Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with you....they all look good, but the 2 door looks like a Bronco II too much for my tastes. The 4 door looks way better the way I will be driving it - doors and roof off with 35s. I can also actually throw in a fishing rod, sleep in the back, carry gear to the beach. OP is right...unless you're budget limited: 4 door.
Sponsored

dgauss

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Disclaimer that the following is just my take and not meant to put down the 4-door -
IMO, 2 door looks much better and it's not close. Plus, you get some weight savings and there's still more than enough room for the fiance + dog.

That said, to each their own. Everyone has different tastes / requirements and that's a good thing (*cough cough thankful for cancelled reservations making my bronco come sooner!*). Also, I wouldn't say the 4-door is undesirable. If I needed a 4-door, I'd look at the bronco before any other car.

Last edited:

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming from a 4 door JK I couldn't downsize to a 2 door. Although I think the Bronco looks better in 2 doors than 4. It's my wife's daily driver with 2 kids and occasional road trip vehicle/off road toy. We did a trip over the summer out to Ouray, CO in the JKU and we were packed in there pretty good. In a 2 door it would've been miserable. I'll take the comfort, practicality and cargo space over slightly better looks and heritage. Everyone ragged on the 4 door wranglers when they came out, including myself. Now I wouldn't even consider a 2 door JL even if I was single.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 2-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have lots of cars because we live in a sprawling city on a large lot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 2-door. I’d be 4-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more stable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”

Then I’d crank up some classic metal and tear ass out of there at 80 mph, with tube doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
Yea, so ATL that's your opinion and prerogative, which is of course just fine. Even with the two kids, I'm getting the 2 door because a Bronco is a 2 door, not a 4 door. I'm of course basing this on history.

However, I also recognize that America is the land of excess. Why get only what you need, when you can just get more (just in case), or for "comfort", you know, because I'm a soft ass and must have everything easy for me. This isn't my life philosophy, but I know it is for most, so I just do my thing and let others be.

A 4 door is never going to be better off road on any type of rock crawling, but may smooth out higher speed trail running. Point here is there are trade offs either way. Also feel the 2 door has more than enough space for my camping and even overlanding trips.

Not taking the entire family camping; that's a nightmare I want no parts of. I'll go with my daughter who's the oldest for some bonding time since she's not too old to not find her dad cool yet. I pray it stays that way, because she's definitely cool to me and we connect just great. Son is only 4 and who knows. Took him hunting for first time before the holiday and he may not end up being such a momma's boy brat after all. Go figure! :)

If I camp with the wife, we aren't bringing more than one kid, as the trip then becomes all about them and whether or not they're bored.

Anyway, a good roof rack and knowing how to pack efficiently should be done anyway, but the 2 door forces me to actually think things through. Big vehicles aren't my thing, so this is only my opinion and perogative.

Last edited:

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I bought my RC Bronco I couldn't find a 4 dr . Even the toy makers know the 4dr looks like a mom-mobile ,LOL

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fundamental question here - why go 2-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have lots of cars because we live in a sprawling city on a large lot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 2-door. I’d be 4-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more stable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”

Then I’d crank up some classic metal and tear ass out of there at 80 mph, with tube doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
2 door is and will always be the og 2 door is so much better looking

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Coming from a 4 door JK I couldn't downsize to a 2 door. Although I think the Bronco looks better in 2 doors than 4. It's my wife's daily driver with 2 kids and occasional road trip vehicle/off road toy. We did a trip over the summer out to Ouray, CO in the JKU and we were packed in there pretty good. In a 2 door it would've been miserable. I'll take the comfort, practicality and cargo space over slightly better looks and heritage. Everyone ragged on the 4 door wranglers when they came out, including myself. Now I wouldn't even consider a 2 door JL even if I was single.
This.
Another big point for me-it's me, the wife, and 2 kids. We like to take a niece or nephew with us often on our trips to CO. If the 2dr seated three in the back it might be more of a consideration. Of course, that line of thinking could be continued up to something with 3 rows of seating, or even a 15 passenger van, but I want the capability. The cost savings is tempting though!

