MardiGrasTexan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Those 4-dr buyers can try and justify what they are buying is a Bronco, but everyone knows a Bronco has 2-drs. Those of us driving our 2-dr will look at 4-dr buyers with a smirk. We all know the imposter. But we won't shun those who opt for the lifted Flex. They are all part of the family. Every family has that crazy Uncle whom is still loved and welcomed, it is just that no one wants to be seen with him.
Hahahaha....I'm surprised the two door anti-4 door folks aren't still riding in a horse drawn buggy. But hey, you do you. You're probably one of the ones that will "stretch" their Bronco later to make it a better crawler. That's the funny part. Oh, and no, you're not getting a V8....sorry. Only real Broncos have V8's....am I right? I'm sure you'll still be driving one with your 4 cylinder or V6....loaded with a 12" center screen display. Oh the horror you must feel having to touch that technology. Don't worry, you're also still part of the family with your half pint version Bronco. We'll still let you play in the yard.

I assume crew cab trucks aren't real trucks either? Because real trucks back in the day only had 2 doors. Right again?
Sponsored

Baron von Bruce

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personally speaking, I have never understood the appeal of a two door SUV, especially a full sized one. I just don't get it. Never have, never will lol. Get a regular cab truck and throw a cap on it at that point. Now I am glad they are offering the two door, more power to you guys that want it/get it and I hope you love it to death.

On this topic, while I agree it also needs to appeal to the general public.

Example look at the 6th gen Camaro. GM focused on what the enthusiast wanted. Smaller, lighter, better handling, faster and keep the sleek low roof line.

What did GM build, they built exactly that. They ignored complaints about practicality, visibility and focused on the enthusiast wants and needs. Now yes, the camaro is the best performing car in its class, universal praise from the automotive world, automotive press and is generally considered one of the best performance cars you can buy. It has the worst sales in its class by a large margin, and is on the verge of getting canceled again(depending on what you read). While the whole segment it competes in is down, Mustang and Challenger aren't down anywhere near what Camaro is. What is the difference? The Mustang and Challenger are more appealing to the general public than the Camaro is.

Moral of the story, can't focus to much on what the enthusiast wants on a vehicle that is designed to sell in large volumes(Ford wants 200K broncos annually)
Camero sales are not down because its not "family friendly or lacks storage space" It sucks because its line of sight and visibility is horrible and its super expensive. Also its price point is now so high you might as well by the Corvette.
Also I think there is a lot of demand for a smaller off roader. Hence the excitement around the bronco and the jeeps. I'm just saying look at the original bronco and look at the 5th gen bronco.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
<snipped>

I'm still waiting for someone to develop a huge off-road SUV with front and rear lockers built on a half ton or even 3/4 ton platform. I think that would have immensely more practicality and function to both the average family and avid outdoorsman. Don't call it a bronco if it ticks off the purists. I bet it would sell a ton, although it may come at the expense of some F150 sales.
You’re after a Unimog - can get them larger than that even.

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh no Jimbo, the sarcasm potentiometer is broken!! We’ll have to switch to reserve detectors, but make it fast! The servers can’t last much longer!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Camero sales are not down because its not "family friendly or lacks storage space" It sucks because its line of sight and visibility is horrible and its super expensive. Also its price point is now so high you might as well by the Corvette.
Also I think there is a lot of demand for a smaller off roader. Hence the excitement around the bronco and the jeeps. I'm just saying look at the original bronco and look at the 5th gen bronco.
Your looking at the SS Models and above if your getting into Corvette pricing. The Camaro line up lines up pretty evenly with the Mustang. Also don't forget the 60-70% of all the pony cars sold are the base/low end trims. AKA the people that won't care about the performance, and those models aren't going to get near corvette pricing.

So if 60 to 70% are in the same price range as it's competition why is one suffering more than the others. Because it's not a good coupe compared to its competition.

Just saying you can't focus to much what the enthusiast wants. If you do you end up with a vehicle that only a small percentage of people want and eventually it will go away

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Regardless what you want or like, the 4 door is probably what’s going to keep the Bronco profitable and make sure it stays around. Basically outside of sports cars 2 doors just don’t really sell. How often do you really see new 2 door trucks anymore? Or wranglers? Probably 8 or 9 times outta 10 it’s a 4 door, because that’s people buy now. The Jeep Cherokee used to have a 2 door option. Dodge chargers were originally 2 doors, so was the Dodge Dart. Chevy Malibu was 2 door before. Even the ranger doesn’t have a regular single cab option. So I guess I see why the 2 door guys feel they have to justify it or something. Personally, I like them both, but very unlikely I’d actually buy the 2 door. And no I don’t *need* a 4 door.

To me, this is just like manual transmissions. They don’t sell the numbers that autos do, but the hardcore manual guys still love them and want them. I’m all for that, as I prefer manual in anything and everything if it’s an option. But I can’t deny that manual transmissions don’t sell well so from a business standpoint I see why so many manufacturers don’t make them anymore. Doesn’t mean I don’t want one. So just like many have even said on here about manuals, be happy it’s still an option at all. Applies to 2 doors too

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 2-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have lots of cars because we live in a sprawling city on a large lot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 2-door. I’d be 4-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more stable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”

Then I’d crank up some classic metal and tear ass out of there at 80 mph, with tube doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
I believe it is the other way around. Why go 4 dr unless you have to?

The standard is the 2 dr Bronco, with the option for a 4 door.

It seems that the only justification for purchasing a 4 dr over a 2 dr is either due to family size or preference.
I would assume the average person's preference is first decided by the type of car you were in the market for in the first place.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
getting a 4 door and calling it a 'Bronco' is as nonsensical as buying a 4 door sedan and calling it a 'Charger'. Everyone knows it isn't real unless two doors, just a badge job, but people buy them and pretend. Pretend real hard.
That's the dumbest thing I've heard yet! lol

Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hahahaha....I'm surprised the two door anti-4 door folks aren't still riding in a horse drawn buggy. But hey, you do you. You're probably one of the ones that will "stretch" their Bronco later to make it a better crawler. That's the funny part. Oh, and no, you're not getting a V8....sorry. Only real Broncos have V8's....am I right? I'm sure you'll still be driving one with your 4 cylinder or V6....loaded with a 12" center screen display. Oh the horror you must feel having to touch that technology. Don't worry, you're also still part of the family with your half pint version Bronco. We'll still let you play in the yard.

I assume crew cab trucks aren't real trucks either? Because real trucks back in the day only had 2 doors. Right again?
Best post in this thread. ?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or some people are playing along and you don't realize it.
This. Many knew it was a copy/paste from the other thread including me. It is why I responded in the manner I did. The mere mention of a lifted Flex is a trigger to those 4-dr buyers. A troll gets trolled back with troll responses. My response has 28 and counting reactions. I posted and went to the gym knowing others would be triggered.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've owned two 2-door Wranglers in the past, but love the 4 door look far more due to the real estate it takes up. The lift, the stance...just looks good. It all boils down to what you like. I like to pack down and head out, so the extra room and convenience of simply opening the back doors will make all the difference for me.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe it is the other way around. Why go 4 dr unless you have to?
You must be lost, I believe you were looking for this thread: Why go 4 door unless you have to

This has got to be one of the best threads on 6g. The 2-door purist virtue signaling in here is over the top. What the 2-door crowd conveniently forgets is that the current Bronco wouldn't exist (well, for very long anyhow) if it wasn't for the 4-door. Just ask the 2020 FJ Cruiser.

How about, to each their own? You spend your money and I will spend mine.
Sponsored