially with he sandstone interior. Just wasn't feeling it. I was originally going to go wildtrack for most of the reasons you stated but I couldn't get past the Blue accents or how they clash (to me) with the interior colors.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I passed on the Wildtrack for the Badlands because I found the blue accents hideous, especially with he sandstone interior. Just wasn't feeling it. I was originally going to go wildtrack for most of the reasons you stated but I couldn't get past the Blue accents or how they clash (to me) with the interior colors.
Maybe $3 worth of vinyl sheet or touch up paint would have fixed that....

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe $3 worth of vinyl sheet or touch up paint would have fixed that....
Possibly but why should I do that, and likely have it look ugly for other reasons, when the Badlands optioned the way I want is basically only missing the SAS package, and I can add that with aftermarket suspension, probably better than factory anyway, and tires if I choose to.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The widest point with the mirrors folded would be the outside edge of the tires....hence why the Wildtrak, which has Sasquatch standard, is 3" wider due to the different offset of the Sasquatch wheels and the wider tires. Add Squatch to any other trim and they come out to 79.3" wide as well.
I see where you're coming from with those numbers, but then why does the WT always look bigger in photos then the other SAS models?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see where you're coming from with those numbers, but then why does the WT always look bigger in photos then the other SAS models?
Perspective maybe? Bottom line is it's exactly the same size as every other trim. It's an optioned-up Bronco with an appearance package, much like its namesake the Ranger Wildtrak. The only reason it's more of a Baja runner is because marketing says it is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
deanfromkelowna

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most comparisons here are WT versus BL and I wanted WT for mostly same reasons cited. But I just didn’t like the interior colors on WT, especially the pixelated cloth seat pattern. Could have gone leather in WT and that did look a bit better. But I’m in Arizona and some leather seats just don’t hold up. Therefore I want cloth. I really liked BL too but the deal killer there was lack of Sport mode. After some thought, my choice was OBX, outfitted like WT, see below. Price was practically identical and I liked the roast with black onyx seats. As far as I can tell, the only thing I’m missing on OBX is Baja mode and the little sticker on the side that says “Wildtrak”.

I’m a bit new at this Bronco shopping game. Maybe some of you more experienced Bronco shoppers can tell me if I’m missing something on the OBX compared to WT.

Bob
Good points. For me, the grey fenders were a must. The OBX does seem a bit more city to me as I live in the country. But I think once these arrive in show rooms, it will be a lot easy to choose - but it will be “take what you can get” for a few years until inventory is built up.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Originally wanted OuterBanks but hate the large grill openings
Then Badlands but couldn't add side steps for the wife
Chose WildTrak 4Dr VB with all the bells and whistles as my best option
Not definite, but I see no reason why the same steps on the OBX won’t be able to attach to the BL model. I would be amazed if the same holes that accept the steps aren’t present on the OBX.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered a WT because it has everything I want. I like the Black and Tan leather better than the black and gray if the badlands. I also like Sport mode.

I do hedge a bit that I’d prefer the MGV seats and the gray grill that matches the top though.

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not definite, but I see no reason why the same steps on the OBX won’t be able to attach to the BL model. I would be amazed if the same holes that accept the steps aren’t present on the OBX.
I was originally thinking Rock Rails AND the Side Steps but then saw you couldn’t do both. So I chose to stay married and get the steps. Im
Sure anything is possible regarding steps but I’m too lazy to look it up right now so I’ll suffer with my WildTrak

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sport mode over Rock Crawling mode for me. I don't really need the wash out floor and prefer carpet with the rubberized mats.
Sponsored