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m downsizing from a JKU to a two door Bronco. Honestly, I am worried the two door Bronco will still be too big for my tastes. The JKU has been nice when I needed to throw 3-4 hockey bags in the back and still bring the players that owned them, but after those days were done, I have absolutely no need. It’s just a bonus to me that the two door is cheaper. My brother’s old JK (since been wrecked) was a blast to drive over my JKU so I am hoping the two door Bronco is close to as nimble feeling.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll go a step further and say both 2 and 4 dr models are somewhat impractical for a full family and most extended camping/back country hunting situations.

The low payload, low towing, small fuel tank, and small interior space of the new bronco makes it a very niche vehicle in my eyes.

It's only me and the wife and two dogs, but I often hunt in the backcountry for a week or more at a time and need the space. I could tow a trailer with the bronco, but then my off-road capability is somewhat compromised, my vehicle would be near it's max tow number and range would be even further reduced.

If we do get a bronco we are going in knowing it's fairly impractical (will get a 4 dr since it less impractical) and more of a "fun" purchase and will definitely be keeping my truck for work and extended backcountry trips.

I'm still waiting for someone to develop a huge off-road SUV with front and rear lockers built on a half ton or even 3/4 ton platform. I think that would have immensely more practicality and function to both the average family and avid outdoorsman. Don't call it a bronco if it ticks off the purists. I bet it would sell a ton, although it may come at the expense of some F150 sales.

Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I like the look more. 2 dr seems too stubby for my taste.

Want extra room in back.

The price difference is no bother to me.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without sounding like a troll...if it helps you sleep at night. There is no dispute that a 2 Door Sasquatch is the more rugged, aggressive looking vehicle. America has simply changed it's car-buying culture over the decades. When I was 5 years old before car seat laws, I would crawl into the back area of my "new dad's" Stingray after my mom remarried. I thought it was the coolest thing. Now that may be extreme and yeah, looking back, inappropriate, but this notion that a 2 door cannot be a family vehicle is another nickel in the bucket of things that are making us soft. Open the door, flip the seat, and climb in. I did it for years as a kid and look I still graduated college. The 4 door is a lot more expensive when you factor in both the doors and the hardtop. Will I miss being able to just open the rear doors of my Sportrac to stow groceries or other items when I am doing stuff? Probably, but I will have the back gate now and I'll make it work.
Well said.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Y’all are taking this shit so far. Yes a 4dr is a bronco. Same mechanicals. Same off road prowess. It’s just more stable with more storage. The “2dr is the only real bronco” mentality is laughable.

I may get a 2 door honestly but I won’t laugh at those with 4 doors - I’ll laugh at the 99% who DONT go off road. Those are the real enemies.

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pretty sure both these vehicles are gonna have “Bronco” stamped on them. It’s funny that people think their opinion makes a difference on what this thing is. Fords calling it a Bronco, selling it as a bronco, when you go to register it the DMV isn’t gonna make you call it something else cause it has extra doors haha.

That being said put me in the crazy uncle camp with my extra doors. If I could have 6 doors I’d do it. Gimme all the doors.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Without sounding like a troll...if it helps you sleep at night. There is no dispute that a 2 Door Sasquatch is the more rugged, aggressive looking vehicle. America has simply changed it's car-buying culture over the decades. When I was 5 years old before car seat laws, I would crawl into the back area of my "new dad's" Stingray after my mom remarried. I thought it was the coolest thing. Now that may be extreme and yeah, looking back, inappropriate, but this notion that a 2 door cannot be a family vehicle is another nickel in the bucket of things that are making us soft. Open the door, flip the seat, and climb in. I did it for years as a kid and look I still graduated college. The 4 door is a lot more expensive when you factor in both the doors and the hardtop. Will I miss being able to just open the rear doors of my Sportrac to stow groceries or other items when I am doing stuff? Probably, but I will have the back gate now and I'll make it work.
Another thing that has changed - people are growing massive. Check the USA obesity rate yikes. Can people even fit side by side in the back seat of a 2 door Bronco, lol.
Sponsored