First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 Doors have 2 doors too. Twice the fun!
'fraid not. doors off (zero doors) is more fun than 2 doors, ergo less doors is more fun. 4 doors on is precisely half the fun of a real 2 door Bronco. It's like...science, dude.

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a wife and 2 kids.

Getting a 2dr.

When I was a kid everything it seems was a 2dr and families made it work.

Everything having to have 4drs seems like a transition that happened set in the 90s and stuck and no one can figure out how to do anything without everything being super easy for them.

Nope my kids are going to cram into the back and like it. We'll throw our stuff on the roof and bikes/skis/whatever on the hitch carrier and we'll go have fun.
this guy knows

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or does it say let’s pick up the in-laws and go to Applebee’s?
Yeah, or "Sure Honey, I'll pick up your new chair from Ikea since it can fit in the Bronco!"

But yeah, I'm ok with that and I'm getting the 4dr. Maybe a few years down the road I'll get the 2dr as well. I been trying to convince my wife that we both get one this year, a 4dr Bronco and a Bronco sport for her. Then I get the 2dr in 3-5 years when they have more styling options.

Last edited:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally speaking, I have never understood the appeal of a two door SUV, especially a full sized one. I just don't get it. Never have, never will lol. Get a regular cab truck and throw a cap on it at that point. Now I am glad they are offering the two door, more power to you guys that want it/get it and I hope you love it to death.

This makes me worried about the future of the Bronco. How long before they turn it into just another family hauler? When I hear people say it’s impractical all I can think of is “of course it’s not a Practical vehicle” it’s a off roader. How many four door sports cars are out there?
so please if you feel you have to pack 5 people a dog and a whole bunch of stuff then buy the Bronco Sport. This vehicle might not be for you. Almost every vehicle currently made is for that. But there are precious few light nimble pure off roaders in the world. Please Ford don’t turn this into a family SUV.
On this topic, while I agree it also needs to appeal to the general public.

Example look at the 6th gen Camaro. GM focused on what the enthusiast wanted. Smaller, lighter, better handling, faster and keep the sleek low roof line.

What did GM build, they built exactly that. They ignored complaints about practicality, visibility and focused on the enthusiast wants and needs. Now yes, the camaro is the best performing car in its class, universal praise from the automotive world, automotive press and is generally considered one of the best performance cars you can buy. It has the worst sales in its class by a large margin, and is on the verge of getting canceled again(depending on what you read). While the whole segment it competes in is down, Mustang and Challenger aren't down anywhere near what Camaro is. What is the difference? The Mustang and Challenger are more appealing to the general public than the Camaro is.

Moral of the story, can't focus to much on what the enthusiast wants on a vehicle that is designed to sell in large volumes(Ford wants 200K broncos annually)

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll never own another 2dr unless it's a 2-seater. 2dr + >2 passengers = PITA.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 2-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have lots of cars because we live in a sprawling city on a large lot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 2-door. I’d be 4-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more stable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”

Then I’d crank up some classic metal and tear ass out of there at 80 mph, with tube doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
I'm with you. I had two 2 door Wranglers followed by two 4 door Wranglers when I was single. The utility of the 4 doors and added cargo space made my life so much easier and enjoyable. 4 door is way more functional and being able to comfortably carry the stuff and people on your adventures is what its all about.

Seems people on this forum care more about how their vehicle looks than what they can do with it. 2 doors look cool. Huge Sasquatch tires look cool. I don't give a rat's ass how people think I look. I have a wife and 2 daughters now and If people think my 4 door with 33" tires looks lame, I don't care! :)

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't like the 4 door soft top and just don't like the extra boxy look of the four door. Wife has an Explorer if we need to have passengers. I currently drive an Accord and have used the backseat probably twice in the last year. For me it's for fun and I feel I'm going to have more fun with a two door.

OP
OP
ATLBronco75

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally speaking, I have never understood the appeal of a two door SUV, especially a full sized one. I just don't get it. Never have, never will lol. Get a regular cab truck and throw a cap on it at that point. Now I am glad they are offering the two door, more power to you guys that want it/get it and I hope you love it to death.

On this topic, while I agree it also needs to appeal to the general public.

Example look at the 6th gen Camaro. GM focused on what the enthusiast wanted. Smaller, lighter, better handling, faster and keep the sleek low roof line.

What did GM build, they built exactly that. They ignored complaints about practicality, visibility and focused on the enthusiast wants and needs. Now yes, the camaro is the best performing car in its class, universal praise from the automotive world, automotive press and is generally considered one of the best performance cars you can buy. It has the worst sales in its class by a large margin, and is on the verge of getting canceled again(depending on what you read). While the whole segment it competes in is down, Mustang and Challenger aren't down anywhere near what Camaro is. What is the difference? The Mustang and Challenger are more appealing to the general public than the Camaro is.

Moral of the story, can't focus to much on what the enthusiast wants on a vehicle that is designed to sell in large volumes(Ford wants 200K broncos annually)
Have you driven one? It’s not just poor visibility. You may as well have blinders on. Lol

Sponsored

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fundamental question here - why go 2-door unless you have to?

Personal opinion answer here - because I want to. In this thread, and any other similar thread.

2-doors are virtuous. 4-doors send a signal. Its all about virtue signaling.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The number of 2-door fans that can't recognize this as a copy-pasta of the other thread is hilarious. Also, the wildly defensive nature of the 2-door folks is worrying. I'll wave to ya but I guess only 4-door-dads will wave back. lol
Or some people are playing along and you don't realize it.

kobrah66

Wildtrak
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fordf150, jeep grand cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the kind of discussion that infuriates me...who cares..if you want a two door get it..if you want a four door get it..Why would anybody look down on someone driving either?? This discussion is actually whats wrong with our society in general too many people care what other people think and to many "karens" trying to force an opinion on someone else..get whatever you want and enjoy it..........i personally could care less why you want what you want...ur the one paying for it!

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs